Says the Chez: GU07 Weapon Tuning

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JGood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. llPendragon

Let's just take away all NC guns and give them a little upgrade to the MAX punch...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. EvilKoala

I'm confused.. how exactly does this make battle rifles more capable at range?

[IMG]
  3. Sian

The Eidolon used to drop to 167@125m. You're going to be doing the bulk of your work at minimum damage with a battle rifle. The main BR buffs are that the recoil is about half of what it was, and you get reduced COF bloom too, so you can get those follow-up shots downrange quicker.. not to mention the ability to cert High Vel.
  4. EvilKoala

I hadn't even considered that.. So now the Vanu have a long range battle rifle with no bullet drop with no down sides. Everyone else just gets a damage nerf in exchange for more spam.
    • Up x 2
  5. MaelstromSOB

nods mate....me as well....but when the devs both nerf us....and buff them...it gets old fast...im jioning the fourth faction now...and not spending another cent till they actually prove they have 1 clue to use between the lot of them.

they have abandoned the faction identities for wow like mass appeal money grab style content delivery.............and introduce far more bugs then they even bother to fix.

ill play the free game,but i will no longer support financially this shortsighted dev group.let them lay in the bed theyve made
    • Up x 1
  6. llPendragon

Ditto. Maybe I'll find a reason to keep playing.

This is 99% of my problem with SOE. They've created a multi-year plan to introduce as many opportunities to make $ as possible, taking huge amounts of time to plan this in order to maximize profits. Then they make a calendar based on this plan without knowing what they'll deliver or how. Add that to a dev dept that has a high bug rate, not delivering the code to QA early enough, having long turn-around time on bugs in production, inefficiencies of the graphics (tech debt), problems with 3rd party audio, etc, etc, etc and you've got a prime example of how not to deliver software. Most software companies figured this stuff out years ago, but not SOE. Nooope. Not SOE.
    • Up x 1
  7. SgtScum

As predicted my fully certed massively buffed Eiodolon with its new hv ammo is killing left and right.

Full strafe in the face of a hill of snipers is no sweat with no bullet drop or scope waggle and no excessive damage degradation at range.

Can you say double tap to the head kids over and over and over and over? :D
  8. Czuuk

Confirming. It is a thing. And it just happened.

Thank you.
  9. Kize

At least I still have decent games like Shogun 2 and Starcraft 2. Anyone needs a gaming partner until this fix this nonsense (I mean IF they fix it, fairly decent chance they wont) let me know! Or go get 50 of your 12 year old friends and spam forms for change until they make NC useful (not that it ever has been... but it is just less-useful) now.
    • Up x 1
  10. Wildclaw

lol
    • Up x 1
  11. Inu

Did scout rifle buff make it in the GU07?
  12. llPendragon

I stopped playing as much Planetside 2, and logged back into my old games(Black Ops II, Skyrim, Battlefied 3). Guess what? My characters didn't suck! They were just as good as when I left them! HOLY F-ING $HIT SNACKS!!!!!
  13. SgtScum

Two of those games take about as much skill to play as opening a can of soup and the other is a casual single player rpg.

Way to make your point. :p
  14. llPendragon

Skill level and game type have nothing to do with planning, developing, or deploying game balance changes.
  15. Cpu46

I have to say that I love the way scout rifles have been tuned. My SOAS-20 has become a beautiful weapon capable of downing foes at mid range with ease. The buffs to my AMR-66 are equally appreciated. My heavy will no longer be resigned to close to mid ranges!
  16. SgtScum

Which the devs seem to be doing quite well.

The problem it seems is that static games like the ones you listed don't change so what it ships with is what you get forever whilst this is a still evolving game and it's messing up peoples OCD.

What worked one way last patch might take a different tactic etc.

I think a term from eve might apply here to great effect.

Adapt or Die. :)
  17. Ranik

After having used the TR BR AMR-66. I think the changes made were useless. The BR needs to become more like a long range burst fire AR rather than a spammy very low damage sniper rifle.
  18. llPendragon

All three developed and released more after the game was first sold than was included in the original release. Skyrim even developed and release mod tools, which the community then used to develop and release additional content.

I understand that you love everything about Planetside 2 and pride yourself on being able to take any game changes in stride. However, you're seem to be attacking a post that wasn't directed at you on the basis that I suck and you rule. Feel free to continue, but it seems irrelevant from my end.
  19. COMMANDER K33N

So, is the NC Warden Battle Rifle worth getting now? I have the certs, I'm just curious to see how good it is. It seemed alright when I tried it in the VR, but it's not an accurate testing area at all.
  20. MGAMIKA

Well the NC max falcons got NERFED against infantry to the point that even 2 direct hits won't kill (have tested on 20+ targets and of all classes outside VR room) while yes the lack of drop and velocity buff was nice. WE NEED A LONG RANGE AI WEAPON (at this point in time I am just going to get thumpers so I can hit long range targets).

Buffing and nerfing on the pop distribution needs to stop.