Remove Tech plants all together

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SavageB, Dec 14, 2012.

1. SavageB

Might as well with the dumbest base design I have seen since tech test...I gotta say, who ever decided to change the tech plant around, you need to take your head out of your !@#.

IMPOSSIBLE to defend..... As I predicted, even before i got to really fight around a Tech, the vehicles moved in....the spawn room was instantly camped with no way out... Silly devs...Tricks are for kids.

There was nooo problems with it before, heaven forbid it took some brains and coordination to take a tech plant...Now its turned into a complete joke.

Patience for this game grows less and less, you guys should really consider wtf you are doing. Sometimes I seriously question your motives.

For all of you trolls, troll on, Im paying customer, Im a premium member, im a long time vet, I have every right.
    • Up x 1
  2. newtis

what exactly did they change?
  3. forkyar

nope,your wrong,it was fine before the patch,and still is now,learn how to play.
  4. SavageB

If you dont see a problem with the current design you are lost and no nothing about tactical gameplay.
  5. Flarestar

They removed the teleporter from the spawn room to the interior, and put two generators outside in buildings.

Basically they turned the base into a campfest for attackers, while effectively ensuring that the defenders have no real chance at all.
  6. d1spatch

Yea they definitely ruined tech plants. Although I thought the interior of the base was sub-par, and could have benefited A LOT from adding a basement level and making the inside a bit more interesting.

Now, the base is terrible.
  7. SavageB

They really need to re work the tech plants, sub par base design imo. the spawn room should be the hardest thing to access.
  8. DeadlyShoe

/disagree. I've spent 5-6 hours around Tawrich Tech Plant since the patch and the fights have been really great so far. Certainly there's never been tank zerging the spawn. There's been a lot of infantry combat spread between the plant and all 3 outer towers, massive vehicle combat, and the canyons have been so full of Skyguards it might as well be the death star trench.

Skydock infantry fights were fun too~~
  9. Vendettta

Impossible to defend? Are you on crack? lol They are one of the easiest bases in the game to defend.
  10. SavageB

No it isnt, hows it the easiest base to defend now compared to the previous version? Have you played lately?
  11. Vendettta

Yeah I play everyday. Its simple really. If you're on Waterson, hop on and i'll show you how to defend it without any trouble. Everytime I have been in a fight to take a tech plant its always been a long battle and usually ends up with the defenders grenade/noobtube spamming from the top. Which is easy cert farming for them. The tech and bios are both easy to defend if you know wtf you're doing.
  12. rGlory

I agree with OP, Tech Plants were some of the seldom places, where infantry can play. Now it is eliminated. What is the next step, open biolab so airplanes could easily fly in?
    I also sometimes do not underrstand their motivation. Everything is focused on attack. But since everybody attack there is almost no defense, and attack becomes boring really fast.
  13. rGlory

What a silly argument lol. Next one will be that Crown is so popular to fight because of base design, not its location.
  14. VKhaun

I have a lot of fun in and around Tech Plants. They're big enough that you can get a sense of a front line and where the enemies are coming from, even though there are lots of ways to flank and get around on people. The new generator objectives feel really good, too. Not too many entrances.

I personally hate bio labs. They feel hyper chaotic with so many entrances changing hands all the time and all the buildings have at least three doors plus windows and many have balconies. It seems like all I do there is shoot someone in the back and get shot in the back over and over again. You can't get a good score once the fight is inside the dome without pitching a tent.
  15. Vendettta

TIP: Learn how to rush properly. Bio labs are a great place for rushers to rack up kills and certs.
  16. VKhaun

Doesn't work for me. Every building has five entrances. If you take the time to slice the pie you get shot in the back outside. If you don't and run inside you get shot to ****.