Remove the referral system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredfred

This is my issue with the referral system. Oh well :(
  2. MarthKoopa

A large portion of content is locked away from me just because I'm a person who is incapable of making friends.

This is outrageous.
    • Up x 16
  3. ih8Darian2

i cri evertim ;_;
    • Up x 8
  4. Van Dax

lyked dis
    • Up x 3
  5. Lolroflcake

Yay for forumside making a total ****storm out of the ultimate non-issue. You guys shock me sometimes with how you can manage to complain about everything.

I honestly think you would all react better to this sort of thing if you woke up in a warehouse with strict orders from SOE management to spread the game via word of mouth, "recruit at least X number of new players or else dire consequences would be suffered."

They are cosmetic items. Sure they could make money off selling them to you now, but they can also make money off selling you some of the hundred of other things they have made in the past or the stuff they have put out more recently. They're is nothing wrong with encouraging people to spread the game via word of mouth when the cost of the encouragement is so low they it would be recouped and then some if even a handful new players started playing and spending money.
  6. Degenatron

I know that I won't likely get many referrals. I had one buddy who signed up, played, and spent money, but he was the only one interested. That said, I have no problem with the referral program.

It would be nice if SOE made these things available sometime in the future. Like six months or a year from now, and then rotate new swag into the referral gear spots, and just keep cycling it like that.

On the other hand, I'm personally ok if other people get something I don't. If they are able to bring in paying customers to the game, then that's good for all of us and they deserve a little something extra.
    • Up x 1
  7. MarthKoopa

How about just making the referral system a way to get free stuff, instead of completely locking away the content from the people who aren't part of the super popular cool kids club.

I'd buy the Pixel camo and a bunch of the other stuff, but no, I'm not allowed to get it at all because nobody likes me.
    • Up x 3
  8. Fredfred

I am sad too. :(
    • Up x 1
  9. Stew360

Agree , actually thats whats i was expecting but NO ( exclusive contents ) this is were i put my fist on the table and say NO WAY :S especially when they lock our foreman helmets at 25 members and the best camo the recon in this promotions :S

Such a slap in the face today , cant be happy about this promotion as a vets and as a day one ps2 players , just disapointed and pretty much discusted :S
    • Up x 3
  10. EnigmaEngine

I'm unsure of how much of this is Planetside 2's team, and how much of it is SOE, but it comes across as a bit of a kick in the teeth. I recruited the few people I could have back around launch. Even then, I wouldn't have reached more than the second level of rewards, much less the level to acquire the helmet I've so looked forward to.

I cannot and do not honestly expect a change. It's not going to affect my enjoyment of playing the game with my outfit. I do not regret the money I've put into it already.

But still, I must add my voice to the others; I am disappointed, and obviously cannot spend money on items (the closed Aurora helmet in particular) which are not for sale. If those of us who feel this way do not speak up (politely), then there is no hope at all that it will change.
    • Up x 3
  11. DreamlessLiberty

I'd refer the apparitions in my head but they are all unemployed :(. But yeah what about people with borderline personality disorder or antisocial personality disorder. Not every sociopath is in prison or an asylum. They might want stuff to.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nhilys

I'm not sure I'm supposed to take this thread seriously or not.
    • Up x 1
  13. LowTechKiller

[IMG]
  14. AssaultPig

where is the reward for those of us who already made all our friends play?
    • Up x 4
  15. DarkerHalf

Considering how late in the game it is, I think the change needs to be to vastly reduce the number of people you're expecting people to refer. Most groups of friends will join a game together. I know my whole circle of gamer friends started playing at launch, and have slowly trickled away. None of them are going to create a whole new account to spend money of the game to come back, and there's no way way in hell I'm going to convince 25 random coworkers to start playing a video game and spend money on it.

I'm sure you'll get a few people that will get up to that 25 referral mark, but most of them are probably going to be crazies that make a ton of dummy accounts to do it.

If I were developing a refer a friend program for a game that's already been out for 9 months, I would set it so that anyone who spends money can list it as a referral for someone else, no matter how old the account is. You'll get a brief spike of people buying station cash to refer each other, and people can still recruit new players too. Seems like a win-win for both sides.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shehadi

I think what most people are frustrated about, is that many players, like me, have dumped a lot of money into the game, and would buy many of these items if they could, because lets face it, some of them are awesome. However, like me, many players who have been playing since beta and have been loyal to the game and spent their money dont have any friends who dont already have the game. All my friends who dont play dont have a good computer or simply dont have the time.

I have been a player since beta and a subscription member since launch, but im all out of friends to give the game..suppose it sucks to be me considering i have been hoping for a 'visor down' version of the predator helmet to come out since they released.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bankrotas

Only thing I'm really angry about is Open/closed helmets. Are they ******* kidding someone with this? It's a slap in the face of those, who bought open version, expecting closed one too, or at least getting it later.
    • Up x 1
  18. gualty

Hi Lupertza: There is a simple answer to your question:
    Nothing involving real money should be exclusive.
    Expecially weapons being "better than counterparts" (as descriptions says).
    This is dangerously close to a "pay to win" model.
    Give them early access to those weapons before putting them on the shop.
    Give them eraly access to camos before putting them on the shop.
    Give them SC.

It comes really too late as a truly refeerral system.

But nothing should be exclusive.
    Nothing.
    Really.
    Please.
    • Up x 3
  19. Bankrotas

Why why why this is not posted?

http://4.bp.************/-eszw344IOC4/URZNALfLEEI/AAAAAAAAAIc/W4lGmQ7h730/s320/ForeverAlone.png
    • Up x 2
  20. Van Dax

Friendship.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.