[Suggestion] Roadmap after silos: Maps. Amp stations & Techs are some of the most ignored regions.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, May 12, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

After giving silos more items to play with.
    Suggest a roadmap for map improvements.

Oshur: Improve mid of Oshur first. & the rest of Oshur after. See post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fast-fix-for-oshurs-mid.261053/

Esamir: Top left, top mid, & top right improvements. Top left is flat out more ignored than top right is. Always has been. Top Left Warp road links reworked & Freyr Amp deleted. Top mid, use to have a epic tank bridge ice fight so who wouldn't want to revert that. Between Steelshore reconstruction to Northpoint Ruins. & Top right obviously is the shattered warpgate area where fun jungle potential got replaced with boring outter bank point hold bases. Bot right also isn't seized enough.

Indar: Top left of Indar reworked. Aka delete Saurva Bio esp & maybe Dahaka Amp too for sand dunes. Sand dune forts & mad max firestorm. For sure Saurva is ignored & requires smart link paths so outfits won't ignore.

Hossin: Some better roads to get the main fight away from mid often. TBH I'd want more ewok tree bases, as if trees surrounding Nasons walls was surrounded by Hunters Blind platforms and walkways. & preferebly a Hunters Blind type base that is more mid, so it's not ignored link path wise. Replace Hurakan Amp with Hunters Blind then make more roads from Nasons & Gourney to the region.

Amerish: is okay. Except for the Chimney Rock lane to Heyoka to Bastion lane not getting enough fights. Even if Chimney Rock & Heyoka Chem lab are great bases. Splitpeak Pass requires extra links & roads for more fights. & revert splitpeak pass from ctf to point holds.

Koltyr: Keep the left tower, delete the mid and right lane towers. Have more B warehouse locations with warehouse sunderers allowed as the left tower has. Replace mid and right tower with regular bases that aren't towers. & toss the rest of the map shattered warpgate jungle trenches, for a official jungle forest map.

Lastly for roadmap: I'd figure out allllll the tech plants & amp stations that are flat out ignored and underplayed and replace them with something else, I'd be able to name 17 of them.

Pave over & replace with something else: Tumas Tech, Heyoka Tech, Wokuk Amp, Mekala Tech. Kwahtee Amp, Mulac Tech, for sure delete Hurakan Amp station, Ghanan tech slows down the zerg from getting to Sharpe's Run & I prefer Sharpe's Run farm, Chac tech slows them from getting to the favored Matsuda Genetics, Saurva Bio is ignored thus rework oshur top left, Peris Amp, Ixtab, Zurvan Amp ignored, Dahaka Amp below average, Hvar tech average, Freyr Amp Station ignored entirely forever, Baldur Amp is above average yet average since its near watersons blocking better watersons entertainment.

Listed all the Amp Stations & Tech Plants that block zergs, slow the battle flow, & are unwanted regions.
    TBH I would rather farm a Containment site for sure, then a Amp or Tech. So I find Containment Sites a little unfair with the salt they got, since for sure Tech & Amps are worst. Same amount of running with less newness.

Suggest replace these amps & techs with: Shrouded Skyway, The Stronghold, Mekala Auxiliary, Chimney Rock, The Scarfield Reliquary, Wainwright Armory, or Moss Ravine style of bases.

Bio labs are fine. Just prefer the previous see through glass panels.

All the small unique bases are fine too.
  2. AuricStarSand

If I have to pick one tech & amp I enjoy of each, since I listed most of them I don't favor.

1) Well I realized Amp Stations are the MOST despised regions of the entire game. For everyone. Even if most people haven't realized this & they haven't realized. However I've studied the map the most & see where everyone goes.

For sure amp stations are ignored and battle flow blockers worst than Tech Plants are. Yet if I must pick one amp that's ok, I suppose Sungrey of Amerish.

2) As for Tech Plants I also don't enjoy most tech plants. Yet I do for sure find picking my favorite way easier than Amp Stations. As I really enjoy where Mao Tech Plant is located. & Mao has a good desert hill road. So Mao Tech is the only good tech plant of the entire game.

Eisa is ok, Mao is better.

Are Tech Plants outside of Eisa & Mao ok? no the other tech plants are 6 min afk ghostcaps for outfits.

So with with same respect of getting rid of Bio Labs from Esamir. Traded for other smaller bases.