Safe fall Implant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RockPlanetSide2, Sep 25, 2017.

1. RockPlanetSide2

Does safefall max rank implant prevent a MAX from dying to a full speed harasser or ATV (or in essence is it just useless).
  2. JibbaJabba

No.

Nothing will stop you from dying when run over by a harasser. The harasser of course will take no damage and not even have a blip of course correction.

Not even God himself can stop a harasser. He manifested as an immovable object once and a harasser hit him. Instead of the harasser stopping, the universe formed.
    • Up x 4
  3. FateJH

Before anything else, "max rank" just means you can't upgrade it anymore.
    The real answer is, regrettably, somewhere between "who knows" and "probably not." Vehicle collisions are just sorta like that.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

Trees.
    • Up x 1
  5. Humoreske

PS2's MAX is like tofu. "killed by ATV" is still bad joke.
    I want the implant of prevent roadkill for the MAX.
  6. Halkesh

T
    Safe fall 5 will give 50% collision damage resistance on a future patch. I've no idea if it have a chance to prevent roadkill for the MAX.
  7. Liewec123

but would you honestly trade the other vastly more valuable implants for it even if it did?
    roadkill cheese doesn't seem to happen very often imho, i'd rather have an implant that helps me all of the time :)
  8. Lamat

The Redeployside Implant protects you even more from being road kill.

I'm not even sure how collision damage is calculated.
  9. UberNoob1337101

It will prevent death if the tires hit you and you get knocked to the side or if you get touched at higher speeds.

But because of the current instagib roadkill mechanics and max speed, it's much more likely you'll clip into the harasser and die instantly which is completely unavoidable and impossible to prevent unless he barely hits you (in which case, you lose a small portion of your health). You die no matter what if it hits you with the front of the vehicle at high speed.

Same goes for Flashes/ATVs but it's easier to avoid clipping into them, thus the Safe Fall implant helps somewhat. But unless you're like me and jump from great heights all the time, it's not worth using as it will only save some of your health and will almost never save you from dying.
  10. RockPlanetSide2

Again, tho, the problem with pay to win versus junk that does not work in game.

If SAFEFALL max rank let you take a harraser hit full on and live with 10% HP or whatever, it would 100% be worth it, I would take it over any other implant the max could use. But the design problem is that if it does not it is 100% useless as an implant (fall distance is just pointless 99.9999% of the time in game).

Having it work only if the tire touches your toe, will never make me spend $100.00 to max it out... and that was the entire point of the new implants... to make money.

Its just this design morality issue that DBG has... makes things work and have some kids whine about it, or do nothing and not make money... :(
  11. MuggieWara

I have Safe Fall rank 3 on my LA loadouts and its really great!I know learning to land with the thrusters is supposedly a must for any LA but not having to worry about landing makes all the difference in the world.Both when C4ing anything from height and when suprising infantry or avoiding it.

Put it om your LAs people!You ll be amazed!(But it will a bit tough to remove it afterwards)
  12. Halkesh

Neither devs.
    IMO collision damage should be cap to 850 for cloacked flash / ant and for anyone using safe fall 5 implant.
    Once the cap is hit, the target get a 1 sec immunity frame to collision damage.
  13. Zagareth

Give us back the MAX Charge and let us run through Harrassers and ATVs with it and cut them to pieces of trash!
  14. Lamat

Safe Fall is great for light assaults as it allows you to drop in on enemies quickly and not have to worry about saving fuel for landing.

Also good for pilots if you have time to decrease speed before bailing.
  15. Lamat

Or like Hulkbuster Iron Man, one hand up stops and grips the harrasser with the other free to shoot it.
  16. JibbaJabba

Can we just get a roadkill implant that reduces damage from vehicles? Problem solved. :p
  17. Lamat

And a teamkill implant that protects me from being murdered by other NC :p
  18. Zagareth

No need to decrease speed when you go vertical down and jump out in time deep enough. Its all about the height, not the speed
  19. Lamat

Thanks, didn't know that.