SCU any point anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by theholeyone, May 23, 2013.

1. theholeyone

While I love the lattice for bringing logic to the battleflow. I think the SCU changes are contrary to those improvements.

Now I'm not 100% on these figures, but the SCU sheild goes down at 75%, and then the SCU is overloaded and goes down some time after that, leaving aorund 1 minute out of a 10minute biolab cap with no spawning for the enemy. What is the point? If your forces have just held them off for 9 minutes, I hardly see a last minute disabling of the SCU as useful.

Now why this is contrary to the new improvements. The improvements encourage tactical map awareness, making facilities easier to mount a late defense means you don't have to be as map aware.

All of this points to the larger spawning issue I just don't think has been done quite right yet. Its often, we've won this fight, now we have to wait 5minutes just in case enemy spawn here, and watch them bounce through their sheilds taking pot shots at us with the hope they stay out long enough to get killed.

What I'd like to see is one way sheilds that cannot be shot through (loadout terms on the outside as well as inside), and an SCU on every base which become available for overload when all points are under the attackers control.
    Or just shorter cap times.

Either way, the point is to allow enemies to really speed through undefended battle lanes. But without allowing them to speed through lanes with only a moderate defense.
  2. Kastrenzo

I think all these changes were a gross overreaction to the complaints of ghost capping.

But something needs to be done about it.
  3. theholeyone

Also, cut off territory should experince attrition which flips its points, thus requireing players to garrison cut off territories. And allowing faction to not worry about having to cap lanes they have jumped ahead of.
  4. PhantomOfKrankor

I agree, but several recent changes like removing numbers on a cap point and removing influence were moves in the wrong direction if they wanted to reduce ghost capping. They were removed because of bandwagon whine threads but only made ghost capping easier to do and harder to defend against.

If anything, the old cap point and influence systems should have been made stronger. Keep more people on points if they really want to cap something. I'm talking 10/12 on a point, not 3/3 . Also, no people on cap = no progress. If you leave a progressing cap point for 2 minutes and have low surrounding influence then it begins to revert back. Strengthening influence rules with the Hex system could have gone a long way to fixing the 'lack of a battlefront' complaints, reducing the ability to just make a run on capping bases in a line north or whatever. Make it harder and longer to cap unless you can maintain another cap next door. Having a squad each on cap points at adjacent Hexes could cap faster than two squads hitting one Hex in a direct, shortest line down an undefended route, for example.

Instead of testing options to improve Hex, which did have its flaws, they just decided to scrap everything and go with the nostalgia fix. Too bad.