rebalance infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VeryCoolMiller, May 6, 2019.

1. Skraggz

I use the med over time kit and pre pump with carapace if I have it equipped. Nano stealth is 100% a waste of time. Lower duration slower recharge. Garbage, eve shield stacking its bad.
    • Up x 1
  2. Campagne

Can't reposition if the enemy just kills ya' before you could get away. Nothing stops the enemy from abusing clientside too.

Not necessarily true. There have been many many times where the fight was brought to me because I had pissed too many people off. It's only as risky as the player wants it to be. A higher threat gets more attention.

The health boost as I said is very insignificant and the damage reduction only aids in fleeing. It would be better to avoid the damage in the first place, which would be easier with the longer cloak time.

I usually use it on my medic, since there isn't really a major need for medsticks. With nanoweave though it can give a fair advantage. An SMG infiltrator with hunter and an auxiliary shield would effectively have the increased effective HP as well as the better cloak values.

Clearly this is only an opinion. The "logical" choice is whichever is most effective, and as I've stated NAC isn't always the most useful or "best." Also in a sense you now know me, and I like to think I'm a pretty good infil. :p

Situations like this don't happen very often though. At least, not as often as simple 1v1s or 1vMany. the benefit is limited in scope simply because of how niche it is.

Motion spotters aren't magical wallhacks that automatically tell the player exactly where every enemy is all the time. One won't always have them on the ground with a limited max number of destructible spotters or darts, and will not always be in the effected area.

If the player's eyes are on the map they're not on the world around him. Unless you have a lazy eye it would be impossible to pay attention to both 100% of the time.

Cloak isn't perfect, it doesn't protect the user from other sources of radar, has a limited use time, and when activated and deactivated makes a loud and distinct sound. "Undetected" movement my ***.

All SMGs, auto scouts, and semi-auto rifles have to deal with recoil control.

The shield is used to nullify most enemy combat advantages. Slightly better aim, flanking, height advantage, numerical advantage, you name it. The shield is much easier because it requires literally no skill to use effectively and does not restrict a player from using the same advantages himself.

Again, holding oneself up on a pedestal does not get a person far in life. Depending where he lives the only thing that kind of attitude gets a man is murdered.

Again, infiltrators do not exist in a vacuum. There are going to be other sources of radar in almost every large or even semi-large fight. Hell, in some fights it's literally impossible to avoid radar detection in certain areas.

That I'm afraid is an opinion. These days now that I have long since retired from long range marksmanship I tend to agree, if only because there are so little good snipers that they only serve as a restriction on movement. Not everyone would, and in the past I'd have certainly stood against it.

EMPs are great for that. So is stealth, range, or a heavy shield. Or explosives, unfortunately.

I do. A lot. Mostly with Catlike, but not always and certainly did so before the implant was created.

The advantages shrink massively once understood. A new player will be murdered by everything that moves and possibly several that don't. Better aim and good SA almost nullify the cloak as is.

It tells the player what no amount of situational awareness can. Unless you're a psychic medium, good luck determining how many enemies are approaching the small building you're hiding in, and from what angle they are approaching, at what speed, and potentially even what direction they are facing.

I don't know about you, but solid walls and roofs and floors generally stop me from seeing this kind of information. :p
  3. TobiMK

NAC is still meta, whether you think it is or not. The additional HP is extremely strong in actual combat.

Carapace remains a bad choice on infiltrator. The Nanite cost to medkit 1k HP is way too high if you do any sort of active fighting. And you can't regenerate while cloaked. NAC is better than Carapace in any circumstance.
  4. TobiMK

Restoration kit is awful with Carapace on infiltrator, as you can't regenerate when cloaked. Medkits are too expensive. Nano Armor Cloak is the best choice for any sort of close range fighting.
  5. TobiMK

They can't Clientside you if you have the drop on them. Which, thanks to motion spotters, you do.

Unironically using auxiliary shield instead of medkits does leave me a bit speechless if I'm honest...

By that measurement I would be a god-tier infiltrator then?

This seems a bit ironic now, considering your previous over-estimation of your own skill.

Yeah.. exactly. That's the problem with motion detection. It gives you information for free, instead of having to use skill/experience/etc. to figure out what's happening.
  6. Campagne

You ever notice when you're talking to someone and their responses get shorter and shorter as they cut out large portions of the argument you've presented? That happens to me a lot for some reason, but you probably wouldn't know anything about that.

If the infiltrator had the drop of him, why would he have missed? And of course, infiltrators do not exist within a vacuum and do not have a literal 100% awareness of everyone in their environment.

Yes, I'm not surprised. :rolleyes: To put it bluntly the number of instances where a brief injection of a maximum of 499 HP has made a considerable difference is dwarfed by the number of times a single bullet's difference left me alive and victorious.

If a medic can heal himself and others up to full heath in a few seconds without ever needing to disarm himself to do so and can continue to do so free of charge as many times as needed, what good would it be to use a limited number of "instant" injectors which both disarm the user and delay him from returning fire? Nano-regen can even be used preemptively.

I understand what you're trying to say, but honestly, flat delivery. 2/10.

What's really ironic is that you assume you're much more skilled than I without ever even knowing any of my characters. Are you truly so narcissistic that you full-on boast about something you have literally no comprehension of?

Hey, fair waring is all I'm saying. The majority of victims knew their killers personally, and I dare say the farther a man falls from grace the easier the motive for murder. :p

Hmm, so I assume by that logic you're against spotting, auto-spotting, self-auto-spotting, engagement radars, and the multiple different forms of scout and proximity radars? Infiltrators aren't even only unit capable of cloaking.
  7. Skraggz

You also can't shoot while cloaked.... infils do not sit in cloak all the time. And with med kit you can pre pump enter the combat zone and when you un-cloak you will have a health regen that can provide way more then 100 shields if you ADAD or crouch.

You clearly have a poor understanding of a cloaker as every one is trying to explain things to you but you just plug your ears and scream. Also.... again NAC is 100% trash. Only good for being cloaked and you can't fight or defend yourself when cloaked, on top of that 100 shield is less then 1 bullet.
  8. Montalvo

Invisibility is bad in any multiplayer PVP game. Flash invisibility has been reworked, ANT consumes Cortium and since CAI is not so annoying. IMO, Infil invisibility needs more delay between uncloak and shooting.

Saying that you need cloak to be a sniper is non sense, this is the only game with invisible snipers.
    • Up x 1
  9. Skraggz

Cloak =/= Invisibility
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

:D To you, perhaps. Not to me. ;) Nanite Cloak is something that next to nobody uses, so it is far from Meta. Like I said, extra shields while cloaked is rather pointless. :confused: If you are cloaked and you are being hit then you will need to drop that cloak to fight, there go your bonuses, unless you plan to keep running. o_O However let's be honest, against a good player, if you are spotted you are dead. So most fight. :p There go your bonuses....
  11. Exileant

:rolleyes: No it does not. It is just fine. ;) They are easy to spot when they move, they have flashlights that nullify them, and worse still have a glitch that allows them to show up regardless. :eek: They finally made it so Cloak is usable, not great, but usable in combat with the flash. o_O If you are having issues with the infiltrator it is because of a lack of experience. :D Give it time, you will catch on.
  12. Smallzz

I've been playing since 2012, and I still think being able to fire a split second after uncloaking is ********. There should be a half second delay before weapons are usable again.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scroffel5

Yet another thing I forgot about with NAC: THE LONG RECHARGE TIME! Say someone is using the Gauss Saw on you, AKA Mr. 200 damage. Say the damage reduction is 50%. In the time that they fire 1 shot at you, when you have the NAC cloak, you have already lost your advantage. They have taken away that 100 extra shield or health or whatever it is, and now you are back to being 900 total health. You have to (A) uncloak and fire back, (B) keep running and tank some more damage, or (C) stand around and die. Say you uncloak. Boom! Long recharge time is on you like the plague on rats in Europe.
  14. Scroffel5

Also I am seeing this point about "Infiltrators needing a cloak delay." No, they do not. They are an infantry class. They already had to get the jump on you. Why should they be punished further than they already are, cloak wise? You can see the cloak when they are running right at you, so they have to flank. That takes time and your class specific CQC weapons aren't the best. That results in less kills, but a higher KDR, because you are catching players off-guard. You are trying to punish Infiltrators in a 1vs1, head-on, front facing fight, when Infiltartors typically don't do that and die to that. I see a ton of compilations with Infiltrators killing in a 1vs1, head-on, front facing fight, but they are killing unskilled players who don't hit the head. It isn't like that for the majority of players. Even if they have a CQC sniper, if you are dumb enough to let them run right at you and for you yourself to run in a straight line towards a CQC BASR Infiltartor, it is your fault you died. I can't blame you for your eyes not focusing on seemingly unimportant features of the game, such as Infiltrators flanking in your peripheral vision, but I can blame you for them running right up on you, when you aren't in low graphics, and making you eat lead for breakfast.
  15. Skraggz

Maybe we should put a delay on it, AND heavy shields, medic healing, and engi repairing and handing out ammo. Make them wait a second... you know, try and do slow actions in a fast pace game. Bett those precious heavies would love it taking .5 sec+ before their shields activated.
  16. Montalvo

I have no issues with Infils. I have issues with the servers LAG spikes, hitreg, falling through terrain, mines and C4 floating, HESH nonsense, spawn warriors and many more things.

Infils with 0HK knives... I have issues with that ;)
  17. Smallzz

Obvious trash examples to further your point.
    Let me give you one that actually happens. You're controlling a point room, it's night time outside. You're watching two or three doors. An infiltrator can peek a door cloaked, drop cloak and headshot you, and then immediately book it and take maybe a shot or two in retaliation from a friendly.
    How much agency did you have in the fight with the infiltrator? How do you outplay that? Literally the second you get any sort of visual queue that something's amiss, you've taken a 1HK round to the head.

At least with a .5 second firing delay you'd have a chance to respond to the audio queue of the infiltrator de-cloaking. The way it is now leaves one of the two players in the fight without any agency over the fight, and that's something that any game should try to avoid.
  18. Scroffel5

What I said isn't wrong. Sure, with a CQC BASR, in point blank range, headon, you could get a headshot, but you need 2-3 shots on them if they are overshielded. They shouldn't be punished if they get around you and you didn't know there was an Infiltrator if it is a point hold. You would hear them cloak long before they actually got to the point.

Any skilled player can peak a corner and headshot you. The infiltrator just have a better weapon for headshots. Everybody arguing a nerf on Infiltrators keeps implying they hit the head each time. Lets say they have 50% accuracy and 50% headshots of all their hits. That means 25% of the time or 1/4 of every four shots hits the head. They could hit your body twice with 50% accuracy or the head once with 25% accuracy. They won't always hit the head unless you make it easy.
  19. Smallzz

So the heavy is supposed to just keep his overshield on on the off chance that an invis 1 shot capable enemy might peek him at any moment? And why do you need to be at "point blank" range to use a bolt rifle? I mean really, some of the stuff you say sounds so ridiculous and outlandish that I'm starting to think you're here to sling ******** and no amount of typing is ever going to change the views of someone so obviously right as you.

You've got 13 pages of people saying infiltrators are ********, a lot of people calling for much heavier nerfs than I am. All I'm saying is put a .5 second delay on firing after decloaking to accommodate for server lag, so that BASR users can't 1 shot you with zero counterplay. And no, if you can't have a 1 shot with zero counterplay, which sounds like the exact opposite of what PS2 combat is supposed to be anyway by design, then you're not having it.
  20. DeadlyOmen

Countermeasures are more effective than pleas for mercy.