Saw this on /r/Planetside...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, May 12, 2014.

1. HerpTheDerp

Short version:
    Orion - like MSW-R or Anchor, but worse
    HV-45 - like TAR/TRV but worse
    Serpent - like Lynx, but worse
    Pulsar C - like Merc, but worse
    Flare - like EM6, but worse

And so on.

Can YOU think of a genuinely good VS weapon that stands up to competition? Pulsar maybe?
  2. D3GGEY

I really like my Thanatos...
    and the PPA dumps all over the other ES anti-infantry tank secondaries, flushes them, and goes off to eat a nice meal with friends while they twitch in the sewers.
    • Up x 3
  3. Blippy

Which means that instead of buffing the Marauder and Canister to viable levels, they're going to nerf the PPA into uselessness instead.

Also personally I think the Orion has the edge simply because it's free.
  4. D3GGEY

I REALLY like my TR guy's CARV. I think it's the best starter LMG, but that's because my aim is horrible and the extra rounds help.

And yes, infantry are not allowed to die or they might get upset and give Mommy's credit card back.
  5. yeHHH1g

If you think the Orion isn't the best LMG in the game.... you clearly haven't used it
    • Up x 14
  6. HerpTheDerp

We've been over this before. Orion was the best LMG in the game. Then the LMG "rebalance" happened and it wasn't as much hit with the nerf bat, it was beaten into unconsciousness and left with brain damage in a back alley.
    • Up x 1
  7. Thardus

Lasher does infinitely more damage than any other primary to enemies hiding around corners. :p
    • Up x 5
  8. IamDH

Serpent > Lynx if you can aim. I own both and im a huge fan of the Lynx but i think if i was any good at aiming the serpent would be way better

I also disagree about the Orion, never tried the other guns
    • Up x 1
  9. MostlyClueless

What.
    • Up x 7
  10. Prudentia

Use the defaults.
    and i'm serious about that:
    Serpent is all nice but the recoil is horrible.
    Pulsar C is nice but kills too slow and has still to much recoil
    HV45 has even worse recoil than the Serpent
    (Corvus takes ages to kill but atleast it's kinda fun)

Solstice on the other hand has a default tight hipfire, low recoil and fast RoF. also: you can buy Serpent and Pulsar C for 500 certs and then the attachments for another 600+, or you can buy foregrip and lasersight for the Solstice and have everything you'll ever need.
    Pulsar AR is a bit more Meh, but that is due to it being a VS Assault Rifle. It still has a decent RoF anf just enough accuracy to send a Heavy in CQC to the Spawnmenu asking himself what happened to his head.
    With the Heavy it's a bit more difficult. i buy all weapons i don't feel are worth it with stationcash, and i have every Heavy weapon with station cash... There is just no Heavy weapon that really shines as a go to weapon with little recoil, decent RoF and good accuracy. (tough funnily enough i never tried the SVA88, i mean it's 500 certs, no need to station cash that.. but then i never buy it with certs either. i think it's one of the 2 Infantry non sniper primaries i don't own)
  11. task_master

A small lancer squad is a no-resources hand of god. Lasher is a no-resources pounder. Semi snipers and eidolan are better than counterparts because bullet drop. PPA is hilariously good.

Everything else is terribad.
  12. KenDelta

Orion <------It's a free gun and Can't even be compared with the Anchor.
    HV-45 <----HV-45 is FAR more superior lol.
    Serpent <---- it's more like a Jaguar.
    Pulsar C <---- Meh
    Flare <----Flare is a crappier version of the godsaw , not EM6.
    • Up x 3
  13. Konfuzfanten

Hmm, no.

Orion is properly one of the best weapons in the game and stats wise better then both MSW-R or Anchor.

Serpent vs new Lynx? One got the best raw DPS (paramount in CQC fighting) and the other one is an upgraded SMG with decent dps. The serpent is the better CQC weapon, while the Lynx is good if you love running out of ammo and SMG's.
  14. Chris Bingley

Used it (on my old VS char), hated it. I much prefer the Pulsar LSW, which you can also get for free from the class quiz.

This is just personal preference though, I don't think it's under-powered, I just hate it.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

Why have we made a complementary thread about something that was found on /r/Planetside?
  16. Bankrotas

Are you saying that a gun, that has lowest horizontal recoil out of 750 rpm weapons and still has 0.75x MM, great velocity, good/almost best hip cone of fire is a bad gun?
  17. Cinnamon

There is no higher authority than reddit apparently.
    • Up x 4
  18. libbmaster

I strongly suspect that the hate against the Orion comes from it's ADS CoF.

For a starter gun, it cant hit crap beyond 40 meters, while the MSR-W and anchor can at least compete with tap fire.

At the risk of invoking the wrath of vixen, I would like to see the Orion get a 75 round magazine and better ADS accuracy in exchange for a nerf to it's ROF/reload time and losing it's x0.75 ADS multiplier, to make it a more viable "jack of all trades, master of none" weapon that would better fit it's position as "the starter gun".

I'd also like to see the Pulsar LSW get the Orion's "old" stats, so that Vanu then has a proper MSR-W/Anchor analogue.
    • Up x 1
  19. Konfuzfanten

We already got that gun: the SVA-88, except it still got the 0.75 ADS.
    • Up x 1
  20. Dtswiss

Obviously you guys cant aim if you cant **** people with the Orion. 90% of all heavies in Pal 12 v 12 tournaments run Orion as their setup because of the ads speed, accuracy, rate of fire, its basically still the best gun for most engagement distance beside long range. 12 v 12 Scrims, matches are usually held on jeager private server at the Octogone so long range aint a problem. Look up the top VS competitive heavy players on your server you'll see that the Orion is one of the most reliable gun and versatile, easy to use gun.
    • Up x 2