Saw this on /r/Planetside...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, May 12, 2014.

1. MostlyClueless

I'd love to see that too! But only because I'm TR and will drink delicious VS tears when one of the few genuinely good guns they have gets turned into a worse version of the MSW-R.

Also the Pulsar C is a fantastic long range carbine and head popping machine and I love it to bits. How anyone can hate it is beyond me.
  2. Aegie

VS have always led in LMGs and very often are in second place in other categories in terms of performance.

Data or it didn't happen.
  3. Posse

Use the SVA-88, duh (and you still keep the .75 ADS)
  4. -MJ12-

Forumside in a nutshell on VS infantry weapons:

LMGs
    OP, because Orion/SVA-88 have .75 ADS speed and that is the only stat that matters.

Carbines
    TR: Vanu has a 845 ROF /143 dmg weapon and we don't, even if high ROF is our faction trait. Vanu = OP
    NC: Vanu has the same 845 ROF /143 dmg weapon as we have, but we declare that the serpent is better and therefore OP.

Assault Rifles
    General Consensus that VS has nothing special here.

Sniper Rifles
    General Consensus that all factions have the same here.
    The rumor, that VS rifles have no bullet drop at all, exists since beta.

MAX
    Blueshifts are considered OP because of their range.
    NC envies TR and VS equally.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hasteras

Every time I play a VS char I can't bring myself to stop playing heavy because the Orion is just too good.
    • Up x 1
  6. Posse

Or for short

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  7. Chris Bingley

If you pick (or get) HA from the class quiz then you start with both the Orion and Pulsar LSW anyways, so making the swap wouldn't really change anything for somebody who wants to focus on playing HA. Also, the Pulsar LSW is only 100 cert if you want to main something else, but would like a better LMG for when you want/have to play HA.
    • Up x 1
  8. Unclematos7

Orion - like MSW-R or Anchor, but worse-Two words: Forward grip. That thing's recoil is so good that it survived the .75 nerf mostly intact
    HV-45 - like TAR/TRV but worse-Same as the GR-22.
    Serpent - like Lynx, but worse-Wrong gun to compare it to. The GD-7F does have better recoil though.
    Pulsar C - like Merc, but worse-Again wrong gun. NC have no equivalent.
    Flare - like EM6, but worse-Wrong gun again. Although yeah, SAW S is better than flare and TMG-50.
  9. Plunutsud pls

Phaseshift - no bullet drop headshots out to 300m, bottomless magazine, infinite ammo pool.