Biolab victory animation causing FPS drops

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alexander Chadwick, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Alexander Chadwick

Hi everyone!

I am used to 70-100FPS in the biggest biolab fights. However, when the biolab goes through it's victory animation (The coloured swirly particles above the dome which last for maybe around 10-20 minutes), I get no higher than 50FPS whenever the biolab is in my FOV.

I have no idea why that animation is tanking my FPS, but I am hoping that there is a simple graphical change that I might be able to make to change this.

Thanks for reading!
    • Up x 2
  2. FriendlyHuman

I suppose, you have AMD video card
  3. FunkFest

This needs attention pretty bad and really shouldn't be waiting on votes.
    We are talking like over 6 months, I don't recall the first mention of it being related to the biolab anim, but it has been quite some time.

Unfortunately most players don't frequent here anymore and are not aware of the bug reporting system in it's current form.
    • Up x 1
  4. DaGrEatOne

There are a lot of post on reddit about that topic it looks like its AMD graphic cards related
    I have WIndows 10 Ver.1903 [Build 18362.535]
    Useing a Ryzen 3600x on a msi 570x board with the latest bios updates & chipset drivers.
    G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3600, CL16-16-16-36
    My GPU is a AREZ Strix Radeon RX VEGA56 OC running on Adrenalin 19.12.1 drivers (It was also broke with older drivers)
    it doesn't matter what ingame settings I use.

There is a Video from Oottzz posted on reddit its made outsdie with Particles :
    https://streamable.com/fd52w

There is also a Video made by me from inside wondering what happend to me without Particles:

There is a way to get around that bug by porting out to lets say the warpgate and porting back to the Biolab.

feel free to contact me anytime if you need any further informations

I even think that Jetpacks cause to an FPS drop with AMD Cards.
  5. DaGrEatOne

Well first I tought its a bug which only occurs after capturing Bio lab's. But after a while I noticed few things its not only a Bio lab bug its caused by particles from different sources. Here are few additional examples:

• Up x 1