PSA: No, PS2 is not "free"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Feb 2, 2013.

1. -Crotalus-

Lets get something straight this is not FREE

The devs are still accountable and players have every right to be mad at this point

It may be free to play, but someone somewhere IS spending their money on this game

Why the HELL would SOE make a game for free, and then keep it up and have a "so called" dev team for a game that makes them no money..... You know since this game is free as fanboys keep trolling.

So why should someone keep funding a bugged game with devs who ignore people on their own official forums in leu of twatter Tweens?

Stop defending poor product, fanboys have killed plenty of MMOs by coddling devs crap
    • Up x 3
  2. Sowahka

Are we being ignored on here? I've seen devs make the first reply on new threads, especially when it comes to real problems with the game. As far as I'm concerned every problem that has been brought up here as been worked on to some extent. I'll keep funding them, especially after their latest awesome patch.
    • Up x 2
  3. -Crotalus-

When was this latest awesome patch?

Oh **** do you mean this one? Mmmmnk keep fanning boy, maybe one of the devs wil ask you out or say your name in a twitter post andante your year
  4. McGubble

This game is amazing and if you don't want to pay then DONT
    • Up x 3
  5. Ganelon

Every game has bugs. And it is, indeed, free to play. Notice the italics i used on play.
  6. Gary

Amen! Alpha squad took some time but it got a work around and is now an awesome benefit! Now it is around £90-£100 worth of boost in itself!

With ina few minutes of the patch going live they had Devs on the servers messaging the whole server for info about the issues and advising people to try things to see if it fixed it. Sure its buggy but every game is especially after a patch that is almost 5GB
  7. Suroped

I am too afraid if this game was free it would have run away from SOE...
  8. Wintermaulz

If you dont like the game, stop playing and stop wasting your time on the forums
  9. Rhinzual

Pretty sure a lot of people are following that advice already and will do so when PS1 goes F2P as well.
  10. Aghar30

if you don't like the game stop playing, don't come on the forums and whine about it cause guess what NOBODY ON THE FORUMS CARES
    • Up x 1
  11. Louis Farrakhan

right on.

the entitlement from some the COD kiddies is rediculous.
  12. TheWolf1973

I am sorry, but since SoE is not charge a monthly subscription fee how are they suppose to make money? Granted, this game at present is Beta 2.0, but nobody makes games for free now a days.
  13. -Crotalus-

Whatever big surprise fan boys helping to tank another game of its player base, ill make sure to necro this post for you in a year when ps2 is 3 servers and their all skeleton playerbase, I did it for the fanboys on SWG too
  14. -Crotalus-

Is this implying me? Sorry I don't play call of duty, I spent 8 years in the army 5 of which were in an infantry scout platoon, I despise call of duty because it makes kids stupid and then they join the military and get people killed because they are so ******* stupid.

If you want to label me to a shooter I spend hours playing armed assault, it's the closest game out there to real military shooters, FYI
  15. Louis Farrakhan

youre not giving any reasonable criticism. youre asking devs to magically fix everything like a child in kindergarten.
    computer programming is very different from your profession. programming a game like planetside 2 is hard.

its not as easy as doing push ups and pullups all day.
  16. Raukness

[IMG]
  17. Daddy Tickles

Moaning serves a useful purpose of letting the devs and other players know that there is a problem. Its in the Dev team's interest to know when the actual subscribers are unhappy, even more so than when the freeloaders are happy.

So get used to ******** fanboys, its here to stay.
  18. -Crotalus-

Seems people are confused, I totally get issues, I've been in rift swtor and ps2 closed beta, I get bugs....

My issue is people who defend any criticism against the game and devs, and with this game it's "its free don't like it leave"

It's not free, nothing in this thread has countered that, good for you if you don't pay, but the people who do are the reason PS2 is even around
  19. Louis Farrakhan

you are not giving reasonable criticism. you are making a temper tantrum. havent you learned about honor and respect in the military?

when air was OP, i made one post stating my oponion and took a 3 week break. i didnt whine like a monkey.
    because programming is hard. thats why you are not making this game.
  20. Uben Qui

His signature is the icing on the irony cake. :)