Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Root

Let's not forget the people with AT lock on launchers. Sneak up on a tank, aim your AT lock on launcher at its butt, and oh crap you shoulda brought the default launcher. No matter, maybe the driver won't notice that he's being locked on to. This just seems very ill-conceived and shortsighted.
    • Up x 3
  2. Teribad

I can deal with that answer :p. That was never the main purpose for it though. I sadly cant say I feel your pain. It was terrible weapon to begin with. Had it in beta, never felt the need to waste certs on it in retail.

This is a little different. Are you saying if you are playing a different MMO, like say EVE and they nerf a weapon. Are you going to ask for you $15 month fee back? He paid money to buy Station Cash, which SOE provided.
  3. Spookydodger

How so? Your G2A Missle Launcher doesn't affect the way your Pistol works.

We're talking about an individual item. If the scope no longer zoomed but gave you IR, then yes there would be reason for a refund, it no longer does what it was supposed to do.

A real world example of "functionality being reduced" was when the PS3 (PS2?) had the ability to run other OSes and then they removed that with a firmware update. Did it suck? Yes. Did the system still do what its original design purpose was? Yes. If on the side of the box it said "Runs other OSes" and then it didn't, then you might have a case for e refund.

As it is, the G2A missile launcher is still effective (more effective) at air.

I would rather they not take out the dumb fire mode than get a refund for the weapon. It's still going to be an effective weapon.
  4. Primacy

No it was lock-on AND dumb fire. Now it's just lock-on with improvements to its ability to lock on. If it's true that people went ahead an purchased it because it performed 2 functions and now due to a balance adjustment performs 1 function, there is every reason for the buyer to be upset. I'm such a buyer.

Entitled? That's something else. I knew every risk in purchasing and frankly I don't care about the money. If you buy a digital item you're already over a threshold of wasteful spending. BUT, on principle, it is good business and mutually liberating for SOE to get in front of this and offer specific functionality to the customer that provides the opportunity to refund some portion IF SOE decides that they want to make a big enough change to something that has been previously purchased.

I won't whine, and I knew the risk. Now, having been stung, I will admit that I'm far less likely to buy something.
    • Up x 4
  5. Primacy

If they cared enough to purchase it in the first place I imagine they care enough to be upset (whine) that it fundamentally changed. BTW, I agree with the change...it never should have had dumb fire in the first place...but that was the functionality they sold. Like me, I'm sure others moved forward on the purchase decision based on the multiple functions. It was a good deal. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.
    • Up x 2
  6. Zenox

I agree you should get a refund if they've changed it that much or at least the cert equivalent, but as for the weapon itself I don't really see what the issue is, lock on weapons in general across the board are massively nubbish already and if I had my way I would replace them all with fly by wire.
  7. Olek

The devs have made it clear from the begining that balance changes will continue for some time, this means nerfs and buffs, somebody is always going to complain, get over it, next time it may be in your favour, and lets see if then you argue for the injustice to the other players.
  8. Salaman

TBH I got more kills using dumbfire mode on infantry and ground vehicles than air vehicles (where often using it in an AA function resulting in me getting rocket podded by the same plane I was targeting who didn't give a **** I was shooting missiles at him).

So yea, I'm pretty upset at the news of this change and will definitely be making a support ticket requesting a refund in SC or Certs once it goes through. If that gets denied, I'm not spending anything else on this game and will definitely steer people away from spending any money on weapons because of this policy.
  9. Drunkenhero

Oh SNAPZ I nED RFUNDZ ON DIZ PLOX1! Growup, the changes will be fine.
  10. Root

Grow up? Care to explain the correlation between having an opinion and childishness? I'm probably asking a bit much with that given your post.
    • Up x 2
  11. Cyridius

Hey, if the OP is happy giving away the weapon he bought I don't see the problem. I think it wont work because the description says nothing about dumbfire AV mode. You got exactly what you payed for and nothing that was there in the description when you bought it was removed.

Furthermore you technically didn't purchase the Rocket Launcher. You purchased SC.
    Tough ****, eh?
  12. Vladimer

It is sad what this world has come to
  13. Lowerydro

So funny how many people are willing to say "Hey, you bought something and it changed, SO **** YOU BUDDY FOR PUTTING MONEY INTO THE GAME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it would take a SOE dev about 10 minutes to write a short script to pull the AA rocket from people that bought it, give them their 1000 certs (no SC refunds needed) and then pop a short login message up for them to see.... just do it when the patch goes live.

Arguing that they SHOULDN'T do this just because of whatever moronic reason people are coming up with is just pure ********. Take the few minutes to make customers happy when you make core changes to items you sold.
  14. Metsuro

No where in the description says its Air only. IT does say when used on air targets, it uses lock on technology for the kill.

It does not say anywhere it ONLY uses lock on technology to fire the rocket. Not even real life variations of AA rockets that lock on and fly themselves can only be fired with a lock on. That would be a terrible idea.
    • Up x 1
  15. MexelVanMexelen

The sad thing is that from a pure gameplay perspective, I agree that this is a typical change you might see in a game. What is teeing people off is that a weapon that only 2 weeks ago at launch had a value to them of 700 SC, and worked the same as it had for 3 months in Beta. Removing the dumb fire mode clearly reduces the value of the weapon. So at the very least a partial refund based on the difference between 700 SC and the new value of the weapon is clearly warranted.

Also, linking the removal of dumb fire mode from paid-for weapons and IN THE SAME BREATH adding new paid-for dumb fire weapons is pouring petrol on the flames. Sorry, no refund - no more money for PS2 from my wallet. End of.
    • Up x 2
  16. CronN

You can always get the basic rocket launcher if you want dumb fire, Every HA has it.
  17. MexelVanMexelen

That is correct. But part of the value package for the lock on was that I got a weaker dumb fire for situational use. That option has been removed. The value of the lock on launcher has been clearly damaged. That warrants at least a refund of the difference between the old and new value. Simple fair play, that's all I'm asking for. I paid SC in good faith, and I expect SOE to behave honourably in this matter. Not like a bunch of money-grabbing fools.
  18. CronN

If they lowered the price it would be a different story, but the price is still the same.
  19. Naberius13

So let me get this straight. You want the weapon that does the most damage, but you were using the AA to dumb fire at things. To quote Titus, get off your cross, build a bridge with it and get over it. This AA change is a flat out, clear upgrade to the old AA weapon. I already rotated between the three Rockets depending on the situation anyway, this just means that I can't use the Hawk in a pinch situation anymore, it also means I might actually invest in AT Grenades for that 'just in case' thing. Fun fact though, most AA Launchers won't fire without a lock on. Stinger, SA7 and so on.

Actually yes, yes they do stop you from firing without a lock. That's a key feature of the Stinger and multiple other shoulder mounted launchers designed to stop Air power. The reason being that the warhead in the launcher has a specific target to look for and doesn't feature fragmentation or AT loadouts. Just because video games and Hollywood think otherwise, a missile launcher doesn't always work on every target.
  20. Salaman

You mean the one that flies like a thrown brick and has a terrible iron sight that prevents you from compensating for the drop in any reliable fashion? No thanks. I paid for the AA launcher and everything that came with it and now some of that's being taken away with no recompense for this change.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.