Reduce the Liberator's resistance against C4 already.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jubikus

its a health problem the thing about C4 and why it kills vehicles is because it ignores armor the liberator simply has too much health to be killed by even 2 bricks of C4 and the case where you can manage to get 2 bricks on a liberator is rare.
    • Up x 1
  2. Savadrin

For that matter, they could make EMP Flak, but without the dakka :D

OK, that's pushing it, but LONG LIVE EMP
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

haha touche ;)
    well to be fair it was only once XD

there are loads of things that need dev attention i don't think C4ing flying vehicles is really one of them :D
  4. Imp C Bravo

Libs and LAs are rarely in a position to affect each other. Is it a nerf? Sure. Will it affect Lib power or LA power? Not at all. Is it a good idea? Yes. Should you have worded the OP differently to not make it look like you are proposing a nerf? Yes. Why? Because biased players will take it as a pilot attempt to pretend they are trying to get perceived air/ground combat imbalances in check without actually doing so.

You gotta plan for biased people.
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

Well as non-lethal AA and AV the addition of an anti-vehicle/air EMP weapon wouldn't be amiss.
    That means: The EMP shuts down HUD, radar, scopes and abilities. This makes ESF instantly highly vulnerable because they don't have access to their clearvision scope, afterburner and fire suppression.
    Another option is to reduce speed and maneuverability with another type of EMP or whatever you want to call it (goo grenade?) and you can use it against tanks to keep them from escaping/attacking too easily and against aircraft to mess up their attack and escape, giving them higher chances to ram the scenery or miss their targets.

These weapons would be useful on any unit type. Aircraft with a secondary goo-launcher? Hit an enemy aircraft to make them easier targets, or shoot it at the ground to slow down a tank or maybe some infantry. Use EMP? Have an easier time attacking your enemy, who'll be out of afterburner fuel from the moment you hit him.
    On a tank? Great to make aircraft think twice of coming near you, also a wonderful tool to prevent Vanguards using their shields, Magriders using their afterburner or Prowlers to move in or out of anchor mode.
    On infantry? Does that even need explaining?

I think that every single unit and class, no matter if it's LA, Infil, Medic, MBT, Harasser, ESF, Liberator, Valkyrie or even the damn Flash should have an effective AA/AI/AV weapon available. A lot of these could be non-lethal options that help other people fight those targets and help you escape them, rather than heavy damage weapons meant to kill them (or in ground AA's case just scare them off).
  6. AZAN

Seems pretty simple to go after libs to me, just do the same trick engineers and infiltrators already do. Go to a landing pad and wait. It would be unbelievably easy for a LA to simply sit on top of a tower and wait for a lib to come to one of the pads, fly above, drop C4, nice 800+ XP with no risk.

With C4 you can even drop it and head back to the top of the tower and wait for the lib to take off guaranteeing you get the player kills as well.

So yeah it's probably not worth changing to encourage that sort of thing. It's already bad enough that they made turrets regenerate so you can never stop infiltrators from doing it (especially on tech plants).
  7. freeAmerish

No.
    Liberator let´s say is the flying equivalent of a MBT.

And what is the next step on this road? Destroying everything with one C4? Definitely no.
  8. Nehlis

2 bricks should kill a liberator, but honestly there's no real rush to fix this, since most of the time airborne units are generally out of reach of C4 anyways and landed units are typically far from any C4 saboteur.
  9. Dirge

Under that logic 2 should kill it.
    • Up x 2
  10. WeRelic

I'll vote yes on this, just because I'm already chuckling about the sight of LA filled Valks hunting down Libs.

Even as a pilot, if you C4 me, I messed up pretty bad.
    • Up x 2
  11. 1Tap2Tap

I encountered that yesterday for the first time (I don´t play LA that much).

I solocapped a VS base on Hossin at night as an SMG Infil to help conquer Hossin for the NC.

Shortly before the cap, a Liberator showed up and landed on the rooftop of the cap point building.

I cyclone´d the two guys that jumped out and a few secs later the base capped, which left the Lib empty and undefended on the roof.

I ran to a nearby infantry terminal, switched to LA (foolishly thinking 2 C4 would be enough to destroy it), returned to the lib, attached 2x C4 and pushed the detonator.

After realizing the Lib did not just survive, but wasn´t even burning, my face went :eek:.

It really seems a little bit much, 2 bricks should do the trick similar to MBTs.

Maybe add some negative resistance values against C4?
    • Up x 1
  12. FateJH

Why not just grab your dumbfire rocket launcher? Were it from full health, same number of "shots" as C-4 and no resources used.
  13. Reclaimer77

Let's just all play HA. Right, good point.
  14. Taemien

I don't like the idea of C4 killing libs with one brick. We already have LA's running after tanks like little jihadi martyrs and act like they are somehow relevant in a fight. They're not. They are some of the most useless players to a team. Thankfully I've convinced most of my teammates (outfit and friends) to knock it off months ago. Used to hate hearing the moaning and b-tching when they don't succeed and we're in the base trying to take a point.

All this would do is entice players to grab ESF's and try to float above a Lib and C4 them. Then come on here like little martyrs saying how 'hard' it is to pull off when some Lib pilot moans about getting C4'd. Its just stupid. We've already got useless tankers complaining about it. We don't need useless pilots doing the same.

Light Assaults are already in a bad spot. Lets not make them worse by having their players do stupid sh-t.
  15. FateJH

One could easily just jab back "Let's just use C-4 against everything."
  16. Littleman

All of us playing HA is more reasonable. Most of us are already doing it.

The thing the OP doesn't realize is that a vehicle or infantry can't have a resistance to any one specific thing. Damage is done in tiers. Infantry armor and small arms are "tier 1." Tier 1 does full damage to tier 1 armor, but less damage to tier 2, and at a certain tier it does zero damage because DGC said so. It's why the basilisks say they'll do X damage, and do that damage to infantry, but deal less damage towards tanks, while a bonafide rocket launcher will do the damage it says to both infantry and tanks.

C4 is among the higher tiers of damage if I were to hazard a guess. The damage output could be dropped, or the tiers could be dropped, but then that buffs the survivability of more than just the liberator.

On top of this, it is in DGC's power to adjust flat out resistance to damage TYPES, as is done with the MAX, which has 2000 health, but a built in 80% ballistics resistance and some amount of built in flak. (still tier 1 armor I imagine, so everything otherwise does "full" damage.) The Liberator becoming more resistant to C4 would also mean becoming more resistant to flak and rockets. It would have to take a hit in total health or even become more vulnerable to ballistics dropping enough tiers in armor) to compensate. At that point, direct hits from flak and shells would totally annihilate it. If it becomes vulnerable to small arms, it'll be an even bigger world of hurt, since newbies don't mind taking potshots at slow, lumbering aircraft and armor, even if they don't understand they're doing nothing to it.

So yes, the OP (and supporters) will just have to eat the very rare and very occasional C4 death. Like tanks, stop hovering <30m from whatever the hell it is you're farming and keep moving. PROBLEM. SOLVED. You will be killed on occasion, even in BS ways (infantry live and die by the BS.) Get over it.
  17. FateJH

I'm not confident that you know what you're talking about too much, or perhaps you are giving too much credulity to Forumside's use of the terminology "light armor" and "heavy armor" as if they were functional game mechanics?

Further down you do reference the resistance tables so you do know how damage is calculated. I just don't know whence this "tier" terminology or distinction arises.
  18. Littleman

It's old information I do recall reading about. You just provided me with resources towards damages in another thread (a wiki, but then mine wasn't any more credible, and I can't even find it.)

Either way, I'm still of the opinion the OP (and supporters) should just get over it.
  19. 1Tap2Tap

I also could have pulled an Engineer with AV-Mana-Turret, I know that.

It was a situational thing, there was a big tree between the room with the terminal and the cap point building so I needed to get back onto the roof again to damage the Lib.

I feared the guys would pull a new Lib, which would have made the one on the roof disappear, therefore I wanted to be as quick as possible.

Also I "need" C4 kills for the ingame Directive.

All things combined and thinking 2xC4 would do it, LA was the obvious choice in that situation.
  20. Reclaimer77

Uhhh the second night I ran with Bakka ops I personally killed 15 Vanguards. The total number for our whole squad? I have no idea. But it had to be just massive. Also we took out key Sunderers and other support vehicles en-mass.

Useless? Your bias is showing. The Nanite cost alone Light Assault players can inflict on enemy armor certainly can make an impact on the enemies ability to zerg your faction with vehicles.

Your post only amplifies everything wrong with the Light Assault class and how zergfits like you fail to think outside of the box and utilize all the tools at your disposal. "Grab HA and Max's and fight for the point"....Jesus kid, doesn't that ever get boring to you?