Remove the medic's self healing ability

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, Oct 30, 2013.

1. chrisbeebops

You should go play Battlefield 4, because you clearly have no idea how to play Planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mrasap

I am genuinely curious to hear what part of the medic's self heal you find overpowered.
  3. Teegeeack

An interesting argument. Well written and clearly fleshed out. A+.
  4. MFP_TK_01

Well actually yes, yes it is. I choose the more reliable heal any day over the bouncy ball.

And it's not self heal, it's an AOE heal.
    • Up x 1
  5. SolLeks

I end up running around with just my medic gun out all the time when I am playing medic (my main ground class). I would be a sad panda if self heal was taken away =(.
    • Up x 1
  6. KnightCole

Ikr, i use that as a quick heal for people I rez, seeing how i have heal gun 2 or 3 on my medic.
  7. KnightCole

Yeah, really...Medic heal is nothing to special. Its not like the HA shield. A full charge of it wont heal a medic the entire health bar. Its not real amazing.
    • Up x 3
  8. NinjaTurtle

I agree with the C4. That should be replaced by a small deployable med kit that heals allies standing next to it similar to how the ammunition pack gives ammo. The radius will be much smaller that that of an ammunition pack however and the effect would not stack with other packs in the area..... that would be OP as ****

As for the most offensive class with help from their self heal I disagree. It is nothing compared the the HA "I win shield"
  9. PapaMojo

But what no one is mentioning, is that a medic can AoE Heal *while* using a restoration kit *and* dropping a healing nade. That's like....three healing abilities at the same time. What other class can do that?
  10. AuntLou42

I rarely play medic and I disagree. There is nothing wrong with making a support class offensively effective. Not to mention engineers and Infiltrators benefit from their own support abilities. Would be very unfair to take this away from the medic.
    • Up x 2
  11. libbmaster

Okay, NO.

I am a combat MEDIC. I leap through enemy fire to revive people. I make a point to ignore my K/D just so I can save others. AND I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.

The healing grenade SUCKS. You want medic to be less all round offensive? I'M COOL WITH THAT. I'd rather not be the only "Real" medic in the room. So here. This is how we will do it:

-Keep Nano-regen's AoE, but remove it's ability to heal the user
    -Remove combat medic's ability to carry C4.

Happy?

Just don't make us rely on an single grenade for AoE healing.
  12. Zoner

PS1 had it even better (health and armor guns you could use on yourself), and it was 'even worse' from the OP's point of view.
  13. Traxiconn

How are medics better the HA at attacking? Overshield keeps me in play longer, but AoE (NOT SELF) heal is barely able to heal an even ratio of incoming damage. LMGs are better at murdering the hordes of enemy soilders, and RLs doe SO MUCH MORE to a tank the an UBGL.
  14. Kunavi

There are obviously stuff missing from the Medic class, as the Road-Map has made apparent. Even things that should replace what is there now(C4), likely. A Healing AOE device was a candidate for sure. Remember this is a Beta practically.
    • Up x 1
  15. Jogido

to be fair, your original post didn't construct much of an argument as It was mainly a statement of opinion.
  16. Bill Hicks

nice troll post, but we know that light assault needs to be nerfed more.
  17. chrisbeebops

Nerf Renegade Flash Shotgun please, its OP.
  18. Shanther

Nerf Beamer + Flashlight master race.
  19. Republican

What a nonsense. Ofcourse a medic should be able to heal himself. I never play medic but always think they are most selfless people in PS2. Angels of battlefield :)

I already feel bad if a medic dies trying to heal or revive me. Hell I sometimes feel sad even shooting enemy medics o_O
  20. MasterDemoman

>Medic better in combat than heavy assault
    >Medic better than heavy assault
    >Medic
    >Heavy assault
    >:eek:

Haha. No.