RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 34

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, May 31, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]
    This week on Friday Night Ops:
    Where:

When: 05/31/2013 5PM - 7PM PDT
    Server: Mattherson
    Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO and follow us on Twitter @Planetside2, @PurrfectStorm and @Arclegger

If you want to know what Friday Night Ops is or how you can be a part of it, go here!
    • Up x 8
  2. D-Spirith

Clegg yey! :D
    Gonna watch him killing his teammates!
  3. Brusilov

T-Ross :p
    • Up x 1
  4. Vernei

Can't wait to see the best Outfit in the game get spotlighted! Especially all the awesome things the armored division does. :)
  5. TehBenju

Hope they get some good footage of us pieced together
  6. Luperza Community Manager

I tried to not cut up too much and I lost a bit of footage due to Fraps being silly, but hopefully y'all like it and the commentary goes well. :)
  7. TehBenju

just tell me you got the coordinated top-down takedown of esamir munitions corp (the third assault on that base), that was like 5 highlight reels worth of action in one
  8. TheHalo1Pistol

Gonna be fun supporting GOTR as a fellow outfit on Mattherson Vanu!
  9. xWarMachine

Why would you prerecord FNO? I just don't understand the reasoning.
  10. Cowabunga

Thanks for a great show and thanks for having me on :)
    • Up x 1
  11. shinything

Thanks for having us on, Luperza and Arclegger! It was fantastic sharing the power of Ghosts of the Revolution with the FNO audience.
    • Up x 1
  12. Rhumald

I've been hearing allot about the crossbow recently, all I can say is that being an avid Bow user IRL I am very curious as to how you'll have this weapon balanced out.. and I'm not going to say anymore because every time I try to I type pages of information XD.

I'd like to take a moment to mention that allot of us players have been backing off the forums some, so don't take all the complaining too seriously, there are allot of newer posters that we're just letting air themselves out because... well... it's madening to have the same arguments with people over and over, and you feel like they just don't get it, even though it's a new person almost every time... So yeah, that's why there's been a drop in constructive counter arguments, the collective consciousness has decided to ignore some level of ignorance and there's been relatively few actual fun threads of late.
  13. Luperza Community Manager

I always take into consideration who is giving said feedback and what their history is. Feedback from new players is never a bad thing, but we definitely need more constructive feedback. I hope that you're at least providing your opinions in threads even if you're not arguing with other people in the thread. ;)
    • Up x 1
  14. Torok

dem physx Effects
    i wish i could have it aswell without the client perma-crashing :D

nice!
  15. Sian

It lets the outfit spotlight be produced a bit, which makes for a tighter, more entertaining show. Keeping the op off live broadcast also keeps away spoiling players who see the feed and try to jump in.
  16. xWarMachine

Do you know if this is the new SOP for the FNO?
  17. Nihil

Showing it as recorded clips means the outfit can focus on their usual business and eliminate things like formations, WG goofing, server crashes and so on. Don't pout that your outfit did it O'Reilly style. Get back on the list.

--

If we're going to have crossbows i want trebuchets, ballistas and flint lock pistols. Instead of med apps we can put leeches on people to bleed their humours. Maybe the NC maxes can have a pilum to go with their shields to do Spartan shield formations. When they add ships to the game they better be steam powered.

--

It's impossible to pre-record something. You can only record, or not record. If you've recorded it... you've recorded it. You can't record something before you record it or before it starts. Derp. You can't go back in time and record it. There's no point on the timeline for any "pre-" to happen. A very easy way to see this is... you can't pre-read this sentence. You've read it. In the past.

Future: I will record the battle. I will heat the oven.
    Present: I am recording the battle. I am heating the oven.
    Past: I recorded the battle. The oven is heated.
    Infinitive: I/we/they/you record our battles. He records battles. I heat the oven while mixing ingredients.

Throw in the word have and you get the perfective tenses. I will have recorded the battle by then.

If something happened in the past... use the past tense. It ain't rocket surgery.
  18. robo

There's a reason I have Nihil as my XO, he keeps our heads on straight :D

To answer your question, WarMachine, we don't know if that's the standard new format. It was offered to us on short notice, and we figured we would help test it out. From our point of view, it went really well, and it's a great alternative for EU outfits or other outfits that, if recorded live on Friday night, wouldn't get the most out of the spotlight.

I want to dispel any notions right now that recording it had anything to do with not letting other outfits participate. That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard. Twitch chat was ablaze with malcontents yelling about how we "ran from a fight" by recording it. We fought on Esamir for 3.5 hours against superior NC populations, we weren't hiding or running from anybody. I think it's fair to say that we don't particularly care which outfits happen to be in the fight during OUR spotlight, as long as there was a good fight. Some outfits seem offended that they didn't personally receive a hand-written invitation and a dozen roses.

GOTR, in fact, has gone and "crashed the party" on FNO a couple of times. However, the last time we did this, one of our drops actually crashed Jimmy's stream, and it took some valuable time away from the outfit being spotlighted. We didn't feel great about that. So when we got the option to test out the recorded format, we jumped at the chance to help out other outfits down the road.
  19. NanoBitSplit

Hey, I made that OP image.

Or at least, the original, imageboard-bound 'shop before it was cross-posted to Reddit and/or wherever else, judging by the imgur link.

Also, still no Higby interview? That's, what, three weeks? I'm starting to think it doesn't actually exist.
  20. Luperza Community Manager

The information in that interview is outdated that's why you have not seen it. We'll do another one with him. You should check out this week's MLG The War Report stream on Sunday at 4PM PDT as well. They'll have a more up-to-date interview with him. http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/
    • Up x 1