RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 52

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]

Note the date for the next show is 12/20/2013. ;)

Friday Night Ops - Episode 52

Where:

When: 12/20/2013 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: TBD
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @PlanetSide2, and @PurrfectStorm

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
  2. JorgeSarcos

Code doesnt work :p
  3. Luperza Community Manager

Should work. Did you type it in properly? (You can copy pasta. :) )
  4. JorgeSarcos

Nope...

[IMG]

Is all i get, relogged 3 times already... (Copy pasting btw)
  5. JorgeSarcos

Also it cant be activated trough website either...

[IMG]
  6. Luperza Community Manager

Thanks JorgeSarcos! I'll remove it from this post and get Dev to check into the code issue. :)
  7. Shadestorm

Are you streaming right now? Because I would like to watch, but it appears you are offline and it is an hour and 13 mins past stream start time. Thanks!
  8. blueangleofdeath

I have a feeling that this will become pretty crazy!! If there is time I think it would be cool to have everybody sing jingle bells or something lol.
    • Up x 1
  9. JorgeSarcos

10. Luperza Community Manager

As the post states, our next show is on the 20th, not today. :) I hope to see you there!
  11. Dominus

Submitted my Heavy Assault video :) Hope it makes it!
  12. Bloodmyth

That is my 40th birthday (yikes I'm too old lol) and I've never missed an episode but being from the UK it means at that time of night it will no doubt make little sense to me and be very blurred after the celebratory drinks I shall be downing lol!
  13. raw

last christmas I ghostcapped your base
    but the very next moment I lost it anyway
    but this year i promise you dear
    ghostcapping is something special
  14. JOups

Maggie would you be so kind, and show us some walkthrough to those fantastic new amerish bases? Would be lovly :)
  15. cawsking555

you skiped fan chat questions again

[QUESTION] wold you like to have longer day and night cycles on each maps
    [QUESTION] wold you like to have Piercing Rounds on sniper rifles
    [QUESTION] wold you like to have information on ammo capacity on the driver seat
  16. Luperza Community Manager

RECAP for episode 52 is up! Enjoy. ;)
  17. jettblakk

Maggie, is everything okay? you seemed to be quick to take offense and take all criticism of PS2 personally. You would ask the panel for input, and as soon as any of it was negative or suggested changes, you seemed to get upset and go on rants that did not address the issues that the panel was raising. relax. listen to what players are saying. think about why they reacting to the game the way that they are. respond in a less defensive way and consider that the critique that panel members and other commenters are making might be valid. love and respect.
    • Up x 1
  18. CAMIKAZE78

After the recent PU:2 Launch issues I can imagine things may be tense throughout the PS2 Dev team which is more than understandable considering the amount of stress and controversy that had followed. The flame on the forums resulting from the changes of PU:2 could also be a little daunting as well. I would just say that the PS2 Devs have enough feedback for the week ;)
    • Up x 1
  19. Jeralamo

Stopped the recap at about the 2 hour mark. I have to say awesome job Maggie shut those guys up!

My brother always whines about X or Y and I always have to tell him "they have priorities and right now its optimization" or "optimization remember?" I have to remind him that his individual and specific wants are not a priority for SOE but they will eventually be addressed.

People seem to not give you guys the respect and credit you deserve. Thank you Maggie and the SOE Dev team for the awesome work and the awesome game!
  20. reticentbassist

A VERY interesting FNO. I got a little uncomfortable during the later stages of the discussion panel. It is very interesting to see the frustrations of the players and the developers coming out.

As a dev, I am sure the community often feels like an ungrateful, rebellious, sarcastic, misbehaving teenager who wants what they want, want it now, and rage when they don't get it all.

As a player, the difficulty is remembering that no matter how involved in the game and the community you are, you do not work for PS2, you enjoy a product, and as much as they want to hear your opinions and experiences, you cannot keep questioning and accusing the developer for not doing what you want.

Let's remember, the developers of PS2 are people who work (probably) 40+ hours a week to deliver us this awesome product. As someone who works in IT, even though I do not work in game development, I am very familiar with the development lifecycle and I know how hard it is to actually develop, deliver, and support products.

I totally sympathize with the PS2 dev team, and it was really interesting to see Maggie remind us of our place. We do NOT get to make development decisions. We do NOT get to tell the devs how to do their job. But we DO get to participate and contribute to the development of the game, and we DO get to contribute our experiences to the process.

This is far more than can be said for almost every game ever developed. Only now are we entering into an era of almost ubiquitous user involvement into development of games, where previously a developer delivered a product and MAYBE you got updates and patches to go along with it. Too many players do not appreciate how fortunate they are that the devs say ANYTHING AT ALL to them, or ask for their opinion at all! I am from an era where if there was a bug in a game you DEALT WITH IT or you STOPPED PLAYING THE GAME.

Not only that, but this game is FREE TO PLAY!!! How did people become so entitled about a free product? This leads to a variety of social/political questions that I will not address.

I really hope that none of the panel was offended or put off such that they do not continue their deep involvement in the game. I am a huge fan of all of the panelists, and I follow their YouTube channels and Twitch streams respectively. I think that they have a lot to say and contribute, and I hope they continue to do so.

Just a note, this post is not a commentary on any specific panelist, as I said, I am a huge fan of each of them, but a general commentary on the community as a whole, which is far to entitled and should be much more grateful.
    • Up x 1