Scheduled Maintenance April 16th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slider2k

SOE doesn't want us to play/enjoy PS2. Oh well, time too look for other games... Not that Zergside 2 XP farm simulator is particularly fun anyway.
  2. Librux

SoE im sorry to say this might be a killing blow to this game. Sure u want us to help you out but not in live keep it one the test server until it is ready please SoE dont kill this game u have players willing to play and help support with SC and testing on the test server. This update was rushed please slow down take your time people can wait for this 64 bit client. Just give us stuff like hossin and the other stuff in the roadmap that is late. Put the 64 bit client into unscheduled please before this gaem shuts down for good.
    • Up x 1
  3. Redshirt Number 34

when does the fix come?
    • Up x 1
  4. Elkybam

Apparently some people had already known this when they found out SOE was in charge... :eek:
  5. Elkybam

PlanetSide 2 will probably be the first MMOFPS with a constant raging war, but will probably be the last of that category. Future FPS games will reflect on the disappointing failures of this game and avoid taking the same path.
  6. Adelric

After patch the game would just do nothing after I hit the play button; watching the task manager the process PlanetSide2_x64.exe would be running along with PlanetSide2.exe *32. After a few minutes the launcher would close but both processes would remain, then after a few minutes more both the processes would end. Last night I decides to wipe my computer; I installed PS2 and while doing that I also installed Landmark and both installed directx. After install I could play Landmark without a problem but PS2 would give me the Application error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" I installed EQ2 and played that a bit then went to bed.
    This morning the launcher patched but I got the same Application error, I then re-installed directx from Microsoft and now I am back to the event at the start of my post, still not able to play.
    My wife and I are all access customers and have been for many years, since the shutdown of Vanguard and many other games I am now down to PS2 and EQ2, (sorry since EQ2 I can't get past EQ1 graphics) since Landmark is not yet on All Access; to cut to the chase, fix it or you lose 2 more customers.
  7. Aerensiniac

The hell do you mean by "finally"?
    Just a year back they managed to lose 80% of their player-base because the game they launched was completely and utterly unplayable with a graphical engine so badly written and unoptimized that it would require 20 more years of developing computer technology to be able to run it on max settings.

All this kindergarten of developers ever does is losing customers because they are too mentally deranged to test their patches before implementing them. Either that or they just do it out of spite.
    • Up x 2
  8. Geist817

this is beyond pathetic, i cannot belive there is not one single dev post after this many hours. You need all your games to be free to play because they are so bug filled and horrible!
  9. Librux

Really sad REALLY REALLY SAD Not a single dev has respond to these probs or given us an update or anything make me wonder if they do care
  10. Librux

WAIT i just thought of something if they want us to play with this terrible update lets do the opposite lets just leave the game til its fixed i mean why try to play a broken game
    • Up x 1
  11. Predator01cz

So yeah... if I could play for more than 3 consecutive minutes without freezing/crashing, that would be great
    • Up x 1
  12. PastalavistaBB

Congratulations SOE, you made me Ragequit this game. Tell us after you really fixed it, so we won't waste our time and money on it anymore.
    • Up x 1
  13. Librux

SOE can u please give us a choice to use the 32 bit client or the 64 bit client cos i would love to use the 32 bit clien ton my 64 bit client comp then the unstable 64 bit client
  14. dogzila

monday = everithing's fine (joking)
    Update = crash!
    Hot fix = crash, crash, crash!
    what's next?

so professional!
    :eek:
    • Up x 1
  15. dogzila

+ you do this every week...
    this is becomming far too insane now.

get a job you can handle with please!
  16. Princess Celestia

The NC were OP for a hella long time from my POV, all beginning of last year.
    Never seen VS have a run, though I hear they came close with the MAX ability; missed it.
    At least on connery theyre no longer stuck with the 15% constant pop.
    The TR have just been getting a mixture of superior buffs and ignored glitches for the longest time.
  17. Athe1st

It's Easter weekend. No one is responding because there is no one at work to fix stuff. It's sad really..
    Or maybe they break the game so they get 2x1/2 working the holiday.
  18. FBVanu

Just got the install from today.. after deleting files, cleaning up, validating etc..

game worked, but I got this Microsoft Firewall pop up.. never had that one with PS2

somehow I can't paste it in here..
    it says:

Windows Firewall has blocked some features of PlanetSide2_86 on all public and private networks..
    Publisher: Unknown

I allowed it access to my private network..

is this thing important ??
  19. Octiceps

No just let it through the Firewall on the popup. It's the default action any time Windows detects you running a new networked application such as the new PlanetSide 2 exe's.
  20. PresidentFreeman

Surprising they haven't put out some kind of announcement, looks like they just put out the crashfix, wacked on double-xp and went on holidays over easter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.