[Suggestion] Remove Continent locking!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Apr 20, 2017.

1. TR5L4Y3R

agreed
    a continent that has one side with 15 vp's should no longer get an alert imo
  2. DeadlyOmen

The pop drop may be because people were seeing the alert through before logging.

I think that all but one continent should be locked, and population limits be raised. That would give Hossin some action.
    • Up x 2
  3. LordKrelas

So the entire point is to cherry pick a bonus...
    And the battle keeps going, without any need to use any continent beyond that one.
    Need a different bonus? Ah, why for, pick the best one for the most popular map.

Hives already make 20 easy.
    40 means, Hive have more time to put anyone who focused on Hives, the ability to grow their irremovable VPs to whatever level they like.
    At present, you can literally have 15 VPs: 2 for the most hives, 3 VPs for 7 hives, just wait long enough and you'll have 5 VPs, mass grab some land, that finishes it off.
    40 VPs? Hive longer, and it'll be reached.
    Whomever focused on Hives solely, will be able to just grow their VPs, when someone gets close, they'd just have to zerg the sods down until the opponent isn't close anymore.
    Then just wait it out again Hiving.

Sure, I have no problem with 40 VPs, to make it a bit longer at least.
    But Hives will be even worse - Since they will provide infinite VPs, and irremovable ones, the Hivers will provide their side with a higher base VP value than 0, so they just keep rising.
    IE imagine fighting a side, that has 10-20 VPs, that's 50% - that's 50% of the cap work already done, and can't be lost.
    Anyone falling behind presently, can drop the opposing VPs quick unless they are Hive VPs.
    At 40 VPs, in all likely hood most are going to be Hives, if that side wants to win - As it will take more time to get 40.
    Since Hives are enhanced by time active, and Hive VPs only grow - It's in their literal favor.
    • Up x 1
  4. Trokari

Well, don't really want to argue over facts here. I'm watching the continent lock aftereffects as we speak. Nice populated fight in Esamir turned into two nearly dead continents 15 minutes later. Few minor skirmishes here n there which will prolly wither away soon aswell.

Sure, DBG can keep the continent lock, watch their game churn less profit and slowly drive frustrated players away.
    • Up x 1
  5. LordKrelas

Did you notice the grand number of Hives?
    Or did you only notice the locks?
  6. Rendezvous

Just had a number of good fights on Amerish - battles consisted of 48-96 players on all sides participating in four bases. Continent locked and the choice was between Indar and Hossin. The choice was Indar of course with a few new players not knowing where to go next and Hossin fans warping to Hossin.

Decided to try and immediately join in on Indar and get rolling. Fights were 1-12 for 30 minutes. As of right now, the biggest fight is near The Crown. TR has 24-48, VS has 12-24, and NC has 12-24. Continent locking really hurts prime time and the game in general. There's no reason to continue playing for another hour or so after continent locks - fights are much harder to find at the next continent. If I wanted to play small, competitive matches with no more than 10 players, I open matchmaking first-person shooters. When I open PlanetSide 2, I want to see at least 48+ players on each side, as many others do I'd hope.

Please change continent locking at least.
    • Up x 2
  7. Rendezvous

Prime time Emerald. After NC locked a Esamir, the game received a 10.5% drop in player population and took 40 minutes to reach the same amount of players seen before the continent locked.

[IMG] [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 2