Render Distance Testing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diiiii, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Wardancer

The infantrybattles are still there, but if you spawn like a tool at the crown tanks are going to farm the **** out of you. Stop providing the enemy with free certs, get your own armor and aircraft. Cap some bases do something useful for your team. The only time tanks can farm you is if you let them, especially now when AV weapons are readily available.

If the enemy has armor, bring friendly armor and move to a base further back so you can prepare a defense with AV-Turrets and rocket-launchers.
  2. Ketadine

I know it has been suggested before, but still, it would help if you guys opened testing servers so that everybody may test and report on the game.
  3. Geist99

as long as they dont lower the performance on lower end PCs....... it has just been improved so please dont **** it up again
  4. moooosa

*tosses you under the sunderer*
  5. Esstev

Performance-wise...I didn't notice any difference or reduction. I have an i7-2600k, 16gig Ram and GTX570 vid card.

I'm interested in hearing how the new render distance affects game play. My experience, which I mentioned above, was a just small window glimps of play (couple hours Tuesday and Wednesday). Also, VS population was low the times I was playing and that in itself can affect game play. When I did play, I was pulling tanks because it provided safety from snipers. While I was in the tank, I could see the far away infantry dots and they were easy kills. If you pull tanks a lot, I think you wil like the new render distance.

I did try the new AV turret...once. I think I got that one shot off before I got nailed by a sniper.
    I got the shot off. I got hit by the sniper just as the rocket was going to hit the..... Not sure how close it got to my target. Didn't get the chance to see it hit.
  6. Bloodlet

Then it's clear you don't know anything about me.

Anyway moving on. Apparently this was rolled out to Mattherson yesterday. I didn't know it at the time I was playing but it did seem like I could see enemy infantry at much farther ranges than I am used to seeing. Depending on if my wife lets me get any free time on Valentines day tonight I will make a more concerted effort to observe the results of the change.
  7. Bucketnate

Chill bro, its not like its an exclusive to only a couple servers, geez
  8. Bloodlet

Oh geez another one.
  9. Patrician

So you feel that the only, real, defense to a besieged facility is to surrender it and counter attack? So the besieged become the besiegers? Am I the only one that can see the "round robin" nature of this?