RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 22

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Feb 25, 2013.

1. mlane16

Question for FNO: Dear Luperza is Planetside a perfect balance game or a perfect cyclical imbalance game? Is their a Jedi Curve? Is there cyclical imbalance?

Please comment on this guys you agree/disagree
    • Up x 3
  2. the pestimist

I like that vid
  3. Slev

I think the problem has always been the VS. The traditional idea in PS1 that they've tried to carry to PS2 is NC beats TR, beats VS, beats NC. However, instead of trying to keep the slight imbalance here, they instead do sweeping changes trying to make everything equal. PS1 was far more fun when you had this loop of win/loss as it lead to fight between, let's say the VS and NC more interesting because the VS had to play better to beat the NC, same for any match up.
  4. Sonnyblack

Keep up the good work. The Community Needs Friday Night Ops :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Luperza Community Manager

• Up x 3
  6. Radec594

Any hint if that's going to make it in this week's patch or not? :)
  7. XanderF

Hrm. Well, I like the implementation of the 'shooting range'. That's vaguely VR-looking, kinda.

But the external world? Kinda lame that it looks EXACTLY like the actual environments. Not really feeling the "VR" thing, here. Maybe throw some Tron-lines around (like PS1 had in its VR?) or a more obvious holodeck-style skybox in place of the sky or something.
  8. Luperza Community Manager

If you read the post, we will have a grid and what not. It won't look as realistic as it looks right now. It'll look more VR-ish, but that part wasn't working, so I couldn't show it off as I noted in the article. :D
    • Up x 2
  9. Radec594

It was said both during FNO, and also on the Wiki page, that the area you're seeing there was of a previous, incomplete build of the map.
    In the full version, there are grids on the skybox and also on the map's border to help players understand where the VR limits are.
    You can see sneak peeks of these in the loading screens of the VR area, during the FNO stream.

tl;dr it's going to be badass.

E: Luperza beat me to it.
    • Up x 1
  10. XanderF

Only clear reference to that idea (now that you folks have kindly clarified it) I see in the Wiki is the note "Also, there are a few things that were not working such as the cool sky grid"...that doesn't really seem to describe major world changes, but I see the point.

As to the FNO stream - I wasn't watching it live, so skipped around a bit in the video. Must have missed the preview shot in the loading screens for the VR.

Still - this is good to hear! Definitely want it to look DIFFERENT, so...good news, thanks!
  11. Radec594

Here's some screenshots of the loading screen, which supposedly shows the "final" version:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. XanderF

Hrm. Well. Not quite what I was hoping for within the world, but, heck, it's 90% of the way there.

Seems legit!
  13. Lemaya

Still a drop down menu for the loadout :/...

Please, please change that someday soon