Rocket Launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bibibla, May 27, 2014.

1. Bibibla

Seriously, guys !
    LMG are so much better at killing infantry !

The rocket launcher is at best the "noobtube" of PS2 : anybody can get an easy kill with it... and be left vulnerable with a 4 seconds reload.

There is a simple technique to dodge a rocket : just turn around +/-90° and move forward one or two meters, then turn back to your oponent and shot at him while he is trying to reload / switch to pistol.
    • Up x 13
  2. NCDaniel

3. OldCuban

Yes!
    • Up x 1
  4. minhalexus

That is not the problem.

The problem is that you can equip you rocket, and fire then switch back to your LMG or pistol.
    If you get the kill then good for you, if you dont then you only need 1 or 2 bullets with the LMG.

Its about peaking around corners, firing and getting the kill.
    Its about spamming it in the underground tunnels of amerish.
    Its about getting killing through splash by a doorway.
    Its about instagibbing.
    Its about getting multi-kills without any skill involved.

And switching back to your primary after that.

No one has to go full rocket primary, one would be a total idiot to do that, but having this utility of playing peek-a-boo is broken.
    I hardly ever die while loading my rocket, because if you have the slightest of situational awareness you wouldn't reload in front of everybody rather you would switch to your primary, find good cover and then reload.

Rockets are not OP - TRUE

But they aren't doing their function properly similar to pounders.
    They need to fix both the pounders and RLs by increasing the velocity and reducing the drop, and reducing the damage against infantry.
    • Up x 4
  5. TheBlindFreak

I'mma give this a thumbs up. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was killed by a RL (while not a max unit or driving a tank). That's not to say I don't remember the last time a HA scrub tried to kill me with a RL while I was an infantry unit.
    • Up x 1
  6. z1967

Maybe!
    • Up x 6
  7. MrJengles

I don't know.
    • Up x 7
  8. jiggu

In the time it takes to switch to a LMG your enemy has the opportunity to kill you three times over.
    • Up x 5
  9. Kociboss

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been killed by a rocket launcher few times but...So what? It's a weapon like any other. Furthermore, a hard counter exist - It's called Flak Armor

Don't worry though, soon this thread will be filled with videos of l33t RL killstreaks (with heavily edited footage but who cares right). "Famous" forum fighters will undoubtedly use them as a valid argument for super-nerfing rocket launcher and SOE will probably listen.
    • Up x 3
  10. Villanuk

Having just come from a Bio lab, where all the NC just used rockets, you can draw your own opinion as to why, but sure as hell it wasn't because the rockets are useless !!
    • Up x 2
  11. Bl4ckVoid

Take away rocket OHK and heavies will be reluctant to engage MAX-es, because it will make them a lot more vulnerable. With rocket launcher running into any class will mean certain death.

Flak 4-5 should provide protection against rocket direct hit, no other change needed.
    • Up x 2
  12. TheBlindFreak

Can you repeat the question?
    • Up x 2
  13. Markxxx

The real concern here is that, compared to the so called issue of rocket OHK, SOE have tons more things to worry about. Things that affect more people, happen more frequently, or cause a larger annoyance.

It is all about priorities. But the dev team don't seem to have a clue.
  14. quatin

The weapon swap time is like 1.5s. What's the average TTK of any weapon? 0.4s? Lol. If you miss with the RL, you're dead.

Cert Flak armor. That's what it's there for. You guys just don't want to give up running NW to get an advantage in infantry battle. Welcome to combined arms.
  15. Nerp

Rocket primaries are like the mlg 420swoloyag qwiksc0p3rs of planetside 2. Only thing is they can only shoot once every 6 seconds and are often bad at the game and br 1 - 20 anyway so who cares.
  16. JibbaJabba

THIS.

All that babbling rant he did about how you can fire the RL, switch to LMG if you miss then finish the job...just shows he clearly doesn't know how to play and hasn't done any serious time with the RL. A good LMG has forward grips and all sorts of crap that is necessary to make it worth anything. All that stuff slows down the weapon switching of the second slowest switching weapon in the game (next to the RL).

People listen up:

• When you get killed by a GOOD HA, it's done with an LMG. He kills a lot of people so don't take it personally.
    • When you get killed by a NOOB HA, it's done with an RL. Take solace in the fact he's going to get massacred a lot before he gets his next kill and don't take it personally.
    ------------------

Edit:
    I too kill people with a RL, C4, pistol finisher, knife finisher, you name it.

But... When I've got *work* to get done. I pull out the LMG...just as every good HA does.

I spoke in absolutes which I should have known better to do in a whine thread...someone would come along and get technical about it. mea culpa.

Insert "most of the time" as appropriate. I assume my reader is not too obtuse to get what I'm saying.
    • Up x 4
  17. NyaR

What is wrong with this? You list these things like they're bad and a problem. What's the problem here? These things are totally ok. Just get better and they won't bother you. Hell, shoot your own damn rocket and instagib them, see how little skill it takes.
  18. NyaR

Well, ****, I guess how good of a player I am depends on what gun I can have.

I mean, I can mow down 10 guys with my primary and pistol, run out of ammo, switch to rocket launcher and kill the 11th guy but now that I've swithced to the rocket launcher I became a noob HA. I guess I should have just went half reload+knife attack and been a pro player.
  19. JibbaJabba

Nosir, you sound like a good HA. I too kill people with a RL, C4, pistol finisher, knife finisher, you name it.

But... When I've got *work* to get done. I pull out the LMG...just as every good HA does.

I spoke in absolutes which I should have known better to do in a whine thread...someone would come along and get technical about it. mea culpa.
  20. NC supporter

Great job forum side, you f'ed It again. I don't know if you guys are on bath salts or mentally disabled but a rocket to the face should mean death. The amount of trouble forumside causes is astounding. SOE needs the balls that capcom and EA have, which means they don't listen to us gamers since usually we cause the garbage. This nerf was uncalled for and I hope you guys are happy with your loony bin logic.
    • Up x 4