PSA: No, PS2 is not "free"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Feb 2, 2013.

1. -Crotalus-

Then you are too stupid to read, I have learned dealing with morons in the military, my criticism is you the community who defend the devs blindly, stop justifying everything with "it's free"

Try reading the OP it's plain as day stated there too, so before you try acting like you know what characteristics the military gives, try reading 101 before you want to tell people about their posts
  2. Ganelon

Can you login to the game and shoot people in the face without paying a montly fee or having to buy a copy of the game? Yes, yes you can. Therefore, it's free to play.
  3. Daddy Tickles

No. Its paid for by the people who have bought subs and/or SC. If you play for free you are merely content, you have a voice but you have no skin in this game.
    • Up x 1
  4. -Crotalus-

Simple minds are simple. People do pay, you might not, if Sony took all micro transactions out if this game they'd close it immediately or add a sub, in which case this game would like also close shortly after.

People ARE paying for your game to stay alive, they have every right to complain. Period.
  5. Kurreah

I don't think anyone believes that Sony is not out to make money with this game. They do this by providing cosmetics and shortcuts for money, and by improving the game to gain and retain customers. That is why it is so important to tell them constructively if they do something that you don't like, and tell them when they do something that you do like.

I take it that there is a particular issue that the OP is talking about? Anyone care to enlighten me, or has it been fixed already?

The forum vs twitter thing has already been discussed. I believe it is because the twitter is the personal accounts of some employees, whereas the forums are the official mouthpiece of the company. The devs can post personal, non-game-related, or speculative stuff on twitter. Anything posted on the forums however is something that they could be held to.
  6. -Crotalus-

Nope I'm not complaining about any issues atm, I'm not really even pissy about this patch really other than performance issues, my issue is all the fanboy trolling people who do complain about issues, especially with the bs "it's free so leave"

Keep that mentality up and this game will die eventually, it's ok to criticize when things ate wrong, it's part of the dev process, if everyone just came on here spewing how great it was, when there is room for plenty improvement, it won't get better, and player vase will srop