Rise of the BR 100s

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Jan 14, 2016.

1. DooDooBreff

so after the patch goes live tomorrow, and tons of players will be dusting off their BR 100s, will it be as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced? even though a 100 isnt that much more powerful than lower BR players with any FPS skill, Im expecting forum tears from newer players.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-1-14.237234/

im interested in what will be happening over the next couple weeks.

any predictions?
  2. Liewec123

meh i don't think i'll play my main any more than usual,
    we've had 3 years to buy out everything we already want on our mains,
    i don't see myself actively grinding to increase a number from 100 to 101, 102 etc XD
    title and decal aren't juicy enough to warrant grinding,
    that being said it will be nice seeing the rank up popup again when it happens :p
  3. DooDooBreff

i see your point. i however dont see it as a grind because i kind of dont like the other factions
  4. Azawarau

Im abandoning my alts for this

Pointless slaughter inbound
    • Up x 1
  5. Pelainis117

As only one faction player I really like this. Hope after half of year~ they will increase it to 150. By the way XP will be more useful now. Lower lazy people will think ''Should I get that lightning/harraser/flash that has no pilot or just redeploy''.
  6. JohnGalt36

Just as I'm getting close to 100, they raise the bar...
    :(
  7. user101

It will be a "Hoot" new players will think hell has taken over PS2...there will be 1000's of aimbots playing all kinds of cheats will be enabled, PS2 will crash and be patched at least 20 times... patch 1, patch 2, patch 3, patch 4, etc.
    New players will be quiting at an astonishing rate.... anyone under BR25 well stop paying PS2 DBGC DEV's will be pulling out there HAIR... ! Radar will be gray by the time it is over. HA...!!!!
    Subscription will end by the end of the week. PS2 will be in free fall....!

ANT will be removed by the end of NEXT WEEK as OP....! It will by like the PTS game engine only played on PTS.
  8. toast2250

There there now, br100 is still a milestone to be proud of and worth of the announcement when reaching it.
  9. user101

No you are way under estimating what this will do by raising to BR120 or BR130 you will have just gobs of BR100's playing to get to the top....! BR100's are killing machines.... on an eat everything in your path.... !!! New players will be dead meat to BR100's they will eat new players for sport.
  10. WeRelic

Personally, I think increasing the rank was a good thing. Sure, a couple people got shafted like JohnGalt, and that sucks, but it's not like they aren't hitting a milestone at BR 100.

I think we'll see a bunch of older players come out of the woodwork long enough to get to BR120 though.
  11. user101

Be carefull what you wish for.... you just might get it... and more than you bargained for.... remember I have been around since realease 3 of PS2 and seen what good teams can do. There are some LIB teams that can take on whole squads...
  12. DooDooBreff

this is not true.... plenty of br 100s are fullretart. you can fail your way to 100. but it doesnt change the fact the newer players will complain that they are killing their fun because in the last mmo they played level matter a while lot more than in planetside
  13. Akashar

Well increasing the level cap is something that should have been done long before, and should be done regularly from now on. It's litterally not hard to pull of for daybreak, and for a bored player, can give just the right amount of "why not keeping on? I haven't capped yet..." It won't change how I play, but, hey, I'll be happy to once again see some "progress".
    My prediction is that as long as it won't change the game for someone like me, you'll see a lot of high br farmers in the next days trying to be the first to hit the new bar.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

The raise is a good idea

I'll be buying membership instead of swag each month

Would be both if my missus was a gamer and understood why we do it hehe.