Rocket Launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bibibla, May 27, 2014.

1. Badname707

About 1/30, according to my killboard. That sounds about right for me. I personally think that they could stand to be made slightly less mobile, but keep its OHK.
  2. NyaR

Sometimes, usually when I miss.

[IMG]
  3. DragonOps

I play Infiltrator, but 0 so far!
  4. Longasc

I am sure that even my ESFs die more to C4 than rocket launchers.
  5. Kociboss

I remember disagreeing about some infiltrator feature with him in the past and I was also labeled "arrogant BR 100" :D
    This thread is pure gold btw, what should we nerf next? The game is turning into a gray mass of semi-effective NS weapons contest.

Btw Mustarde, shouldn't we nerf sniper rifles? Afterall they have an ohk feature too! And they reload faster than rocket launchers!

:D

One day, it will pop like a baloon. He certainly hasn't learned the meaning of the word "humbleness" yet,
    • Up x 1
  6. jiggu

So can we drop rocket launchers now and move over to the next thing to FOTM cry about?
    Like uuuuuh... Galaxy ramming? I remember that one time when I was rammed. Lets nerf that.
    • Up x 1
  7. Key Pusher

You all keep whining about weapon balance and developers never add new content.
    • Up x 1
  8. VonStalin

No more than 1%. Don't even notice. Don't remember the last time. Rockets are really underperfoming in my opinion. Should be no drop and higher speed.
  9. EnsignPistol

If you didn't want the forest to burn down, you shouldn't have started a fire. Looks like you got what was coming to you.

Nice video, by the way. I always find it good for a laugh.
  10. Irathi

close to never, 1 out of 100 perhaps.
  11. Villanuk

I think its depends on the situation. Normal CQC is not a place for rockets but Bio farming is set up for it. Yesterday, the NC were flooding the bio with rockets, i died 5 times in a row to the dam things.
  12. Goretzu

Maybe 1 in 100 deaths, it's probably less than that tbh.
  13. Aragato

I think that it is ridiculous that people decry the creative use of a weapon. Is it right to use a weapon outside it's designed purpose? No, but people are like water and will find the easiest path. Too many supposed white knights or purists say that it lacks skill. I am sorry but that is subjective.

People create their own problems. By forcing change, do not be surprised when you create problems for yourself. People will always find the next best way to do things, no matter what changes are forced upon them. If we really wanted realism, it would not take nearly as long to kill any infantry in the game and the lock-ones would be way more effective than they currently are. Technology is the great equalizer.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kunavi

Don't feel bad. Raising awareness on any subject is crucial. Besides why are you worried? They let the UBGL reign for long enough despite the many displays of OPness all over TwitchTV. By when SOE destroys RL Primary by balancing it, people will have forgotten your demonstration. :p
  15. Moz

Ahhhh the good old "rocket hero" video.

Its a one sided video, i could make exactly the same video to make the rocket launchers look like they REALLY BADLY need a buff.

This video means nothing!
    • Up x 4
  16. Kanil

Looked across my 3 characters and my last 300 deaths -- small sample size, of course.

61 deaths to LMGs, 48 to carbines, 33 to assault rifles, 18 to all ground vehicles combined, 17 to all MAX weapons combined, 15 to shotguns, 14 to pistols, 14 to my friggin' teammates, 13 to SMGs, 12 to rockets, 10 to sniper rifles, and 10 to all air vehicles combined. Nothing else scored double digits, including C4/grenades/mines combined... and fortunately suicides also didn't make the list.

While I do feel heavies are too good and need a redesign, rockets against infantry definitely isn't why I feel that way.
  17. HadesR

Always the best way to make a subject die down ... Making a thread complaining about other threads on said subject .. Works wonders
  18. Mystogan

Sorry Mustarde but your video is stupid. I like you and your videos but I think you making fuss around and your therads about rockets primaries are stupid and you are provoking hate/nerfs for more things that will come.

You are showing us ABUSING of weapon mechanic using it (MAINLY) JUST for purpouse of abusing it. Care to tell me how long did it took you to get this footage and how much time you died during making this stupid Video?

Becasue Mustarde I will tell you this: Everyone can abuse some mechanic just for sake of abusing it and than showing that it is OP in video with good-editing:
    1. Rocketpods- I can start flyin (I don't) with them and just stick to zerg and make you a one week-video of abusing the hell out of this weapon. Same Ace Pilots can just focus on using them for week or two to make a video of ABUSING it's AV role.
    2. Sitting in chokepoint with Pounders/Falcons and abusing them for whole week and than make stupid video like that and tell nerf OP.
    3. Same can be DONE with every weapon and Vehicle (hell sitting on small choke stairs with Vulcan harasser as AI with engis on back and ABUSING Vulcan for its not-primary role)
    4. One week viedo with best moments using AV MANA turrent in AI role. It will look the same as your Rocket video. I will use same music and same editing moments. AV MANA turret AI OP, nerf?

You showed us not gameplay, but Abusing, hard, forced Abusing. Becasue in game nobody is running with a rocket as primary becasue it is uneffective, slow, clumsy and makes you get killed more than you will kill someone. 2/20 kills are maybe from rocket, since mostly you just play LMG.

You didn't show us a gameplay video Mustarde. If it was HA gameplay and game mechanic would MAKE YOU rocket primary beacasue it is most effective way (like LMG are worse the RL)- than THAT IS THE PROBLEM. But that is not your video.

But instead you are forcing yoursellf to run rocket primary and NOT SHOWING us gameplay but only moments when you got kills- which make you video both invaild as an true gameplay argument and showing us that you selected those moments only for sake of making your point, not showing the rest.

Becasue I AM TERRIBLE AIM- but even I can start running infiltrator for week ONLY and then make videos only of all those lucky headshots/moments I will get and than make video like that?

And reactions will be "Wow, Mystogan, so good sniper, so much skill, precise aim". But the truth is those were my 30-40 kills out of HUNDERS times when I died, missed, fail hard.

You, as a player who try to make gameplay videos for community, should feel ashamed. Abusing mechanic is not gameplay mechanic and video with only "good" moments is non-legit.

I am dissapointed with you, Mustarde. Can't live being OHK by lucky shot when you were standing still with your infiltrator- time to get break from game and stop behaving like low BR whinning guy.

It is becasue people like you showing FORCED ABUSE- the things that for most players are just side-use from time to time- everything is getting nerfed. Sit as your infiltrator and OHK with sniper 100 meters away and stop pretending you know something else.

Just god...I will make Video like this of OP AI Vortex....gimme week....
    • Up x 8
  19. Bennybones

Just to mention here. Its intended purpose is anti-vehicle and anti-infantry. It's in the descriptions. The rocket launcher is used as intended. People just don't like its intended use. Not disagreeing with anything else, just pointing it out.
    • Up x 1
  20. Iridar51

Source.
    • Up x 1