RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 34

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, May 31, 2013.

1. Rhumald

"Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise: and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."

I like Abe's version of that, but this fits a bit better :p

I like to make discussion when people are willing to discuss things, and I'll normally make my peace about something new at least once, normally after having read over countless other posts, but, too many sections are just too similar to /r/atheism here for my tastes... we need down-voting in the main forums, we really, really do; it does a wonderful job of making people rethink their position in the road-map, and so contributes to debates and discussions.
  2. esotericist

This is a particularly puzzling form of pedanticism that disregards the clear intent behind the prefix, and the fashion in which it alters the implications of the term.

Take the term "prerendered", often used to discuss video in games. The distinction being made is that while, yes, the video is rendered either way, "prerendered" means it's being rendered ahead of time, instead of at the time of the event occurring. The distinction between realtime, and.. well, not.

The point behind the "pre-" is to indicate when it occurs versus when it is expected to occur.

Prerecord is the same thing: If you have an event on friday, and you record it then, it's recorded. If you have an event on friday that was recorded on THURSDAY, it's prerecorded.

Language is not just a set of rules to follow, it's also a set of fluid intentions somewhat understood by consensus. If you see a "wrong" phrase in more than one place, chances are, it actually means something, and insisting on pointing out that it's wrong just means you're ignoring what people are saying.

Not a good way to make friends.
    • Up x 1
  3. TehBenju

Eso... that was the most eloquent rebuttal to grammar enforcement i've ever seen.
  4. Stanis

It got pre-recorded. I'm glad that suggestion from Reddit got picked up.

I will get around to watching the outfit spotlight section of this broadcast to see how it went.
  5. Luperza Community Manager

Yeah, I'm now offering two options for outfits - pre-recorded on their outfit op night or live recorded. :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Blarg20011

So we can't record on a Thursday?
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Why would you assume that Blarg20011? The ops with GoTR was on a Thursday. Just means I don't get much sleep. ;)
  8. Blarg20011

Because I'm an idiot and read "on their outfit op night" as "on the night of FNO." haha, ha.........oh wow.
  9. GraphicJ

Ha! love the T-Ray pic Maggie.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lobada07

My suggestion is to lower the outfit's chatter or command whispers etc when your talking because it makes it difficult to determine if your talking to them, they are talking, or the recording is talking to them. IMO.
  11. Luperza Community Manager

Yep! Indeed. That is something I will do in the future if we pre-record. :)
  12. Negator

So that the rest of the server cant crash the broadcast and make it less an 'outfit spotlight' and more a 'how does x outfit deal with hundreds of trolls'
  13. Negator

what was the pop % like there?
  14. robo

For most of the night on Esamir the pops were fairly even between NC and VS. At the Eisa tech battle, NC pop spiked to around 50%, if I recall (there is footage of the map that shows the exact percentages). VS had around 40%, with TR rounding out the last 10%.
  15. Nobalification

Please Luperza where i can register my outfit to the next FNO?
  16. Luperza Community Manager

Fill out the outfit form to sign up. :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Nobalification

Thanks and sry i dont find it. :/
  18. Luperza Community Manager

No problem. I try to keep it all organized and easy to find. ;)
  19. Claspedmars

I love how you let GOTR pre record so they could have the possiblility of going online when the pop is imbalanced and to spread more of there propoganda. even if the NC had slightly more pop there is no coordination with there outfits. anyways pre recording is dumb i'm going to stop watching now. ;).
  20. TehBenju

we can't control the continent populations, but we were playing during primetime (8pm-11pm EST) and were fighting roughly even forces at nearly all of our fights. CML was probably the main outfit we were fighting, and they ARE coordinated.... is it our fault that NC as a whole aren't as coordinated as we are though?