[Suggestion] Remove cloak sound

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by raidneq, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Imp C Bravo

I have no problem hearing any of the infiltrator cloaks. They are much easier to hear than the LA jetpacks. But then again -- I think you should be able to hear infiltrator cloaks. No sound removal please...
  2. Iridar51

I have to agree that cloak is the weakest class ability in the game, overloaded with bugs and downsides.
    I also admit that hearing infiltrators is much, much easier than hearing flying Light Assaults, though I don't consider it to be an issue, since you can actually see the LA while he's flying.

Cloak is definitely underpowered and needs some love. But I don't think straight up removing the sound is the way to go.

The problem with cloak is that it tries to work at the same time for two completely different playstyles. In sniping, it's working exactly as it should. But becomes a really poor option for CQC infiltrators. Perhaps, CQC infils should default to Nanite Armor Cloaking, and use it not to infiltrate, but to slip away from an unfavorable situations.

But I do believe there needs to be something special for those surprise CQC attacks. Maybe a type of cloak that emits a loud sound upon cloaking, but very low sound when decloaking, and has the same medium visibility for all stances.
  3. Ximaster

I vote for no,for not remove cloak sound. The cloak sound can be a lure for attract enemy for an ambush,or for beign enemy starting to think: "hey there are an infiltrator around here,i must be careful"
  4. pnkdth

My solution: Double/Triple the duration of all cloaks. Keep it as it is though the nano-cloak cloak needs so serious work. Giving a class with the least effective health a resist shield cloak... Great thinking there.

My reasons why:
    1. Don't have to go in and out of cloak -> Less noise but still works as a warning for CQC.
    2. Let's the primary stealth class actually use their cloak to conceal their approach rather than cloak-decloak-cloak-decloak, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Unless there is a massive battle going on EVERYONE will know there's an infiltrator coming and EXACTLY from what position. Wow, very sneaky, such stealth...
    3. Deep cloak can actually be used with other cloaks other than the Stalker to get out of a really bad situation... Or at the very least, do more than just delaying the inevitable for 2-3 seconds... Stalker would still be the king of the hill.
    4. The short duration isn't stealth, it is concealment, so why is the duration so bloody short?