remove or nerf fire suppression

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dreyone, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Daigons

If only TIE Fighters had fire suppression. I LIVED!!!!!!

[IMG]
  2. dreyone

I didn't miss every shot. At least 90% of my rounds landed. We need to seriously stop pretending that fire suppression is OK in its current state. it really isn't and I am far from the only person saying this
  3. dreyone

They nerfed tomcats, which is a weapon I use regularly in one of my a2a loadouts. I didnt complain when this happened because I acknowledge there was some merit in player's complaints about the tomcats being far too easy to kill ESFs with. I let that slide.

Then they buffed fire suppression. That's not ok. You already nerfed the weapon that was most effective at countering something like that, why buff it after that? They badly unbalanced the airgame when they did this. I'm ok with the tomcat nerf provided they nerf fire suppression too. If they choose to buff fire suppression, then they need to bring back the original tomcats to balance it out. Its complete horse sh** that I unload all my rounds into an ESF and he survives with half his hp. thats complete and _utter_ bs
  4. dreyone

Like i'll be literally 5 meters behind an enemy esf. unload a whole mag of rotary cannon into their *** at point blank range and they don't die. How the **** is that balanced? please explain this logic to me
  5. Tankalishious

And right here, you reveal your lies and ********.
    ANY skilled player know what the rotary noseguns does point blank. A rotary nose gun(no matter fraction) point blank with mag extender ONE CLIPS ALL esf.
    What we can draw from this ******** thread is:
    1.Obiwanukenobi put the finger on the right spot. You are salty because you MISSED 90%of your shots and then got outplayed.
    2. You REALLY need to work on your ESF skills and aim, cause you obviously miss ALOT of shots.
    3. You need to accept the fact that you faced a superior player, and just suck it up.
    4. FS is perfectly fine as it is, and it sure as hell doesnt put someone into god mode, you just don't perform as well as you think and need to get your CoD ego checked.
    5. You use A2A lock ons, a trait that bad/mediocre ESF pilots exhibit, since its easymode but not very efficient, but still easier than aiming a nose gun. Skyknights will absolutely loathe you for it and just put you on their instakill list making the airgame even worse for you.

What server do you even play on? Sounds like emerald from your posts.
  6. dreyone

oh **** man you got me its a giant conspiracy. grab your tinfoil hat while you're at it
  7. BrbImAFK

If this is you, then your accuracy with the rotary is 30%, with the banshee is 32% and with the needler is 33%. I'm gonna go with the other dudes and say that you're just missing shots.
  8. dreyone

those stats dont mean anything in this game. they are counting whenever you fire a cannon, whether or not you're actually engaging an enemy target. It's also cumulative based on the entire lifetime of your account and not each individual engagement. It's basically a chaotic function result at this point
  9. Tankalishious

And not only missing shots, but really needs to put some practise into dodging enemy rounds. Having a lower accuracy can be to some degree negotiated by manouvering your ESF very well.
  10. Tankalishious

Conspiracy? What are you on about? Your posts show a clear lack of air vehicles and airgame.
    People point out facts and you then try to derail with non-related insults, just like Trump would do. I bet you even voted trump (if you can even vote)
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

If you hit 90% of your shots he couldn't use FS multiple times, there's just no way. Only time it's possible is when both pilots dodge and miss a lot of shots. If you can't take out 25-30% of his HP in 45 seconds you definitely miss most of your bullets.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ziggurat8

I don't think fire suppression is overpowered. I think the alternatives are rubbish. There is really only 1 choice if you're flying an ESF. They need to buff the other abilities to FS levels of usefulness. Not nerf FS.

BTW, using FS 3 times means the engagement lasted a minimum of 90 secs. It takes less than 10 seconds to kill another ESF at any range with any nose gun if you land 90% of your hits. FS could extend that to about 13 seconds at most, again assuming you're landing 90%.

Even that is being generous. Most engagements a 90% hit rate means you only have to reload once and would have killed your opponent in less than 5 seconds. Unless you're only shooting once per second, single tapping the trigger. Then you might have a 90% hit rate and a TTK of 90 seconds...lol...
  13. dreyone

Do you not know how to read? Is one of the requirements for being a toxic forum user total lack of reading comprehension skills?

Let's see what I wrote in response to
    BrbImAFK's ******** allegations

Apparently tankalishious struggled badly with basic reading comprehension in elementary school and never quite caught up to the rest of the kids in his class

There is a way, its called chinese and korean high latency cancer teleporting all over the place with their 2000ms + ping time and spamming fire suppression every chance they get. Continued denial of this ongoing problem is ludicrous and absurd, and a major symptom of the toxic, malignant tumor that has taken hold of the ps2 forums

You just contradicted yourself. You claim fire suppression is not overpowered and in the same paragraph point out t hat all other equipment that goes in that slot is "Rubbish". That by definition, make ESF fire suppression overpowered. The rest of the equipment serves as a baseline. IF the rest of the equipment in the game is far less potent, then fire suppression needs to be reduced in potency to match it.

Honestly its getting really annoying seeing people hop in here defending fire suppression and repeatedly telling me how im such a abd pilot when all of them are crap pilots who use fire suppression and cant land a round worth ****. I consistently land more hits on ESFs than all of these dudes, but im the bad pilot ebcause I choose not to use fire suppression and **** up the game by contributing to the cancer pile that is the current state of the meta in this game
  14. OldMaster80

Not really. With auto repair you slowly regenerate hp unless you don't take any damage for some time. But if you are on fire you also take damage over time. The two do not fully compensate so in the end with auto repair you still explode, it just takes longer.

The purpose of FS was to prevent the vehicle from exploding once is on fire. It turned into a fast repair and combat booster. It's like a resto-kit for vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  15. dreyone

Nanite auto repair is very well balanced equipment. I use it on my ESF load out and it works nicely. The rate of repair is slow and it ONLY kicks in if you can keep out of combat. It immediately stops repairing as soon as you take damage. This is far more balanced than fire suppression by an almost incomprehensibly massive margin.

When I take a bunch of damage in a fight I hit the deck and full burn it out of there. I use that opportunity to RTB and rearm if im low on ammo and the nanite auto repair repairs me automatically while that happens, so I am automatically repaired in-flight instead of having to land and repair myself manually. By the time I return to combat I have my HP back.

It takes much longer for me to get my HP back than the kid using fire suppression due to the nature of how nanite-auto repair works (only when you're out of combat). Fire suppression should have been modeled similarly to this, and only be usable when out of combat or when the ESF is actually on fire, but amazingly it never occurred to daybreak that giving pilots a magical godmode button would unbalance the game.

Meanwhile we have people like ObiVanuKenobi making absurd remarks like this:

I guess if daybreak added an ESF weapon that let you kill on any player and kill them instantly with one shot and no bullet drop, ObiVanuKenobi would also consider any pilot that uses this weapon to be "skilled" because choosing any balanced weapon would be an unskilled choice! I mean jesus, you can't make this stuff up man. These guys are intoxicated by this delusion that PS2 is somehow a balanced and fair game that they don't even realize how crazy they sound saying stuff like this
  16. OldMaster80

FS on ESF has been buffed eons ago. It's simply more powerful than the ground version.

It's part of the devs vision to make flying more accessible to new players. Like Engagement Radar by default, Afterburner by default, nerfed flak turrets etc.

From this point of view it does exactly what devs wanted: it makes ESF more survivable.

There is only one piece missing in this puzzle: players still lack a real powerful g2a option, something that is not just a deterrent.
  17. SixNineFour

BS.
    Only Ejection System is useless utility for ESF. I haven't seen that used in ages. Not since drifters were added now that I think about it. Safe Fall and LA really make that kinda useless, but I see the other utilities regularly on Cobalt.
  18. Tankalishious

Sorting to personal attacks when experienced pilots point out the flaws in your claims is not exactly productive dude.

Claims in your story doesn't add upp.

1. I said if you are good at manouvring, a lower hit% can be negotiated by this. Meaning, you might not land so many shots, but you dodge alot of shots. Is a potential compliment to you flying skills. Im perfectly aware that hit% is accumulated over char time. But it still gives an indicator.

2. 2000 ms is 2 seconds. It doesn't give them time to spam their FS as you claim.

3. Your dogfighting time hits on the pluss side 90 seconds.(3 FS bursts according to you) NINETY SECONDS . Wtf are you doing?

4."if i take alot of dmg i hit the deck and full burn outta there". That stupid manouver gets you killed, EXTREMELY fast if you are facing anything above a mediocre pilot.
    5. Nanite auto rep is not meant to be an in and out of combat repair. If you can use it as that, to dart in and out of combat or dodge enemy rounds SO LONG that the delayed auto rep kicks in and gets some repair time going, you are facing extraordinarily bad pilots. Auto rep is for K/D padders that fly as LA and plays bailoutside 2 when they start to burn they bail to try to save their K/D. They cant land so they depend on killing before they are set ablaze.

6. FS is balanced and working as intended, and you should use it.

7. What server are you on? If you dont want to disclose that, ill do some digging, find your toon, create a char on your server and come stomp your *** without FS on my esf, while using the stock gun. That should cut the things you can complain about with around 90%.

8. You sound like some kid that became good in your previous game, then can't face the fact that you get absolutely stomped in PS2. SO...you will grasp at anything you can to make excuses for your performance.

9. If this lag decease you claim asians are doing is so powerful, make a char on cobalt server and come face the best pilots in the game. Cause from how you project yourself, you should fit in here.
  19. Tankalishious

Great, a connery pilot, cyas soon dude. Do you prefer to fight scythe or reavers in your mossie?
  20. dreyone

Its a completely meaningless number that isnt an indicator of anything. A person can easily sit in WG and spam rounds all day shooting at stationary targets on the shooting range and end up with a massively low accuracy rating despite having perfect accuracy when actually fighting enemies.

Again, clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I'm just gonna let you re-read what I actually wrote and perhaps you'll realize your error here.

I said their ping time is 2000ms, that means that it takes 2 seconds for their position to update in-game, meaning that you'll be aiming at them and then a second later they're behind you and you're already dead from rounds they fired before you even realized they were firing at you. This has ****-all to do with what I said about fire suppression, which is that they spam it EVERY OPPORTUNITY THEY GET. Please learn to ******* read dude. This is getting really tiresome having to paraphrase my posts for you so you can actually comprehend what I said.

These guys immediately fly back to their squad or start doing circles around bases with landing pads flying underneath the landing pads, greatly reducing the time window in which you actually have a shot on them. I continue engaging them even when they do this and have on some occasions successfully shot them down despite the FS spam, but its difficult when they're doing the old circle-and-spam-fs routine

That "stupid" manuever has saved my *** more times than I can count. Clearly you dont know anything about the airgame in PS2. Obviously someones never heard of high cap fuel tanks and racer airframe on a mossy

Actually thats exactly what its meant for and you dont know what you're talking about. IIRC It even mentioned that in the official description for the equipment.

no, its not balanced. EVERY pilot except me uses it. I will not try it because I have no interest in contributing to your little cancer pile. Its overpowered and is in desperate need of a nerf. It has completely unbalanced the airgame and any person with even 1/3rd of a brain realizes this if they've ever actually done any serious dog fighting in the game. The only people defending fire suppression are all the ESF pilots (aka almost everyone, especially the chinese and koreans) who (ab)use it for god mode. This is an indisputable fact and when you have almost everyone using this instead of the other options in the slot, its a very CLEAR RED FLAG thtat the item is overpowered and needs a nerf.

That is irrelevant because the game is literally so broken now with the last update that it wont even launch half the time, and when it does every action takes 30 seconds to happen after pressing the key to trigger it so i am likely not going to be playing again any time soon until daybreak fix this which is also unlikely to happen as they're more interested in rolling out useless NS weapons and breaking the game more than fixing actual bugs

You sound like a kid projecting their own problems onto others. This is evidenced by your elementary school grade level reading comprehension skills and infantile ad-hominem attacks in response to legitimate criticism of the game. I'm probably old enough to be your father. Literally.

im not going to abandon the account i spent literally 3 years building up on connery to play on another server because daybreak ****** up the game so badly that its unplayable now. For what its worth, I doubt cobalt is doing any better right now. Its probably full of ****ter noobs just like connery is