Scheduled Maintenance April 16th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mormomboy

Understandable, though if spin up time is increased by much, I would think it show in the timing a bit more.
    If it increases rate of fire and decreases spin up time then a .25 second decrease in time to empty magazine means it effects it very little, though that is a good point, it makes that a little faster. Not sure exactly how much.
  2. BobSanders123

Dear Devs,

I'm sorry, but I'm done. This game has kept getting worse with people expecting a change. It's come to the point that the people who have stayed all this time are getting fed up. The lack of content. Weapons that look exactly the same doesn't count as content. I've seen the pre-viz work on deviantart and I thought those would have made the game a whole lot better if they actually were implemented like shown. The art direction in this game took a horrible dive when everything was just being copied and pasted everywhere without any thought at all. The fact that helmets and camos are being more quickly produced than actual gameplay mechanics is just utterly sad. I think some of the community could probably create better weapon models than the ones currently in the game. I may not be a big impact on you guys by leaving and quitting, but when everyone finally gives up and loses hope like me, the ones who stuck in there till the end, it will have an impact.
    • Up x 1
  3. NCDaniel

Update 1, break 2000.
  4. sebo

uhm didn't i read a week ago a post saying how they would stop releasing broken patches,etc and be more careful?

is any of this tested? i mean i thought there was a test server? i crash constantly, even when using terminals or switching continents it freezes. sorry, i normally do not wish any one lose their job, but Higby or who ever is in charged needs a pink slip, and bring in some more experienced programmers that spend a bit more time in testing. i think the CEO or whoever runs this crew is oblivious to what is going on..

i understand the "scale" of this game, but it only takes entering the warpgate and using a terminal to find how bad things are, as in things that should be obvious to spot that are broke, yet get passed "testing" without being noticed ?
    • Up x 1
  5. dogzila

Hi All,

I’m Ryan “Raxxyl” Wells, producer of PlanetSide 2. If you’ve watched the O:MFG series, you may have seen me a few times or heard me behind the camera during some of the late night antics around here. You also may have seen miscellaneous patch notes, forum posts, Reddit responses, etc. Anyhow, I’m here to briefly talk about one of our top community topics: Weekly Updates.

The short of it is that it’s a good concept that wasn’t always executed well. Our intention was to bring you something interesting and benefit the game each week, but it hasn’t been consistent and we’re going to make changes to fix that.

Most of you have probably noticed or heard that we didn’t put out a game update this week. That’s step one in doing this better: holding the update until it is ready. We sometimes take risks late in the development cycle trying to get a change up to Live to help improve the game. Most times, that works out, but once in a while, it doesn’t. It’s on us to decide if the update is ready or if that change can wait.

Next, we are going to do more concentrated updates, which will allow us to focus more time on getting them right. Sounds simple, I know, but it’s not always easy holding so many people back from trying to make the game better each day. This team loves the game and wants nothing more than to make it exceptional.

And of course, we are going to do more and better testing, which you can help with. PlanetSide 2 is a game of massive scale and it’s not easy to properly test everything without significant population. If you’ve got the time, drop by on our Public Test Server and help us test. Check out our Test Server patch notes, jump on and send us bugs via the in-game tool. Or check for scheduled play tests, which will happen more frequently now, and play with us. As we’ve mentioned before, each of the bugs submitted in-game are emailed directly to every one of our developers and QA folks where we review them and work on them as possible. It’s not as simple as fixing every single bug exactly when we get it, but we’re working on allocating more time to reviewing and bug fixing while we’re on Test Server. (Expect more info on this later, but we’re also working on a small reward program for folks that help us on Test Server.)

If you don’t have the time or interest in helping us test, that’s okay, we’d ask just one thing: support the game. If this game is as important to you as it is to us, support it in any way that you can. Tell your friends, bring them back, stream a play session, upgrade now, write a bug report, give RadarX a break, make a PS2 video, upgrade now, tweet @mhigby, show a newbie how to play, post on the forums, send us beer, etc. Have you upgraded yet?! All joking aside, we really can’t do this without you.

Thanks for your time and for sticking with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and dedication to PlanetSide 2 and I personally look forward to being with you all for years to come.

-Ryan "Raxxyl" Wells

Holding the update until it is ready
    that wasn’t always executed well

6. Flakie22

What if i bought 2 levels of turbo for my harraser, will i get my 350 certs back? or was that just a waste of certs?
  7. Talthos

I just got back from testing it on my HA, and it is DEFINITELY noticeable. Also, extended magazine increases reload time by a good chunk, so in the end, the spin up speed increase, decreased reload time and increased rate of fire balance each other out in the end. Been LOVING it so far, >:D
  8. Talthos

The levels you had will be transferred over to the passive upgrade to turbo they now have live. It's no longer required to actually HAVE turbo, but it still increases turbo recharge speed and capacity I believe.
  9. PresidentFreeman

That's a start.
  10. DeadliestMoon

And players being less toxic towards them is a start as well.
  11. Octiceps

"Watch out, we got a badass SOE apologist over here!"
  12. Gamingroach

So I have a 64 bit system and the game still runs 32 bit...Is there a way I can force it to run x64 mode?
  13. PresidentFreeman

It honestly doesn't matter what reception I give them, I'm a single person on a message board. I've given them the benefit of the doubt before and they've made the same mistakes. Just as I have given them criticism and compliments as fitting in the past.

There are plenty of genuinely 'toxic' posts directed at the devs around at the moment, many less polite than my quick jab.

If they fix this then I'll glady give them praise, but until then you can count me in the 'cautiously pessimistic' group.
  14. Aelyn

Gee, I can't remember when SOE last did something right with this game... Now my client freezes and has to be shut down everytime I try to warp to another continent...

Sigh...
  15. Yosarian

The 64 bit client is a lie! LOL omg today alone, I tried to warp to Amerish, crash to desktop, I pulled a lib, crash to desktop, I ate a cookie, crash to desktop....*sigh* enjoy your weekend off!
  16. Necromantia

I had to totally delete Planetside 2, including registry entries, re-install clean. The crash issue has now abated. I was able to play for more than 45 minutes. Friends that did the same are reporting similar results. The last clean install I did was PU01
  17. Mormomboy

Extended mag may up reload but since not enough to make it double reload time of other which still means more bullets over same amount of time.

I believe I figured out the difference. The ramp up time is the only difference, it does not increase rate of fire, only how quickly you get to the point at which you are firing at max fire rate.

So far as I can tell the .25 second difference is just from the ramp up time.

So yes, if you need to react faster, go with the new attachment. If your job is to come in guns blazing go with 200 round magazine.
  18. Mormomboy

Try staying off Amerish, that is where most people are having that problem.
    • Up x 1
  19. Aelyn

Wow. The game seems to be an absolute lagfest today. Or is it Cobalt exclusive, should I feel lucky?

Usually I get around 50-60 ms ping, which actually think is quite high still. In games like Battlefield 4, I can find American servers where I get 80-100, so I shouldn't get 60 on a European server with ~100 mb/s down and ~30 up. Today I get between 200-350 in PS2... while everything else works just fine (so the problem is not on my end).

Out of ten people I revive, only one actually registers, I can't heal people, I can't heal myself, I can just barely get kills, enemies that were just on spot X all of a sudden teleport to spot Y, 15 meters away, in the blink of an eye. What is going on? I mean, besides SOE having no idea what they're doing (that goes without saying)...
    • Up x 1
  20. Vanguard 2

I agree deeply
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.