SCU/Generators FX cause fps drops

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DaGrEatOne, May 30, 2020.

1. DaGrEatOne

Hallo there is a Problem with SCU/Generators FX they cause massive fps drops (and sometimes sorts of stutter) at least with my Hardware. I think this problem is related to AMD graphic cards, similar to the Facility capture FX (Bio Lab) that got fixed in the big Escalation Update from March 11.

The SCU by it self is causing lower fps which gets even worse when the SCU gets overloaded:

~170fps with the SCU/ ~110fps overloaded/ ~250fps destroyed (explosion no change)

Another good examples are Vehicle Shield Generators, where the additionally explosion cause hard fps drop for few seconds on top of the Generators FX it self:

~280fps intact Gen/ ~220fps overloaded/ ~330fps destroyed (explosion ~140fps)

Regular Generators like the Vertical and Horizontal Shield Generators don't produce that much of a fps drop beside the explosion:

~250fps intact Gen/ ~225fps overloaded/ ~250fps destroyed (explosion ~150fps)

Ryzen 3600X, VEGA56, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 latest updates & drivers.
    • Up x 5
  2. FriendlyHuman

• Up x 3
  3. DaGrEatOne

I found an other FX that cost a lot of FPS its caused by Capture Points:

These FX FPS drops are on Radeon Vega and Older AMD graphic cards. I don't know how the 5000 Serie behaves.
    • Up x 1