Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Physiks

Yeah those dang "haters" and their junk comp's , you mean like the OP? The Dev working on the code said about how the game ran on his home computer? O, you must of missed that.

Anyhow, thank you very much for the response and very glad to know its still being worked on!
    • Up x 2
  2. warmachine1

Multithreading is key to success of engines like Frostbite 2 or CE3, run BF3 on high/ultra with 40fps minimum
  3. Roadhouseman

it's well known that the performance is not very good and needs to be further optimized, but has anyone of you also the impression that the performance in vehicles (especially tanks, or honestly really only tanks), is noticeably worse than playin as Soldier ?? I definitely have less FPS in vehicles as soldier....... for me at least :(

can anyone confirm this ?
  4. Bulletbiter

I can confirm that i had at least 3 server downs/crashes today at Miller , and i hope this open beta ends in december, so that we are able to play in 2013.

( Lost cert points today, because of the server roll back )

A moment ago the granades were lying around and didn´t explode , you couldn´t repair anything , and the drop pods stayed where they came down and didn´t disappear.

An open beta with masses of people would have been good, before launch.
  5. Violet915

I'm wondering why the game was released so soon after Beta especially in this state of optimization... terrible :/
  6. BaronVonDerp

Thank god Im not the only one having FPS issues, My gaming laptop is a powerhouse and can most new games on full settings. I just hope you guys can fix this soon.
  7. runekey

Thats all I need to hear
  8. Skizerz

Thank you devs, sure there's some frame rate issues, but you have made a GREAT game! Keep up the good work!
  9. Skizerz

I do the same thing lol. Sneak into enemy bases and troll'em cause if I'm not in a massive firefight I can max out the graphics. Game looks gorgeous!
  10. Skizerz

You obviously don't t know what they mean by optimization.
    • Up x 1
  11. Skizerz

Yes, with extremely simple point and click controls. PS2 has physics, accuracy, lots of graphics, actual terrain. Eve just has u and some other ships in the middle of space.
  12. Skizerz

Planet side 2 is 6000 players per server with 2000 on each continent and 200+ on a normal battle on one small part of the map....
  13. Skizerz

/)
  14. Skizerz

Me too, in vehicles my fps drops 5 to 20 frames, especially tanks.
  15. Pingonaut

I get 15 fps on large scale fights. Playable.
  16. Scanz

What wrong with UI ? ??

[IMG]
  17. reeeeeeeeeeed

Why are people saying this game is not Multithreaded?. Have a look at task manger there is clearly more than one core operating.
    The reason that you can't max out your cpu is that you are memory bandwidth limited. This can easily be seen by only enabling one core it will go to ~95 % usage.
  18. Marchief

Change your language from the launcher to anything then change it back again, this happened to me on first launch, bug from beta
  19. Marchief

Love the work you are doing, hope that the optimisations that went into place in the final week or two of beta make their way back in, whatever you guys did then it massively improved the playability and got rid of the lag in large battles.
    For now, for some reason, since the updates last night, after about 10-15 mins of playing, my game flashes and my graphics card seems to just stop trying, my FPS then drops form the usual 30--60 to 6-15 and it becomes unplayable, no amount of restarting / changing settings has fixed it, going to try and reboot and see if it fixes it, guess there maybe a client patch later today?
  20. Skurcey

I have 2 problems:
    UI take 5 FPS out of 70
    When you turn quickly you can drop from 70 to 20 or 30