Rez stealing

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Chinchy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Rusie

I personally would rather my "personal battle" be with the factions I'm supposed to be fighting rather than against than my own faction. That's plain counterproductive. When you kill another player you don't have to keep your gun trained on them for awhile afterward in fear of someone else shooting their dead body and stealing your kill if you don't; why should you have to worry about that for the rezzes? It's just silly and backwards.

Remember, you also have a gun for a reason. Somebody else already covered the rezzes? No big, you can be pewpewing in the meantime. I really don't see how this exceptionally poor game design can be defended.
  2. Believer

personal battle being one that we have with ourselves, sorry if I was unclear
  3. Noxx(ia)

if it's not kill stealing it's rez stealing. You know why I don't get upset about this stuff? Because I'm sure I've done it too.
  4. Phebus

Last night a medic was shooting all other medics that were rezzing as they were stealing his rezzes?? I have maxed med tool and AOE heal so that was sort of annoying. he was rezzing them with a med tool 1.

Maybe medics shouldn't be able to rez until level 4 now medics are established to stop this kind of rubbish happening. Takes loads longer to heal a player on 50% than to rez to 100 so it's counter productive on so many levels.
  5. KoSGunny

How hard would it be to put the following in revive notifications:

"CallMeGunny is offering level 5 revive." And then the Accept/Decline below.

It's just shuffling some text to display which level of Medical Applicator they have.
  6. Phryne

I think the real problem is that medics make each other useless. Any group of infantry only needs 2-3 medics and when you get more it turns into this *********** of deadweights running around with their med tools out competing for xp instead of fighting. It's not really fun or useful for anyone and I just don't think that the class has been that well thought out for these situations.
  7. Morgoth

What Phryne said.

In Enemy Territory, beyond a threshold of skill you would have everyone medic except one or two objective utility players, because we didn't play for XP, and the medic's SMG was good enough to headshot everyone, face 3v3 and the last man standing would revive his two friends and go on.

In Planetside well ... medics are often rendered useless by morons who die in unrevivable places (lines of fire far from cover. a position no infantry should ever be in but w/e). And then unless it's a fragfest with 5 people dying in range every 15 seconds, the medic part of the job gets boring.

Which brings us back to the ET comparison, medics should get better guns. HA guns. We don't have the rocket launcher or the HA shield after all, we don't have the turret, why should we absolutely have sucky guns ? Even the base HA gun is miles better than any gun available to a (VS at least) medic, rendering us mostly useless in combat.
  8. Sebyos

I freaking hate it it's ********. Most of the time they see you just resed and don't give a ****, they want their xp...
  9. Vashyo

People steal rezzes from me I steal rezzes from them. Everything goes I'm afraid. I have no problem with it myself.

As long as someone on my team gets the points means my team is doing good, so I'm not very upset if someone steals from me.