SCU Room Shields Adjustment

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Kalyper, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Nogrim313

your very right now they need to put in more gates, or more objectives to make use of the diffuser matter
    • Up x 2
  2. Nogrim313

um so how it should be?.....i think thats pretty much the definition of out numbered and out gunned
  3. Tormentos

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but the SCU shields now go down 1:10 before capturing. And even then the SCU takes one minute to blow up. That leaves you with ten seconds to run to the SCU and overload it if you want to get points for its destruction or wait until only 30 seconds are remaining and THEN overload it and stabilize it after the capture.

Otherwise there is NO point at all to attack the SCU now. Because if you blow it up and no one has a deployed Sunderer or is an engineer, the whole conquered base is worth nothing since every terminal will stop working.

So either we tweak the SCU time to overload down to a reasonable time, make it accessable earlier in the capture process or we agree on the simple fact that we shoot every idiot who's trying to go near that thing, making us more work as neccessary.
  4. Stew360

Some noobsfits wont be happy they wont be able to ghostcap and precapture the base when its not even defended lol
  5. BarxBaron

I miss spawn tubes from PS1.

It taught people to toss their K/D to the wind and RUSH FORWARD FOR GREAT GLORY AND MASS CARNAGE or to suck it up, spawn in, and shoot nmes in the EYE that are trying to kill your spawn point.

It was wonderful.
  6. Phantasma

I don't like this... As others have said, base assaults need to be more complex, not less. And while I understand the frustration of ghost capping, I think having smaller squads prep a base for assault without drawing massive attention is a legitimate tactic. Infiltrators will lose even more of their role from this change.

The upcoming lattice should already cut down on the stated problem, while rewarding prep squads. I don't think this needs to be, or should be added on top of it.
  7. Phantasma

To clarify, the intention behind this change seems good, but bases need additional objectives added to compensate (it would be nice if they had more anyway).
    • Up x 1
  8. KodiakBlack

This, I'm fully happy about the SCU no longer being something you can Ninja before the fight, killing a half hours fire fight for the rest of us is not a fair trade for Spec Ops getting their fix. Actions should be disruptive, not fatal, say give them nodes that can be hacked that disable Max spawning for X seconds/minutes further down the lattice, or doubles the resource cost, or something, with an alert of the hack appearing on the map for the whole faction and in the HUD for anyone in the affected lane, detailing the time to success for the hack.

Actions should affect and influence the fight, not decide it before its started. Its the same reason I hate landmines being able to instagib deployed sundys, a small number or even 1 player, being able to do something that utterly changes the game for everyone else.
  9. stormtrooper

It sounds like Planetside 2 is beginning to make a turn towards just about every other FPS. In other words - "Just go here and shoot people." I hope I'm mistaken and that's not actually what you guys are trying to accomplish. Because that would be a tragedy. If you want to do that, PLEASE just make another game and do it. Don't ruin Planetside 2.
    If the defending team isn't 'bright' enough to gather their remaining forces at a nearby base and counter-attack, then the battle should end quickly. If the attackers use more tactics and intelligence than the defenders, then the attackers should be rewarded - not made to sit around staring at the sky (which is actually amazing by the way) or a bunch of jerks behind a one-way shield for 6 minutes.

Hell, if your intention is to get more zerg and super-huge battles going on, just make a new continent. This new continent will be very small with 4 territories. One territory for each faction's warpgate, and one territory in the middle - maybe on high ground surrounded by valleys and only accessible by bridges (sound familiar? *cough*crown*cough*). So those who want to farm certs and just shoot at everything that moves with no intelligent or tactical gameplay - well they can go there. That will leave the other continents for those of us who play tactics and strategy - and enjoy the finer parts of Planetside 2. This game is SO MUCH MORE than just shooting people.

Of course, the 3 giant continents are often quite desolate as it is already, at least they can be on the Briggs server. Well, you could activate them based on server population. During off-peak hours only one continent is giving XP. (In addition to the little cert-farm continent I mentioned earlier). Just another thought.

Kill the spawnroom stalemate. It doesn't matter how, just do it.
    Force defenders to counter-attack from somewhere else (it certainly worked for the Germans ;).
    Or of course, they can amass at the next base and better prepare themselves for the coming slaughter.
    "But noooooo" you say. You want a couple hundred players standing around doing jack spit (lol), looking at each other from either side of a shield, waiting for an effing countdown. Boring much?

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm not making sense, or maybe my ideas are just plain ****. If so, then it's a good thing I posted this on an internet forum where it'll fit right in ;]
  10. iller

What the hell is going on with this? What's actually happening is completely different from Kalyper's descirption.

Yeah the SCU shields being controlled by HALF captured metric is great. But the SCU rooms are empty in a lot of bases. There's no SCU objective at all. It just automatically dies on its own at like 85% cap time which is totally pointless to the Offense b/c by then the only defenders still hanging around are the guys inside the Spawn room shooting out for Farm kills (and being res'd by their medics for Res Farm).

The Shields to the Spawnroom themselves should be what's going down at the 85% mark, or maybe even the 75% mark. Biolab fights are just lasting way too long now b/c of these massive inconsistencies between what we're being told -->and--> what would make the most sense, versus what we actually GOT.
  11. WiFiN

Well this is complete ********.

What problem did we have?
    People rush to the SCU and destroy it, before defenders can react.

What did you do?
    1. Just scraped this tactic COMPLETELY OUT OF THE GAME.
    2. Now, if defenders are completely outnumbered, the spawncamping contnues for those goddamn 12 minutes.
    3. There is completely no point to care about SCU as it holds no tactical value from now on.

What could be done?
    1. Make SCU room and shield gen more defensible
      • Add AI turrets covering the shield gen and SCU facility.
      • Add tunnels or bridges leading to the SCU room - some choke points for defenders to cover.
      • Add more cover to the SCU room itself. It's a goddamn empty warehouse with almost no cover.
    2. Increase SCU and SCU shield overloading time. People will actually spend time fighting there instead of camping the spawn.
    3. The effect of the SCU destruction can kick in a couple of minutes after the impact. This way defenteds will have time to react.
    See? it's not that hard. And it wasn't so game-breaking to remove it completely.
  12. Dervishkid

Major bases with the new SCU system are almost improbable to take. Take Bio labs. NC on Miller LOVE them even more. you can't drop a SCU to end the march of the HacMax, so they keep coming. Holding too 75% while the enemy can bring in more and more max armor, troops and attack the outside area makes taking a bio lab just beyond reasonable.

This is just not a NC vs who ever thing. the TR and VS can just as well Hold a Bio lab with equal regard..
    So we need a change. a way to End a Battle that not depended on time and zerg. so I bring up the ideal of the 3 stage spawn system  

1, a Generator like we had that provides a shield too a SCU. simple hack wait for it to blow.

2, SCU unit does not control the spawns just the shield that guard it. and the pain field. blow the SCU they drop.

3. with the SCU down and the spawn room open. Fight your way in and blow up the spawn tubes. ( aka PS1 style) this I think would still give the epic battles at major bases with out the crazy task of trying to hold a enemy force back off X amount of points for time.
  13. Gremmel

It says here this post was made in April. What the frak have the devs been doing since then? Are they all on a 3 month holiday? This needed to be added in the design doc and it's still not in. Might have saved a lot of money for SOE. I can't imagine how many people have quit because they didn't enjoy spawncamping EVERY SINGLE FRAKKING BASE.
  14. Nogrim313

completely redesigning Indar, esamir, and amerish so they could shoe horn in lattice, which sadly started when it was still a half baked idea, now since indar was done they decided they all need more walls and dome shields so we get to go back to redesigning indar all over again. all while hossin is shelved and they remove any of the strategic aspects that were already in the game.

i used to think they had an actual Game design laid out, i've since realized they are just making it up as they go for MLG
  15. elkikko92

SCU concept needs a new revamp!!!
    My idea:
    -Put 'A terminal' outside the big facility in a specific area. Link the vertical and horizzontal generators area to the respawn area with tunnels (in underground or not is the same) .
    -Put inside the facility the SCU
    -Make a shield around the "vertical and horizzontal generetors area": when the capture time is at 30% (?) these shields go down and you can destroy generators.
    After that you can get inside the facility and destroy SCU.

Phases to conquer a big facility:
    30% A terminal ---> now you can destroy V/H generators ---> now you can destroy SCU ;
    or 100% A terminal

Put in each outposts the SCU, and do the same but with only 1 generator.

With my idea we have not ghost cap and a better battle!
  16. Deathcapt

I still think there should be an SCU generator at every single base. It should be right next to the Spawn building, and it should be 'very easy' to defend. I should take 2 minutes to detonate after being hacked. It should remove the spawn shields / pain field. Additionally, it should increase ticket rate for the base by 2x.

Why? The argument is that this will remove people from sitting in the spawn room at a base which is already lost. If they can't leave the spawn room to capture and secure the SCU (which is right there), then there really isn't any chance that they could save the base. They may as well leave, and the base may as well flip quicker after that.

Additionally, dropping the spawn shields brings back the excitement of rushing the spawn full of those damned campers, instead of the chaos/friendly fire massacre, of the base flipping and pain fielding them to death.