[Suggestion] Remove engineers barriers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Random05, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Random05

This is so frustrating, some players who just dont know about the game or want to troll put them in places that cause the allies to die because they cant jump in time or they dont notice an engineer behind them puting a barrier right in the moment they have to take cover after firing the enemy.
  2. OldMaster80

They could do that even with the MANA turret...
  3. DeadAlive99

You can get around turrets pretty easily most of the time, though, and most people don't put turrets right in the doorway; they put them back a little ways for extra cover.

I've seen this being a little bit of a problem, but not a big deal so far. I may change my mind later if I start dying a lot to it.

Another option they have is to make it a 2 way shield instead of a wall, so it blocks fire both ways, but players pass through it. Although, then you lose the ability to block the enemy path in doors and slow them down, as well as blocking certain vehicles like flashes, or what have you. For a shield, I would still have solid top corners so players can still us it as a step to get on top of other things.

Honestly, they should add in the 2 way shield along with the wall we have now, and then more players will choose the shield for doorways. That should be easy enough, since the object is already designed, just needs a little alteration.
  4. T.A.94

The deployalbe cover is all right.
    Players learn how to use them effectivly but there always will be the trolls amog us
  5. DeadlyOmen

Perhaps there should be a Situational Awareness lattice.