SC unlocks not account-based?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by disky00, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Scorponok

about that..i asked a dev about this (purrfectstorm) a week or so after this info was out and she explained that this means that items you buy with a NC charater will then be account wide for a other NC charater on a different server if you wish...sabre and the NS-11 A is probly the only guns that will be account wide for any faction.
  2. DailyFrankPeter

Because it's the account owner earning the actual money and not each character?
  3. disky00

Right, of course. It wouldn't make sense to unlock the weapons of one faction for the other factions. Anything that is faction-neutral is opened for every character you create, no matter the server, and anything that's faction-specific is exclusive to that faction, but still available across characters and servers.

To be honest, I'm impressed that they unlocked faction-neutral items for all factions. They could have kept them faction-specific and I would still have been okay with it, but I guess there are people out there who haven't been loyal to a faction for years like I have, so it makes sense to let them figure out what they really want to play.
  4. DailyFrankPeter

What's kind of argument is this: "if other MMOs don't give value for money, it's ok for this one not to either"?
  5. Piepants

What I want to know is if this includes common pool vehicle weapons. I still haven't decided on a faction, but I'd probably spend a few dollars on some gal/lib/lightning improvements if I knew they were account wide.
  6. MNO

I would assume it would be common pool vehicles, rocket pods/a2am too. As while they don't have the same name, they are direct equivalents of eachother. Weapon wise there aren't any direct equivalents between each factions guns.
  7. Scorponok

well that leaves them like 2 weapons or so that will be account bound for all factions ^^ not counting alpha pack since that is account bound already.They have to do it like that or else it will be a empire jumpers paradise...and that wouldnt help the game at all.
  8. disky00

Don't assume that. If they have a different name, they are different weapons and will be treated as such.
  9. MNO

Doubt it.

Each faction has one A2AM. Each faction has 1 rocket pods. Each faction has dozens of guns, none of which are direct twins/triplets of eachother across factions.

Common pool vehicles are guaranteed though.
  10. Tarrick

You haven't played many MMOs.
  11. Scorponok

on infantry weapons for sure it will be locked to the faction you buy it on..and rocket pods are slightly different..TR gets 16 VS 14 and NC 12 ^^ and VS fires only 2 at the time.
  12. MNO

Yea thats exactly what I just say?

Yea, but they're still eachothers equivalent. Theres one rocket pod for each faction. It's not like theres a tonne to choose from like inf weapons, hence my point.
  13. Hodo

I would love to have the option to just have the certs back for some of the things I bought with SC on other toons on the account.
  14. DailyFrankPeter

Empire-bound, then?

Just as long as a person doesn't have to buy their exactly the same content more than once, 'cause that seems the most unfair to me.
  15. Stalgren

So if they are making the purchases account bound and retroactive, what happens if you bought a weapon twice for two different characters?
  16. -lOldboyl-

You lose the SC cash, so don't do it because they won't refund you. I myself have loads of camo, composite armour etc on another character. I changed server because it sucked and most people I knew went to another server.

Basically I'm not buying anything else until they make my purchases account wide because I'd be wasting money.
  17. Scorponok

if you buy a NC gun you can then get that Gun on a other NC charater on a different server..and No thats not unfair at all...otherwise its Pay 2 win consept really fast...just grind Certs instead if its a issue..only fair to all.