Says the Chez: GU07 Weapon Tuning

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JGood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MasterTater

Bullet drop does not exist in 90% of infantry Firefight + there are tons of VS weapons which actually HAVE bulletdrop

=>

TR got highest RoF and Biggest Magazines
    NC got largest dmg advantage of 30% on every weapon equivalent to other factions

=> The no-bulletdrop is only relevant on ultra long range battles and there the RECOIL, which Vs got as any other faction is the real problem. + Even if VS hit on longrange despite recoil, then VS had the problem that energy weapons have the largest dmg drop off on long range by far => even if VS hit longrange, they did almost no dmg.

So removing the massive energy weapon dmg drop off and lining it up with the other factions is no problem.
  2. LonelyTerran

Correction
    TR have largest Mags
    • Up x 2
  3. CaptAmazing

I think the last part is the most important part. Thats why new/unexperienced players hate the SAW and love the Carv and experienced players love the SAW and hate the CARV.

TR weapons in general have higher horizontal recoil than VS/NC - the LMGs are no exception. So the CARV has one of the highest horiz. recoil which is symmetrical and therefor can't be compensated - and it has no access to a adv. foregrip./compensator.

But it has a high ROF which can get you kills in close range (good for new players). But at 50+ meters it stutters left and right like crazy - even with burstfiring.

The SAW has low horiz. recoil and adv. foregrip/compensator. The lower ROF makes misses more punishing for the user in CQC, but the low ROF actuall helps staying on target at med./long range and of course it got the highest damage of all LMGs.

All in all I think the CARV the better choice for new players and the SAW for players who put some certs into it.
    • Up x 3
  4. PartNinja

VS damage per bullet and velocity is still on the lower end. Also remember, that there will still be damage fall off, it will just be the same as TR/NC.

This change really won't matter a whole lot since most fighting is done at ranges with most weapons were bullet drop wouldn't even come in to play. You also have to consider the accuracy at the extreme distances you're worried about would be a bigger issue than the damage fall off. Moving targets will still be a total pain to kill. If you do get killed at those extreme ranges, it's your fault for standing still or going AFK in the middle of a war.
  5. Reventine

Is this update also going to have the infantry weapons balance pass that I heard through the grapevine was coming soon ?.
  6. {joer

:rolleyes:
  7. Papio

Shotgun maxs should never have happened in the first place, if all the factions had different but comparable mid range suppression max's all this ******** and moaning ..... .... would be about something else :confused:
    • Up x 1
  8. TeknoBug

Good on the grenade part, I have extremely bad luck with grenades, I TK more friendlies than kill enemies when I throw one because it ends up bouncing back at us or towards other friendlies even when I toss it in the direction of enemies.
  9. Badname3073

Helloooooo

So when are you going to correct the bug with T5 AMC and make it 167 damage?
  10. SgtScum

Holy hell in a handbasket. My Eidolon is going to be so OP it isn't funny.

Glad I have it fully certed before it gets renerfed after the coming carnage with all the snipers crying a river of tears because a strafing engie keeps headshotting them over and over and over. [IMG]
  11. MrIDoK

I don't think so, that weapon is designed around 143 damage (low-ish recoil, average rof...). The only thing that it could really use is less damage dropoff: instead of going to 112 damage it should go to 125 (and the Razor, NC's T5 AMC, should go to 143 instead of 125), so that its niche is low dps that remain consistent at midrange.
  12. NovaAustralis

Agreed (I think, if this is what you're saying).

Let say you need 100 points of damage to kill your enemy.

Gun A has 5 rounds in the magazine that do 20 damage each. (100 total)
    Gun B has 20 rounds in the magazine that do 5 damage each. (100 total)

(They have the same effective range and empty their magazines in the same time.)

Now, both weapons can deliver 100 damage, but in different ways.
    (Seem familiar?)

If you miss 1 shot with gun A, you miss doing 20 damage.
    If you miss 1 shot with gun B, you miss doing 5 damage.

In fact, the player using gun B can miss 4 shots before being as bad off as the player who misses 1 shot with gun A.

Therefore, high RoF / low damage weapons are still preferable to low RoF / high damage weapons.

This is why the flinch mechanic hurt NC so much.

Sure, their guns hit like a roundhouse kick to the face, but if they missed all but a few shots (cos their aim was all over due to flinching), that high damage meant very little in affecting their opponent's continued existence on Auraxis.

Meanwhile the high RoF / low damage weapons would routinely land most of their shots,
    so they would still land more damage in total than the low RoF / high damage weapons.
  13. FriedPotato

That revolver looks mad! Me gusta.:)
  14. MaelstromSOB

well this is complete crap..............nc maxes get there balls removed................tr.vs get better weapons?

give the nc a range accuracy buff then as it is if its more then 15 meters we get shredded.................and stop lookin a t metrics and start tryin your own weapons.

btw giving the most accurate faction damage at range increase after you have downgraded an entire faction with a damage reduction to all shotguns is not a great idea..............really tired of all the lies.......and whiners .

but if thats what it takes to get a devs head removed from the tr/vs cavity...............so be it
  15. LibertyRevolution

I am so glad I switched from NC to VS.
    Poor NC maxes, your about to get pwned, lol.

Sounds to me like GU07 is open season on the NC. :cool:
  16. SinerAthin

The VS are already underperforming in the long range infantry department.

Playing both NC and Vanu, I would pick my SAW over any Vanu LMG anyday.

Fighting VS infantry(minus Infiltrators) from far away pose literally no risk at all when you are NC. Even after this buff, their bullets still won't be a major issue.

After all, long range engagements still favor heavier bullets over smaller, lighter ones, because your goal is not to burst someone down from 100% with accurate fire, but to kill off the wounded by covering them with fire.
    • Up x 1
  17. DashRendar

This is the wrong way to handle this, please reconsider. You normalize Vanu, and then what? Give NC TR mag sizes? Instead of throwing out one of Vanus traits, give TR and NC more bullet drop so that range killing is more skillful. There was more bullet drop in Beta, and Vanu had plenty of players in Beta. Bullet drop isn't really even a consideration even at range for TR/NC, and it should be. Give standard/soft point ammo more bullet drop, and make HVA drop like standard ammo does now. Much more flavorful game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tilen

Would be nice to hear some reasoning behind this buff to the VS and TR underperforming AI weapons while leaving the NC MAX AI weapons intact.
  19. Kize

Look I don't mean to sound negative but it's time to get real (The Dr. Phil way)

1.) NC maxes are damn near everything but good now and was barely acceptable pre-GU06.
    a.) Range above 15 meters is almost 100% unhittable (unacceptable)
    b.) All we have are shotguns that can't shoot above 10 meters (also unacceptable)
    c.) Sub-5 meters in a 1 on 1 other maxes can actually get us down below 50% (meaning we are worthless 15+ and damn near identical sub 10 (very very unacceptable with your current model)
    d.) If you are sub-15 meters you are close enough to 2 shot a max with max flak armor. (C4 or rocket launcher or tank mine or anything other than sitting on their lap)
    e.) No decent player right now or even before the patch feared an NC max only those sub-20 kids who run into one and have no clue spam the forums.
    f.) You have got to, and I mean got to throw us a bone if all you do is nerf our pile of crap continually and buff others. Got gods sake the TR had 1+ month uncontested farming with the prowler and the Vanu had 2+ months unctonested farming with the magrider, where is our turn? Make at least our max somewhat reasonable. It's time to get real for once.

2.) You are buffing maxes already better than the NC max. (Aside from the WTF are you thinking comment...what are you thinking?)
    a.) Duel mercies is hands down the best duel max weapon in the game in CQB or mid or long range.
    b.) You really should nerf the mercies and buff the other weapons so they are equal not just buff across the board.
    c.) Vanu max may need some tweaking but past 15 meters they already obliterate (even with current weapons) NC maxes. You can find tons and tons of videos on this.

3.) Anti-vehicle stuff in the game is at an unheard of level.
    a.) Million missile launchers, each of which can potentially 3 shot any tank in the game
    b.) Ace turrets can be shot outside of render distance on top of mountains at tanks with no penalty (and often tank drivers cant see them or know where the unrendered missiles are coming from)
    c.) Air has been nerfed to high hell but planes and basically shoot 4 missiles and kill a tank easily
    d.) Mines can easily 2-3 shot a tank even with max mine guard
    e.) Tanks already can't go into any kinda crowded area because of C4
    f.) Cloaked wraiths can easily fury down a tank from behind and sneak away undetected
    g.) You are adding MORE anti-vehicle weapons to the game? How does any of this make sense to you?
    h.) Just throwing this out there but the Vanguard shield already barely absorbs 1 shot, yet alone the 10 million it can't escape from all the stuff that can kill vehicles. It needs to have triple the damage to make it even half the effectiveness of deploy or magburner. But realistically all 3 are worthless with how fast vehicles die now, it may as well be free experience.
    i.) Last thing, everyone has been posting forever now about how vehicles are free experience... and they are.

4.) Vanu weapons are just ridiculous already
    a.) If I read your post right Vanu will have 0 bullet drop AND have the same damage at range as the other 2? Please pass whatever you are smoking because it has got to be some good stuff. You realize there are people who have been making hacks for decades now for FPS games for 0 bullet drop and 0 recoil for same damage at range weapons? You are essentially giving them free hacks, why do they even need to download them? Hell everyone join Vanu for free hacks provided by SOE.

Pull your head out of your behinds people, this whole thing is a giant bucket of unacceptable. Troll if you want but this is just another step away from enjoyable gameplay.
    • Up x 7
  20. Drakcol

Nerd-rage from favored-factions is what fuels Vanu technology, keep it coming.