Scythe ramming..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XRIST0, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Total_Overkill

Scythes already receive normal damage on its wing tips, and if you bork with the undercarriage we get the same problems that all ESFs had previously, about not being able to land without taking large amounts of damage. I for one, am not fond of exploding if i nudge some tall grass.
  2. jjruh

I have gotten quite a few dog fighting kills by colliding in my scythe. The thing is, not one of those kills was intentional. in EACH case, the reaver or mossie RAMMED ME not the other way around. So if there is going to be a penalty for stupid players who think they can ram people to get kills on scythes, then so be it.
  3. LightningWolfTigrBer

That's true. Well then I guess the only other solution would be to change the Scythe's actual design...but it looks so damn cool, I don't want to give that up..
  4. MarthKoopa

It's not difficult to avoid being rammed. I can tell YOU don't actually fly often.
  5. Darlithor

Yes yes,.. All factions can ram and kill. But I take a huge risk of mutual death when ramming. For some odd reason, Scythes can ram me and take no dmg. I've had this happen too many times now to just be a fluke of game mechanics. The really odd part is that many times I don't even get the "collision sound and movement" when a Scythe one shot rams me". The most recent encounter, I turned to approach a Scyth, he does a 180 and is now pointed right at me, I hit my Reaver's "supposedly superior accent engines" and on my screen lift up and over him.. About 1 second after watching him pass under me.. My screen switches instantly to the death screen.. The cause? Rammed... The health of the ramming vehicle? full..
    • Up x 1
  6. Darlithor

Wrong. As a flying brick with Racer Chassis 3 chassing a Scythe that can stop on a dime and do a 180 before your Reaver can even turn 10 degrees.. Its almost impossible to avoid a Scythe pilot intending on ramming you.
  7. jjruh

First of all, thats impossible, second of all, thats impossible with the dogfighting 3 airframe, third of all stop exaggerating your stories, you are a bad pilot, deal with it.

Edit: fourth, why on earth Auraxis would you get the racer 3 chassis? its the worst, most useless aircraft frame in the game.
  8. Total_Overkill

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428011263320078257/vehicles
    Hasnt even earned his wings yet ( neither have you yet, but at least you know whats impossible ;-p )

Good A2G pilots and certain Airhammer Reaver builds require Racer 3... but thats it.
  9. LightningWolfTigrBer

[IMG]
  10. jjruh

I know i stink at flying. I have never once said I was a good pilot. In fact, in a prior post about A2G rockets I said I sucked at flying (which I do)
  11. Darlithor

You clearly have no understanding of the reaver if you are questioning racer 3. Its the only chasis that brings the reaver even close to competing on equal footing with the other 2 esfs. And from the perspective of a reaver chasing a Scythe, yes it usually appears that they can stop nearly instantly and turn, the maneuverability of a stock scythe puts even a dog fighting frame 3 on a reaver to shame.

Ooo and excuse me for not making the reaver the primary vehicle I play.. Doesn't mean I don't know about flying them.
  12. MarthKoopa

Yup, bad pilot detected.
  13. ObsidianSoul

Hint: use hover airframe, not racer. Racer makes you faster, but makes it more difficult to turn. Hover makes you slower but you can pretty much stop and rotate mid-air if you want. Not sure about dogfighting airframe, as I've never used it. Probably somewhere in between the two. Also the trick to turning on a dime is very simple: slow down.
  14. jjruh

I second this, through the personal experience of a completely unskilled pilot, I found my play better with the hover than with the dogfighting.
  15. ObsidianSoul

Typo. I meant racer. I don't have experience with dogfighting airframe, so I can't really say if it's better.
  16. RasFW

If I could literally have a giant fist instead of a nose cannon and afterburner tanks designed SOLELY for punching other planes out of the sky, I would so do it.
  17. jjruh

Umm, from what I understand, which can be flawed so take this with a grain of salt, The dogfighting airframe helps with your turn rate "A" or "D" and your pitch rate nose up and down. Whereas the Hover airframe helps with your roll rate, your left and right mouse movements, airbrake "S", and your vertical thrust "Space".
    And in my experience I just find the roll and vertical thrust to be more important than the pitch an turning. But again, thats just me.
  18. ObsidianSoul

Ah. Agree completely. That's pretty much how I turn in dogfights really. Sideways or even upside down if needed. I only use A and D in minor corrections to heading when cruising or aiming.
  19. RasFW

Almost every turn I make in a dogfight is a reverse maneuver. Distances you from the enemy, makes you accelerate in an awkward direction for them to follow, and you're probably moving away at stationary them at a pretty decent speed while staring right at them.
  20. ObsidianSoul

Is that the one where you use afterburners? I've never even learned to do that. :p I'm doing fine without it though.