Rez stealing

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Chinchy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Opapanax

Yea they'll get me once or twice. But once I see the medics in the area aren't willing to heal when they know they have the ****** rez. I just stop accepting them and choose to take the long way back..

No need to feed the enemy XP and the lame *** medic that wants to mini-rez without a full heal and at least checking to see if it's actually clear..

If you have the 100% heal go right for it, but if you know you have the crap revive, try to see if you can shoot a few folks first and then rez, so you don't bring someone back to bulletstorm..
  2. inkbear

My only issue with the Med tool is that even if I have it at rank 6 and can revive really fast. The only way I can make sure my revive doesn't get overridden by a medic with a rank 1 tool is to keep the beam on the corpse until hey are up. Which negates any revive speed you get from the rank 6 tool completely.

If I could run into a room with 5 dead bodies and quickly revive all 5 of them and move on not waiting for them to accept etc, without another Medic with a rank 1 tool comming in half a second later and over ride my revives leaving me with no exp at all, I would be a happy Medic.
    Overriding revives should not be possible.
    • Up x 4
  3. Schenck

I think the OP should go back to playing an MMORPG. If medics start to quarrel about XP in a teamplay game, there's something wrong with their attitude.
  4. igorthir

I feel that rez stealing is ju87st bad form. I have noticed it does happen but rarely and usually on people that are just laying there not accepting the res
  5. Haterade

This.

The problem with stealing revives isn't with people with better applicators stealing revives from someone with under powered applicators, it's people with under powered applicators stealing revives from people with better applicators. The point of the medic is to help out the team. Those with better applicators help out the team more. Not only does an under powered applicator take experience away from someone who revived and went to the next player, it hurts the team because now that person is going to be revived in a worse position than he would have had the better revive stuck.

Stealing revives from better applicators hurts everyone except the nub who refused to upgrade his applicator. Stealing a revive from a nub with a under powered applicator helps everyone except the nub who refused to upgrade his applicator.

There are two solutions in my mind: The best is having a level check when someone goes to override a revive. If the applicator is better, allow the overriding revive. If not, disallow it. If we can't get that, just make it so that overriding revives isn't possible.
    • Up x 3
  6. Shadowhunter1

yes that is what we medics need to do, be a sitting duck for people cause we have to stay locked on trying to rez someone who is DCing or afk cause they died and we don't know, but like you said, we have to stay there. that is ignorant, Highest rank gun should take priority so the team doesn't suffer, and it stops the XP farming punks that are to cheap to spend points into their med gun, FYI for those that do it, if you have a maxed out rez gun, you get more XP from rezzes than with a Lv 1 gun.
  7. IshanDeston

We don't have to, only if you have to have the exp for that rezz, you have to stay. I am having a Level 6 tool and i can't help but feel like i am twice as fast as before. And i still don't have a problem with people promptly accepting my rezz and if they don't, then i am moving on. If they decline, or get rezzed by another person, isn't my problem.

My opinion remains: If you need to have the exp for sure. Keep that gun trained. Even if you buzz around the battlefield you are getting much more exp than anyone with a level 1 Med tool. Why? because you can start that rezz much earlier and you can keep moving. The rezz is usually done before you are out of range of your gun. You can't do that with a level 1.
  8. Aidoboy

I just hate the people who rez you, and run off because they think they rezzed you with 100%.
  9. Morgoth

Too much hatred for noobs here.

I'm an excellent player even if I started less than a week ago, and here's my point of view:

I always healed to full everyone I revived.
    I always rezzed 2nd or even 3rd time for those who I took the risk to rezz in a line of fire.
    I have rezzed many clients that noone would've risked, just because I can (and I can tell you with lvl2 applicator it gets hairy).
    I have also spent every cert on that damn med tool because it's really worth it.
    I really don't think spending the certs on lvl 5 or 6 is going to take priority over getting a decent magrider.

Mostly, I have helped the team far more than many with tons of certs and I think most comments in this post about non-full revives are absolutely ridiculous, since I can guarantee >70% of my clients wouldn't have been rezzed by someone else.

As a summary, **** bad players, **** XP hunters, and **** people who think low-cert medics aren't worth it.

And I personally think it's unfair that medics get less XP the better their applicators. bit unfair compared to other upgrades imho.
  10. ScorpDK

Either the list of medics that have tagged you for healing, or locking the first medic that finished a rez and not allowing others to overwrite it unless the patient refuses (show them the HP percentage)...
    The "other medic's rez applies as heal" wouldn't sound bad, either. But it seems tricky to implement properly. Especially with more than 2 medics involved.
  11. JimBob22

This will definitely make me sound like an ******* to some, and I apologize in advance for that, but if anything takes more priority as a medic than getting the level 6 heal gun you're more of a part time medic than a full time one.

That's just my opinion as an ******* though, so take it with a grain of salt. I also tend to play a pure infantry medic, having a kick-*** MBT may be useful to the team at times, but does nothing to make me a better medic and keeping the infantry going.
    • Up x 2
  12. CzechErface

I am a fully certed medic with tons of EXP flow because I learned how to play medic the right way. This is how you do it:

1) Kill enemies before helping the dead
    2) Kill medics that try to steal revives
    3) DO NOT revive medics
    4) Kill medics that try to revive medics

I have stuck to this strategy for about two weeks now and it really pays off. If SoE or anyone has a problem with this, then do not make helping my allies a competition between myself and my team. If I have to choose between progressing my account and wasting my time, then I am definitely going to keep that medic down.
    • Up x 1
  13. Saviorself

You are a disgrace to the profession, and as a medic I would never trust you to guard my back.
    • Up x 2
  14. Chinchy

There are times when I wan't to kill the medic that just stole my res, then I just kick my dog and calm down!
    [IMG]
  15. 1337Wolf

Add a lock to prevent other people from attempting to revive the victim once they would be revived at 100% (which would only waste their own time) and a percentage to inform the victim at which percent they would be revived at then this is perfect.
    • Up x 2
  16. 71dana

I am a full time medic, with maxed out medic tools and can revive 5 guys at 100% faster than new/part-time medic can revive 1. So what if I lose 1 revive every now and then. I am back in cover or returning fire, while the level 1 revive stealer is still hovering over the body acting as a magnet for enemy fire. Thread posters about getting more xp from a low level medic tool obviously failed basic maths. My squad/outfit usually decline unknown revives if I am close because they know they will be at 100% in seconds. Anyway, if I see a low level medic only revive and run off, I hit my AoE healing and take the points, thank you very much.
  17. Rusie

Total noob here -- just rolled up a character. This thread interested me as I want to play a medic and was trying to learn game etiquette. You say your stance on this is to protect newbies and let them progress...but imo the game should not reward people for poor, selfish play. As it stands, it appears to -- moreso than the unselfish players!

If you need to heal your rez target afterward because your med tool isn't maxed out, then do it, for sure! If you don't need to heal your target after a rez because they spawn at 100% health, the game should absolutely reward you for rezzing quickly and moving on just as quickly. No one should, imo, have to choose between being efficient and being sure they are rewarded for positive actions.

At the very least rezzes should not run on a "last in, first out" method. And I say that as someone who has a Rank 2 med tool (all I can afford at the moment, it's my priority). If people could override me with a higher rez, or those being rezzed could see/select from multiple rezzers (complete with health percentages), I'd be just fine with that. Because ultimately, that's promoting better team play because the team is in better shape. Sure, I lose out some rezzes for awhile, but if it takes that to keep people from XP whoring, I'm all for it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Vorenius

Though I may only partially agree with your methods, this is quite possibly the most realistic look on how the current system works.
  19. Morgoth

Imho, you're somewhat right, except you seem to forget all those situations where being a squishy on the ground seems not that good.

Anyway, I picked up med5 because I could and because I already had magboost, rival combat 1 and some upgrades.

So yes I care about it, I just don't think going to med6 while being utterly useless in every non medic intensive part of the game is my goal.
  20. Believer

I think the OP needs to join an outfit where they are needed, or alternatively switch to a different class when there are too many medics in the area. 'Stealing' is a dynamic that keeps things interesting. It let's us see the character (or lack thereof) over time, something I appreciate. It also gives each of us our own personal battle to fight.