Reduce the Liberator's resistance against C4 already.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Reclaimer77

Sounds good to me. Let's! :p

Seriously that post was just dumb. Grab a AV launcher? Have you ever shot a full-health Liberator with one of those things? It takes FOREVER. It's perfectly acceptable for someone to assume a FLYING VEHICLE could be destroyed by C-4. The fact that the Liberator is MORE durable than an MBT is just ridiculous.

Not only did they buff it's resistance to C-4. But they also did the same with MBT main cannons! Now honestly, come on. If you manage to get hit by one of those, you should absolutely DIE.
  2. FateJH

The AV launchers have specific resistances tailored for their use against aircraft when fired as an air lock-on and do lower base damage if fired in dumbfire mode. I specified the actual dumbfires launchers because they all have much better damage and multipliers against Liberators, and it's not like the Liberator was going anywhere fast for the guy.
    It would only take three dumbfire rockets from full health.
    It's also perfectly acceptable to think that there are things that are better at dealing with attempts at penetration damage.
    On that, however, I will agree with you.
    And, thus, the external debate continues.
  3. Taemien

I didnt' realize a 6-12 man group is considered a zergfit these days. You all are soloing way too much if that's the case.

You got 15 Vanguards? /golfclap

How many bases did you take? One?
  4. Gundem

I've seen a lot of good discussion here, some not as good, and I think it's time I brought some light to my reasoning.

So on a first quick note, I actually agree with a single brick only taking a Liberator to burning. It's hard as hell to land a burning Liberator, and perhaps it could even encourage some AI Liberators to run FS rather then Afterburners. Have FS? Maybe you will survive, assuming no HMG's/Flak are remotely near you. No FS? Better pray to the RNGods that you don't explode on landing, and hope that you will be able to rep it in time.

Secondly, which I think more closely relates to the issue at hand, is the actual relevance of LA's as anti-Liberator tools.

The way I see it, there is only one situation a Liberator should get C4'd in, and that is when they are mindlessly AI farming a base. Only in AI work does a Liberator sit still enough for a LA to reach it, whether flying from below or drifting from above. Any AV Liberator should be moving constantly, so frankly I doubt I'd ever even notice such a change.

Basically, the only thing I could foresee this possibly effecting the airgame meta, is against blatantly incompetent pilots. Again, in AI work, a smart Liberator is going to be moving around a lot, so it will be highly unlikely for LA's to reach them as well.

Even if LA's started actively hunting Liberators, they would have no where near the effectiveness of hunting Tanks. Liberators can accelerate to the top-speed of most land-vehicles with the tap of the "W" key. They can move on all three axis of movement. They have way better visual awareness then tanks.

So in the end, really this changes nothing. But it makes the experience of the LA a lot more special, when you get that rare but oh-so sweet Liberator kill with C4 because it hovered in place like a moron. Which is why I see no issue in this change, as the consequences are quite minimal yet the experience is vastly improved.

And finally, if somehow it became such an issue for AI Liberators, maybe they just need to L2P? Even when doing AI work, I have never been C4'd. LA's have tried to reach me, but a little awareness goes a long way. Just don't hover in place like a fool. Frankly, the chance of Liberators getting Deci'd is greater then the issue of C4. They both rely on a Liberator hovering in place at close range, but your far more likely to score a Deci hit then reach it with a brick of C4, yet you'd deserve them both equally.
  5. Reclaimer77

You're a mindless zerger if you think the only way to actually aid your empire is throwing yourself at a control point. Taking out force multipliers is JUST as important depending on the situation.
  6. Taemien

I was wondering when I could pull this out in PS2, but it applies to you:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1