Remeber this game we used to play...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Qu4dDmg, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Steppa

Was BF1942 or Tribes 1/2 persistent? Was it built on MMO infrastructure? No. They were twitch games designed for match play on small maps. Neither, even Tribes 2, had the scope and grandeur of Planetside. Was it completely original? Nope...because guns and tanks and buildings and VTOLs all existed prior. But was it a groundbreaking game? Yep.

I'm not disparaging either the BF series (which I played a ******** of) or the Tribes series (I have a Starsiege tat). But neither of them allowed you to participate in a war. They were just battles.
  2. Akrasjel

PS1 is still there mate go play it lol
  3. Tuco

ugh
  4. Metran

*glug glug glug glug glug*.......
  5. Steppa

Are you always as erudite?
  6. Arcanum

PS1 is going F2P in 2013. I don't know if you're going to like whatever microtransaction schemes they will be doing, but I think the game doesn't look that bad from the videos I've seen.
  7. d1spatch

Honestly the base designs are like something I came up with when I was 6 playing with lincoln logs and buildings blocks.
  8. Arcanum

Some guy said in the other thread that the devs in his outfit said the engine wasn't built well and doesn't support some map features well at the moment, such as underground rooms.
  9. bPostal

Make the ground, put a base on the ground, put hills around/on top of the base, cut holes for the entrance.
    It's gotta be harder than that but...come on
  10. Metran

11. Steppa

If you're going to use snark, use it properly :)
  12. Metran

To be fair, you did only use it once...
  13. Steppa

Exactly...though you'd also have to point out how it was used improperly that one time to complete my shame.
  14. Qu4dDmg

the game might be there, but the people, foundation, and fun are not.