PTS update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Demigan

The Lethal shells vs infantry are used to do the spawn locking. Defenders cant use them to get defenders off because that would mean they havr vehicle superiority and would have destroyed the Sunderers already.

You get out of the spawn lock by A: making sure you dont get spawn locked in the first place, possible by planting forwards stations and making sure the enemy cant get them all. And B method is when you are spawn locked, smuggle a Medic into the base. Thats much easier to accomplish than achieving vehicle superiority. Also in the current spawn-lock its fully possible to get one or two guys out into the base, but that achieves nothing as they cant break the spawn lock. With the forwards station it would suddenly be possible since you can get your allies to reinforce you once you are out. Then spread through the base and place forwards stations to keep the attention away from the spawn and blow the fight wide open again.
    • Up x 2
  2. LaughingDead

1. No, they don't. I have never seen a true spawn lock with just vehicles, sure they forced opposition to pull infils inside but the infantry was able to kill infils.
    2. Don't get spawnlocked by making sure they don't take positions, you mean kill their sundis so they can't spawn and then hit their positions with grenades. We have tools for breaking it already, people aren't smart enough to use them.
    3. How would you even know how to establish vehicle superiority? I've killed armor colemns with just a well placed max, a lib or tank to kill any other tank in play. The only way that I could see that you don't pull armor is when they have so much armor that their infantry force is much smaller or if it's a zerg, we don't have anti zerg weapons. In fact because it's so easy to wipe out HE tanks with one AP tank is one of the reasons you never see HE tanks spawn locking, that and it's far more easy to simply use a laning heavy with decent aim or a max with AI.

Let's also not forget you could I dunno, pull out a spawn beacon instead of a tube, this smuggling a medic tactic simply downsizes vehicle superiority even ******* further, which brings me to my last statement "what's the point of vehicles anymore", anti-vehicle, anti-infantry, anti-air, base tactics and now SPAWNING is done easier with infantry, I sort of tolerated the beacons even if they could spawn a squad with practically no vehicle assistance what so ever but spawning every damn person in the hex? I literally do not know what I should be using a tank for now, people are just going to be holed up forever in a base with constant medic drops. Oh right! I can stand on a point outside a base! How ******* fun!
  3. LordKrelas

0_0 how have you never seen a spawn lock with just vehicles?
    A few prowlers on a ridge or hill, with aircraft literally makes dead zones of that spawn room.

Ensure the enemy with more vehicles or forces in general can't get into positions easier to access by the besieging force than defenders.
    That logic.
    You've found some dense tankers then, Given you would've ran out of ammo, been exposed, and more.

A spawn beacon glowing into the sky announcing its presence to the enemy, and must be outside.
    The spawn beacon, which draws in enemies to its position if the falling troopers didn't.

A fragile little pod thing vs an armored & possibly shielded mobile spawn point.
    Infantry can't destroy those let alone survive doing so, like a tank can.
    A squishy squad, with a beacon that literally sends off a light to their limited minute-long respawn point, where they fall out of the sky visible to all around.

Tank. Kill anything but aircraft.
  4. Demigan

What game have you been playing then?
    And even if you never saw only vehicles do a spawn lock, they did accelerate the process. Also what remains one giant unsurpassable fact: The attackers have vehicle superiority. If they didn't, they wouldn't be able to bring in a Sunderer or protect it long enough.

No I don't mean that. I mean that you can prevent/break a spawnlock by creating alternative spawns so you remain operational within your own base, so that you have the time and place to eventually blow up the Sunderers. Rather than not have the opportunity to even get out of the spawn with enough force to accomplish anything.

You can kill armor columns with a well-placed MAX, others can kill a well-placed MAX with an armor column, does that mean that you always have that option? Or that just because you've done that once (although I have trouble believing that) that it happens all the time?

Fact remains: Attackers have vehicle superiority, they have more vehicles and the opportunity to put their Sunderer safely at the enemy base. It is less likely for the defenders to break this vehicle superiority because they need more time,effort and above all boredom to get a similar vehicle column up and running. And since the defenders already lost the vehicle battle once, they are likely to do so again even if they did have the opportunity to get a similar vehicle column.

As for that last part about "you never see HE tanks spawn-locking", you are really grasping at straws here, straws that don't even exist. Because that's just plain bullcrap. That's like saying "I never see attackers on top of a capturepoint, no siree".

A Spawn beacon is useful for 1 squad at most, 12 people, and has a loooong cooldown. That's not near enough spawnpower to counter a single Sunderer, capable of spawning an entire faction.

As for the point of vehicles: The Sunderer remains vital to getting your infantry there, and vehicles remain vital in getting the Sunderer on it's position. The forwards battlestations have an important feature which I also foresaw: Limited spawn radius. You have to have redeployed/died within 100m of the forward battlestation to spawn there. So you can't redeploy from other places to it, you need a Sunderer. Also the Sunderer remains important for resupplying explosives or getting MAX's in the field. The inherent weaknesses of the forwards battle station, IE it's lack of small-arms resistance and much lower healthpool than Sunderers, also mean that forwardsbattlestations are far more temporary, and having to fall back to the much stronger Sunderer would still often happen.

Also, anti-tank happens more easily with tanks and aircraft. Anti infantry depends on the situation who's better at it, anti-air the infantry can come close to vehicular G2A capabilities, but nothing beats the A2A capabilities of aircraft themselves.

What to use tanks for... Blowing up people? Protecting Sunderers? Blowing up vehicle columns (which is what you said you did with them right?), forcing infantry into chokepoints? Spawnlocking infantry? with the new vehicular capturepoints, capture those? With the future arrival of vehicular base-capture points and PMB-enhanced bases (the new biolab that's being tested), actually capturing bases? Does it really take that much brainpower for you to figure that out?
  5. BartasRS

This Forward Station idea for sure is very interesting but my main concern is with it's possible placement. Providing that Medics are rather limited in picking off spots like LA can they surely be carried by Valk to some weird spots. First in mind is top of Biolab or Techplant. I mean, even now if an organised Squad manages to place beacon there its the pain for the deffenders.

IF Forward Station is visible on the map without spotting it, fine but with Engi Hardlight barrier I already see many possibilities of building nice beachhead on top of Biolab or Techplants. On the other hand it might introduce more teamplay (Cloaked Flashes carrying Medics) and quicker flow of the battles (easier time for attackers).
  6. Pelojian

forward station should require that one sundie be present and deployed and it should always be marked on the map so you have to defend it against attack. (like you know you are supposed to do with sundies)
    • Up x 1
  7. BartasRS

I totally agree with this. FS should like a proxy for deployed Sunderer (or base hard spawn point). IMO if you could place it anywhere you want it would make player built bases spawns and Sunderers obsolete to some degree. I know that FS should have very limited durability (wonder if it can be killed with EMP, IMO it should) but the amount of players it can spaw at a time is the same as Sunderer making it an ultimate base capture tool. Just imagine, in most bases you can place one on each cap point (or near) and have 100 players spawn there at once or in a contnious waves. Quite scary if you ask me.
  8. Demigan

I don't think this is going to be much of a problem. First of all the FS will give a huge boost to the usefulness of Medics, Infiltrators and LA's. There will be people complaining about how OP the Infil and LA are from the moment it's released because they have a much easier time getting a shot off on the FS.
    Second of all, a Biolab dome is pretty big and has way to many obstacles to properly defend it. A single LA won't take a lot of lives to get in range and shoot the FS, if not be able to blow it up.

Every time I proposed the FS I always put it in the utility slot and gave it a 200 nanite cost. That prevents random placement and makes the FS a true stragetic object to take down rather than blowing one up and one of the X Medics present just replacing it instantly for free.

I think that the addition of the 100m range you have to be in to spawn on an FS as well as the fact that FS's don't have the ability to resupply or change classes are going to make the Sunderer still an important focal point, and that losing it is going to be a big blow to the attackers regardless. Imagine if your entire attack suddenly relies on a spawn object that can be destroyed with small-arms fire in a single moment of inattention?
  9. LaughingDead

Medics, infils and LAs were already useful, LAs getting infinite rocklet ammo along with infil getting infinite spotters WITH NO CURRENT COUNTERS kinda ya know, makes them powerful in a team sense already? Medics..... why do they need a respawn station. No really, being able to res a room full of people, heal everyone with an F press, second most tanky class, can support an entire push with just reviving. If anything, I'd give this tool to the engineer, he has so few ******* roles to play in infantry combat it's just sad. Now everyone can pull an ammo printer and sweeper hud.

Already a few flaws here.
    1. This is what you proposed, not what the devs are going to do.
    Basing all future balance on your claim is like saying I'm going to be rich because this one business is going to give me money forever.
    2. Even if they did base it off your idea, what's stopping people from spamming it anyhow? I don't know if you haven't noticed, but infantry really don't give a damn about nanites 90% of the time. If everyones a medic anyhow, why would I need med kits? I'll just spam 2 and be a god.
    3. If they respawn at the station, what is stopping them from already replacing it. Say I put one down, die, allies defend it's and I respawn, it dies, I put another down. <- Already beacon spam
    4. Beacons exist. Nuff said.

Medics simply balling in a base indefinitely couldn't backfire at all? I don't know about you, but we already have clingy infantry, we don't need zergs that have no limits. A requirement that RS has to be within range of a sunderer is a perfectly fine limiter to a potentially limitless system for a class that doesn't need it.

And I'm not done....sigh.

You mean exactly how leetfits do drops on bases to draw all the pop to it and often only need 1 gal or valk drop with absolutely no sundi support and often ditch the gal anyhow? You literally do not need a sundi for the squad.
    That's the point of reinforcements. Look, no one likes a true spawnlock but attackers shouldn't be forced to play the be everywhere at once game, even so, the actual times a true spawnlock occurs often doesn't matter if you can get out or not because it's a zerg.

Actually yes. I often just take a max with sundi, (cloak bus) or just have a good squad and simply wreck face, it's not hard to get a height advantage on ground vehicles. At all. Air on the other hand can screw me just being a max, sure but can also easily be detered with a squad have beforehand, maybe not a lib if they already know where the sundi is, but even if they do we often force a trade with the sundi going down and just use a beacon to maintain the position.

Again, no they don't. At most they generally have sundis. No one wants to pull a tank to fight an imaginary tank that might not even come around, if all it takes is the sundi to be destroyed or rendered useless is just have good infantry, why would I take 450 nanites and put it in a tank and instead put it into something far more worth it or just not at all. I can make a lot more certs as an infil than a patrolling tank. You even just said it was boring to pull an armor colemn to actually give a damn about opposing spawns. No you're making the assumption the defense had vehicles in the first place. Why pull vehicles when there are none? Push up a sundi, how often are sundis opposed though? Besides the occasional harasser, I don't find many AP tanks that aren't already in a hotspot clearing out a fight.
    Ok, I just went on a 1 hour session and never once saw or died to an HE tank. How bout you show us how often you die to an HE tank, maybe then I'd relate, til then, no, HE tanks are not everywhere as you claim to be.

1 squad per squad in a platoon. Then if it goes down, you swap to another person. This is a COMMON tactic in nearly any platoon worth it's salt, the beacon is just too good of a utility to ignore.

I already said, no it isn't. Valk and gals are far more reliable in platoon play than sunderers are. Lets also not forget how far 100 meters is. Let's also not forget this is ******* tied to every single medic that can slap it on. Even if you can kill it with small arms does not mean it's worse than sunderers, sunderers can't be put on roofs, can't be deployed out of the hand by infantry, now I can combo a beacon, respawn on the roof of a tower, put down a RS and just watch as an entire platoon drops and has the option of spawning on top of the tower.

C4, mines. Maxes even. Tanks are generally fine when it comes to fighting other tanks, the thing is nearly everything can pick a fight with a tank, that should not be.
    Anti-infantry is better done, FAR BETTER DONE by air (Not saying much considering HE is garbage and ground is getting worse tools for it every month), but even then, devs often try to nerf it to the bloody ground, being the basis of the thermal nerf that was a slap to the face to anyone who enjoyed being an AI support vehicle.

Oh **** no. You mean to tell me, 3 or even 2 heavies locking on an ESF is worse than an ESF dogfighting another ESF in terms of AA. Sure, I can't chase them down as a heavy, but why the **** would I need to? I'm practically invisible to air now on a grander scale and I can simply lock, forget, I basically lose nothing and I damage an ESF with no skill involved. ESF on the other hand had to actually learn how to ******* fly and now identify infantry on the ground, not to mention deal with pilots that pilot and do nothing but pilot to kill any other aircraft, new fliers did the AI role until they were comfortable with flying, then actually took on the AA role, unless you can tell me that new players that fly go straight to AA otherwise, I don't see how this is a good interaction in the slightest.

Blowing up people over a lib or ESF, hell just a harasser even, HE is a disappointment to all the tanks. Protect sunderers with a lib, again, won't matter if your infantry is pushed back anyhow. Forced into chokes when? Show me an example of vehicles actually detering infantry from taking a route that isn't aura mats. Vehicle caps, because sitting in one spot for a next to useless respawn for infantry is exactly what we needed. Vehicles were only used on turrets for player bases. Even then it's more efficientto kill them with a sundi and either a bunch of rockets or a max or two, tanks need specialized reload points in which you need another sundi altogether, infantry can just use one sundi and kill turrets effectively, with the fun instant reload rockets you can get from sunderers by resupplying, you can more than double your DPS.

Accounting for FUTURE bases that have been on PTS since last ******* year, I wouldn't hold my breath. Yet I can probably count on this RS being put to live as soon as next 3 weeks.
  10. ColonelChingles

It almost sounds like they're giving out squad beacons to everyone with the Forward Station, with the added advantage that you can place them indoors. Plus they repair shields and probably don't have the lengthy cooldown of a squad beacon.

Seriously? That's what the game has come to? Players are so disorganised that we've completely given up on cohesive squads and platoons?

If you want the ability to reinforce the attack, get a squad. Or a Sunderer. Or a Galaxy. We already have so many tools in the game that cater to infantry fights that it's really, really sad if the infantry players in the game still can't get it together.

The continent lock bonuses also stink of all benefiting infantry players. No more discounts on the flimsy paper-mache aircraft and tanks anymore. Instead, you get automatically repairing shield generators (to keep vehicles out of infantry bases), better turrets (because you sure can't fit a tank into a turret), and regenerating infantry shields.

Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of combined arms initiative that was supposed to make vehicles more relevant to the game? This is going in the complete opposite direction.

How about leave one continent bonus for infantry. Make one benefit aircraft, and another benefit ground vehicles. That would be fair... but then again, I guess this is Infantryside.
    • Up x 1
  11. LordKrelas

By everyone I assume you mean medics forsaking area heal.
    So disorganized that they are trying to use more than 12-man spawn points, beyond Sunderers.

Flimsy Paper-machine aircraft.... You mean the Liberator which melts anti-aircraft tanks, infantry, aircraft and more?
    The ESF which melts infantry, and tanks?
    The Immortal Valk?
    The Galaxy that can crush tanks with its body?

You mean the Vehicle Shields, that only block shells & vehicles lacking the Shield-Bypass from passing through it?
    Better turrets? A fixed point gun with a limited degree of rotation, and generally lacking the capabilities of any vehicle.
    And usually blown to bits by a single tank.
    That's the anti-tank turret.
    Aircraft turret is a joke.
    The Anti-infantry turret is murderous, and comically does anti-air better.

The last bonuses, made it pointless to Kill aircraft and to a minor extent vehicles, with the bonus of auto-repair at ammo-towers\ air pads.
    For aircraft, this meant that in the time it took to die, you'd have the nanites to get another, and fly back within a minute to wherever you possibly died.
    For vehicles, this meant if a vehicle Legion lost a vehicle like a tank, it would arrive in a second wave right after it.
    - Like I said lesser extent, since those vehicles wouldn't be back in the action near instantly unlike aircraft.

Infantry benefits were: 50% on consumables.
    IE grenades, med-kits, AI & AT Mines etc.

Infantry shields: A small regenerative layer of protection that is basically gone with the first bullet from a vehicle, if the infantry survived that.
    Anything and everything can smoke an infantry man; This kinda is logical.
    If Infantry didn't have these shields, they'd be even quicker to die to basically everything on the field due to lack of recovery.

If there wasn't walls or anything, singular vehicles would just dominate the entire base.
    As the exterior defenses and layout for said bases, are generally horrid.

If Vehicles had similar shields, it would block a rocket, the vehicle would roll back after shooting the rocketeer dead.
    While presently, the vehicle shoots the rocketeer dead, and maybe repairs for a half second if they care.
    Do recall vehicles have Armor, Infantry do not, as well.

Making vehicles relevant doesn't mean preventing anything that isn't spamming vehicles, directly buffing vehicles, directly nerfing infantry or similar.
    Like dear lord.
    If the vehicles aren't easily spammed, then they can be more easily made stronger.
    They are a force-multiplier, but the value of one is expected to be poor when they are easy to replace, are they not?

Besides, now if you kill an aircraft, it can't be back to slaughter you in under 5 minutes.
  12. Pelojian

here's how you can get around that resource cost and make it a pita to destory.

1) pull light assualt
    2) place a spawn beacon high on a tower or rooftop
    3) redeploy back to the beacon as medic
    4) place forward station
    5) congratulations you have a forward base on a roof, tower or aerial which lets people spawn fast and if it is destoryed you can replace easily if it lives 3 minutes (if not get a squad to do it).

forward base is a spawn beacon v2.0, this thing promotes less overall teamplay and thinking ability and more arcade like play if it doesn't require a sunderer to use, that is the essence of the complaints about sundie health, they want the ability to spawn at a base they are attacking with zero logistics requirements aka arcade experiance.

many players lack even basic ability to play as a team due to the obsession with K/D which promotes selfish, self-centered play rather then what ps2 was designed for.

as for the 'combined arms initiative' it's hard to believe they'll really balance every style of play given their track record on phase 2 (aka making false promises to save themselves player rage, see lethality nerf phase 1 and 2)
    • Up x 1
  13. Insignus

The fallacy you are running into is that just because it might be easier to justify making them stronger if they aren't so easily pulled, doesn't mean they will, and including that notion in your balance argument leaves a convenient "Phase 2 Switcheroo" that will leave us with... infantryside.

You now have [4] unused tokens for the Valkyrie LawnMower Experience
    • Up x 1
  14. LordKrelas

That doesn't really get around the resource cost, as it still costs quite literally the same.
    And anyone targeting the beacon, with say, an EMP let alone in person can destroy both.
    "Spawn fast" assumes there isn't a spawning delay.

Less teamplay, but letting the entire enemy or allied force, cooperate with spawn options beyond Sunderers which can't be too close to a base, require Vehicle superiority, and of course, apparently need as many infantry as possible away from the infantry fight to attempt to protect an exterior spawn from Vehicles.

For the invading force, this provides the ability beyond singular squads to move inwards.
    For the defending force, this provides the ability beyond singular squads to move outwards.
    For both, this provides beach heads in-between sunderers, and the target objective.

The Sundy would be the more effective for reinforcements, and more defensible spawn position.
    The Forward-Station, the beachhead.
    A force not only happening to use the same sunderers, but actually setting up spawn positions for each other beyond for their own personal use, apparently that is less teamwork than driving a Sundy to a base only, or using Personal spawn points for a squad.

Hell, forces Teamwork to actually take down more than number of Sundies to stop an attack or defense.
    Ain't that the teamwork you want to increase? Achieved by FS? Miracle.

Logistics, getting to there.
    Managing to supply the FS.
    Ease of losing FS vs Sundy & FS.
    Having Forward-Stations also means your Sundy no longer gains a massive trial of bodies to it, even if your side actually got into the base or out of it.
    Protect FS & Sundy, the FS for local spawn, the Sundy for the regional spawn.
    Sounds like more Teamwork than just 'guard the Sundy'.

So it's fallacy, that having the ability to replace a force-multiplier easily, that has the capability to reach the very spot it died, defeating the entire point of removing it is a good thing?
    Oh right, You fly.
    I ain't Daybreak.
    I do know that it'd be hard as hell to justify buffing something that is cheaply pulled by one side due to a continent lock, to greater capabilities, when any such thing is replaced near instantly.
    Like do you have any preference for buffing Free rockets for Heavies? Doubt it, unless you added a cost to it for said power.
    Same with this.
    Add power for a price.
    At present, vehicles have their very price cut in half, making it 50% easier to replace, with aircraft in particular able to re-enter the battlefield that they just died to, near instantly.
    This means, that all the effort and resources used to kill said aircraft, was nullified.

I call it the Immortal Valk.
    As it was clarified that Yes, with a full engineer team, it doesn't die.
    And with less, it takes a damn lot to kill an Air-transport with Squad-Spawn capability... more than an ESF.

You may enjoy a free death to Archer-Fire or Rocket fire, at your own convenience.
  15. Insignus

*Shrug* To be honest, I only fly Valk. The Indar lock bonus has literally no effect on me. I'm good enough with it that I'm back up to 250 pretty quickly. Only thing that directly affects my ability to spawn is the presence of liberators and ESFs. Not because G2A can't kill me, but because G2A often either doesn't see me, or sees me when I want it to.

I don't really see how you can buff/nerf heavy rockets and missiles. At present, if you tinker with the damage, you won't have to worry about me. Everyone who drives or flies will more than adequately pile onto it.

They're currently planning on buffing the reload speeds, which will have the knock-on effect of making it harder for vehicles to escape and increase the instances of pop-up and ADAD launchers that you can't kill with the current AoE weapons, so they'll be able to pull 3/4 health of vehicles with not that much response opportunity. They claim to also be making vehicles/tanks more survivable, so we'll see how that goes.

The futures market on your tokens post an inferior exchange rate compared to my VLME tokens.

Simple reason? Archers can be nerfed. Rockets can glitch, missiles can track into hillsides.

But you can't really nerf a 10-ton ninja star, now can you?
    • Up x 1
  16. LordKrelas

Which can be replaced easier, and cause more hell for any G2A that manage to kill them... having them literally be back right after the feat, usually with the G2A near dead or lacking the capacity to fend off the other ground opponents, or the returning aircraft.

That actually was just a reference to other threads wanting nanite-costing rockets, to potentially one-shot an ESF but with the Skill of the ESF having more control over it hitting than the operator of the Rocket-Launcher.
    And seemingly without the normal free options - Not entirely sure, they weren't clear on that.

So No, I was using it as a point about Buffing a weapon, that is numerous, and easily replace-able which is like ESFs with that 50% off - But sure we can talk about practical balance adjustments on both sides, That works better.
    Aka I wish I was originally on the page you are on.

10-ton ninja star? Hmm yes technically, but not the skill of the Pilot making it do the tricks in the first place.
  17. Demigan

Medics, Infils and LA's were useful, but they didn't hold a candle to the universally useful HA. And that's the point I'm making: This cahnge makes the Medic (least used class), Infil and LA much more vital to the normal gameplay, and gives the HA a run for his money.

Also LA with infinite Rocklets? Who the hell cares? It takes far too much firepower to bring down a tank, not to mention the molasses speed of the things makes it easy to avoid the Rocklet even if a group of LA's is firing at you. Rocklets aren't that dangerous.
    Infils with infinite spotters, when haven't they had practically infinite spotters? The Motion Spotters lasted an eternity anyway and the Darts have always been used to blanket area's while the Infil is supporting groups with Engineers.

Yes that is what I proposed, and that's what I stand by. I'm not saying that they absolutely will do this, which you seem to think. So the misinterpretation fest has already started.

Infantry does care about nanites, that's why the grenade spam isn't as big as everyone seems to think. "Oh dear 20 people are attacking us and I saw 4 grenades! Spam spam spam!". Come off it!

And imagine if infantry actually didn't care about nanites? What then? Well then it's still a 200 nanite investement that's much much weaker than a Sunderer, this will make them care. How obvious should that answer have been? I'll hire a skywriter next time shall I?

The immense cost of keeping these FS alive if you keep replacing it at that speed?
    The ability for the developers to disallow Medics to spawn with an FS if they use an FS?

Yes, because a small object that can at best spawn 12 people with a long cooldown is exactly the same as the proposed FS.

Here's an idea: The Flash already exists, there's no reason for Lightnings, MBT's and Harassers anymore! Because they are all just as similar as a beacon and the proposed FS.
    Seriously where do you get these idea's?

They wouldn't be able to do it indefinitely. That's the entire point: FS's would have weaknesses, and they have an area-denial range. This forces Medics to be in praticular positions in relation to other FS's before they can deploy them. And you can't deploy them haphazardly as any Sniper or LA would just blow it up, either because the FS would be out in the open or because the FS wouldn't be defensible against an Infil. Also Medicballs have never ever worked in PS2, even if you did manage to keep the FS's coming, all you are doing is giving your opponents a wonderful farm.

"here's an idea, let's just pull up an example of more unconventional combat methods instead of the normal combat method, and assume that now suddenly the previous statement is false!".
    The only way they can achieve this is by dropping in and securing the point. More often then not they overpop the defenders until it's too late. Although these guys mostly use a makeshift FS: A Galaxy high above, both more resistant to damage and harder to hit than an FS.

And that's kind of a theme with you right now: theres no reason not to add the FS in any of your arguments. The best thing you've done so far is "Well we already have a beacon, which is kinda a little bit if you squint right a bit similar maybe like the FS".

Attackers don't have to play the "be everywhere at once" game. Defenders do. Defenders already have to be everywhere at once to stem the tide of attackers, to cut off potential attack routes and to destroy the Sunderer.
    In the meantime the attackers can suffice with getting on the point, as your own Galaxy drop already confirmed.

If the FS is introduced the difference between attackers and defenders is somewhat equalized.
    Also what the hell are reinforcements going to do if you are spawnlocked? "Oh but Demigan, they are going to reinforce with vehicles ofcourse!". Yeah, but that's going to take more effort and time than the attackers to get enough vehicles together for a good push.
    "Oh but Demigan, I can kill entire tank columns solo!"
    Yes, so the attackers can also destroy an entire reinforcement column, this works both ways. And since the attackers are the most likely candidates to have the vehicle superiority they have the most chance to have a player capable/in position to destroy an entire tank column.

"But, in this particular event I can pull something off. Oh there's a few flaws in it but ofcourse we have plenty of time to first deal with those and then murder entire Zergs with a small squad".

You really expect me to believe all that? I can believe you can destroy entire tank columns, I've done it with a freaking HE gun. But it takes a specific base and troop layout, both friendly and enemy, to pull it off. Also what you seem to miss is that a Cloak Sundy isn't cloaked until it deploys and is easily destroyed in-transit.

Yes people do take tanks, especially when the defender tanks are imaginary. It means a free farm.

Also weren't you boasting about how you could destroy entire tank columns with a single tank? So your XP gain and capabilities with anything is solely based on how useful it is as an argument at that particular moment is it?

Oh dear god, you don't even realize that the beacon cooldown is now applied to the entire squad and that squad-lead switching hasn't worked for a loooong time do you?

Also even if you did this, the ability to spawn on top of the beacon still has a long cooldown, many times that of a Sunderer.

And Sunderers can't be destroyed when an Infiltrator gets a LOS on it.

You don't come up with any reason not to add it. You tell grizzly stories of how squads and platoons can already spawn or don't even need an FS, and then... Suddenly the FS is a disaster to the gameplay? Randomly? No reason?

You know what the worst is that can happen? Unorganized groups will have similar assault/defense capabilities as organized platoons.

Also on one hand you cry about "oh dear those poor attackers, now they can never spawnlock the defenders" (and spawnlocking is a problem in the gameplay, but here you are supporting it). And on the other thand you are moaning about how the attackers would supposedly become impossible to defeat... You can't even make up your mind!

Oh wow, you could name 3 AV weapons. How many are there again...?
    And how hard is it to protect against C4 really? It's a CQC ability that has to be used against a faster, longer range target. It's like using an LA with an activateable knife vs other classes, but the other classes have three times the walking speed.
    Also, 90% of the classes you'll meet won't be able to utilize C4 properly because they can't even ignore a lot of terrain and have to walk up to their target. Mines aren't useful in a direct engagement and MAX's depend on the situation if they can be useful or not.
    In the meantime an HE tank can put in a lot more DPS than any Heavy and at longer ranges. But for some reason an HE tank isn't deemed viable for AV, so why should anything worse be viable AV?

Overall, yes. Because the Heavies have to spend a lot more time to get in the right position, hope they don't get shot, hope the ESF doesn't do anything like dive down to the ground to make the missiles suicide or just fly low and break LOS with the nearest spawn.
    There's a reason why the Mustang, the worst of the 3 most used aircraft guns, scores 5,5 times more aircraft kills than the best scoring Lock-on. (this is in part the same logic you use when you say that infantry farm infantry).

You aren't invisible, you are in fact still easily found and murdered. What you lose is time, firepower and normal combat, because you can't join normal combat and still be in time to deal with aircraft/have a good enough vision to get a shot off on aircraft without the missile suiciding on anything nearby/allies breaking your lock/the aircraft just breaking LOS.

"Laughingdead's moaning intensifies".
  18. Demigan

Congratulations, you now require a Medic to be present at all times in case the FS is destroyed, and since the spawnpoint is unlikely to be contested constantly due to it's placement, people will leave it and won't wait around. It's the same with Sunderers right now.
    And since you placed it on a roof, any Infil with a view can kill it, and LA's can do what LA's do best and destroy it. Now you don't have a spawn on a roof no more.
    Frankly the chance of an FS surviving indoors is higher than on a roof.

But here's an idea: How about we ask the Developers to add another restriction? Let's say it takes 1 minute before the area-denial field from an FS disappears after destruction. Problems solved! Players can't place FS's willy-nilly, destruction of an FS means that the Medics can't replace it instantly and have to scramble out of the area-denial zone and to a good defensible spot before they are killed and overall defense of an FS becomes more important than "dump it and spawn".

Which is why you can add resource-costs to placing an FS, which makes players want to use Sunderers as backups since Sunderers don't die as fast.

But when I think about it, having a requirement of a Sunderer within, say, 200m of an FS wouldn't be a super-bad thing. The biggest problem would be that much less players would be spawning on the Sunderer to defend it, and you can't ask players to constantly sit on a Sunderer in defense. Cloak Sundies fix this for a large part I guess, allowing you to place one in unconventional places to keep your FS's running.

I think the biggest problem is lack of incentives to play as a team.
    The first rule for creating teamplay: Everyone needs to enjoy the part they are playing. Having players sit in a Sunderer for a "maybe you might be attacked at some point in time, but maybe not" isn't enjoyable for the lionshare of the playerbase, so it shouldn't be seen as a valid teamplay option.

The best teamplay is one that happens organically. An Engineer that supports a MAX is just about the best example we have. But the gameplay should change. If you see an ally, you should want to team up with them, regardless of them being in your squad/platoon or not. And if that player dies, you should be able to team up with the next guy you come across.

Imagine if weapons like the HA Rocketlaunchers were even weaker...
    The entire idea about Lethality nerfs was bad. They should have upgraded lethality on both sides. Given the tanks their co-ax guns and high-velocity autocanons to deal with long-range infantry on high positions. Given the infantry utility AV weapons so that destroying resources costs resources. Hell, make all tanks cost barely anything, 50 resources for a Lightning and 75 for an MBT, and then add all kinds of resource-costing weapons and abilities on both infantry and tanks. That way players are rarely barred from using vehicles, vehicles are allowed to be almost as strong/weak as infantry but still offer the variety of gameplay that PS2 has to offer. This instantly allows the developers to remove most segregation methods like walls so that vehicles and infantry can go at it anywhere, anytime.
  19. LaughingDead

I'm not gonna bother responding to text walls anymore, so I'm just gonna list some key notes out.

1. Infinite ammo meaning in a team sense, you often won't need an engineer in a lot of fights with high damage or high capacity weapons. If 3 rocklet clips were shot at a tank then another 2, the next minute the first two would have their rocklets back, I do not want engineers to be even more out of the fight than they already are, THEY are the least played infantry class, not medics or infils or LAs, when's the last time you've seen an engie who wasn't just an ammo box or repair tool?
    2. Resource boosts are a thing, even so, there isn't any evidence that devs will put in a resource cost to the forward station. And it's still gonna be spammed out the wazzu. Imagine how many certs you could get just by climbing on a roof, putting down one and infantry just skip the sundi and head for the pad. **** sunderers now I suppose.
    3. I'm pretty sure you've been ignoring "medics and everyone else can spawn indefinitely". How exactly is that not a bad idea? Ignoring sunderers, ignoring spawn restrictions, ignoring firing lanes and tactical lock downs that the attackers have in place. It's not even hard to negate most of these things with a team setting out and killing tanks and sunderers already, they are pushing everyone away from the vehicle aspect of the game and you're saying the exact same thing by saying they still need a transport. Woo, incredible, a valk can get me there, I put down a beacon, then we all ditch vehicles and infantry fight the rest of the way. We do not need more ways to spawn to overwhelm defense.
  20. Demigan

1: Infinite ammo using ammo printer, but weaker than an engineer isn't a bad thing. It means you can create special teams for specific tasks without being bound to an engi. That said, it rarely happens, and in any normal fight you can just equip another implant instead and have more benefits while you rely on engi's to give you amo.
    Also what's wrong with Engineers giving out ammo or repairs? "when's the last time you saw an LA who wasn't just a flanker", "when's the last time you saw a Medic who wasn't just a healer". It's a nonsensical thing to say. Engineers have a place in infantry combat, they have the largest selection of weapons and explosives, have infinite ammo for themselves and any allies without the need of an implant and now even have deployable cover.
    2: Resource boosts are a thing, good, this means players have more incentives to pay money! That said, even with resource boosts you can't be putting them down ad infinitum. Especially if you use the already proposed limitation of not removing the area-denial range for a minute or so after the FS is destroyed.
    I imagine that if you just climb on a roof and dumb an FS there that the amount of certs you get is either comparable to that of any frontline Zergfest Sunderer, or completely nothing. The completely nothing happens if no Sunderer is present and no one is nearby enough to spawn on your FS. Also keep in mind that on the roof is probably the worst place to put an FS as infils have an easier time to shoot it and players who go off the roof won't be able to protect it as well when the inevitable LA comes along.
    Also you seem to be thinking of a Biolab again, placing one on top of a Biolab is probably one of the worst things you can do. You still have to go through the doorway, and you are likely blocking the ability to spawn FS's inside the entire biodome. Congrats! You just screwed your entire team over until some LA comes along and destroys your almost-impossible-to-defend FS!
    3: The FS's ignore Sunderer spawn restrictions, that doesn't mean they don't have their own spawn restrictions. And hey! They do have their own spawn restrictions! Whoop dee doo!
    Also you keep talking about the attackers not being able to "tactically lock down". First off "tactically lock down" is just a fancy word for "being a cancerous spawncamper". Second off we already know how "bad" this is for the gameplay. AMP stations already provide the necessary jumppads, gravlifts and exits to prevent most forms of spawncamping, and what do you know? They are some of the best and well-balanced fights you can find in PS2! Give us FS's and you can get similar results in almost every base! Huzzah!
    Also you are completely overreacting about how vehicles will suddenly be used less. Vehicles would still be immensely useful.