[PSA]: "Maximum Pressure" is going to Backfire badly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Moggram

>The difference being, you choose (for some reason) to play a faction with a poorly designed max.
    see how that can work...
    hold on you guys can't pull a max? what did the Devs not carre the 2 or som'n?
  2. JibbaJabba

Nah, biolab fights made tactical sense. I won't fault someone for doing that.

When I wrote that the thing on my mind was several certain emerald outfits, one in particular, who wrap their entire existence around maxes. Their leader is always in one. I watch them run maxes continuously... even in 90/10 overpop zergs, just absolutely ruining the gameplay for basically any new player who didn't know better than to redeploy.

They have now moved on to playing other factions after the NC MAX nerf. One of the more pathetic stories in planetside IMO.
  3. Demigan

That seems more a problem with how some outfits operate than with the NC MAX in particular. It's like those outfits that in the past openly used macro keybindings to pull off stunts like exiting the vehicle/aircraft, disassembling the vehicle/aircraft and logging off in half a second to deny enemies a vehicle and infantry kill and preserve their stats.
  4. JibbaJabba

Yep, exactly.

You play this game long enough and you'll notice the spots where the balance is broken. And sure it's fun to indulge for a bit, we all do. Eventually though most of us grow up and stop doing that stuff because it's cheap kills, and it's harmful to the health of the game, especially for new players.

I forgive new players who indulge, they don't know any better and are just trying to compete.

The veterans though... particularly the ones the move on to Outfit lead and actually encourage people to do this crap AND do it en mass. Yeah, I got no respect for them as a player and they've got at least one mark against them as a person.
  5. TRspy007

I like the idea of a MAX event, except MAXes are weak right now, so they will be easy to take out. MAXes need a purpose since they are too weak to actually push chokes holds like they were designed to do. BUFF max damage resistance for both types in one suit slot, and add charge.

I can't wait till I see how this event plays out, it does sound pretty insteresting

Don't play NS then?? Or just use your decimator or C4, or AV grenades or tanks or air or literally anything, maxes aren't hard to kill, and quit crying NS are going to get a max sometime in the future.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

and how exactly was NC max poorly designed? it did what you'd expect a shotgun unit with the cost of an MBT/Liberator to do,
    superior CQC damage, and it payed for it with far less range,
    massively less sustained fire, and far longer reloads than TR and VS.
    it was fine, and it was that way for years.

now you chose to play NSO knowing that they have less weapons, less vehicles,
    no max and always join the losing team, that was a choice that you made.

i didn't choose for NC's max to be turned into worthless junk.
    to keep all of the downsides and lose the only thing it had (its superior CQC damage).
    but that is what happened, so yep, we have every right to be pissed,
    you shouldn't be pissed for picking NSO, because you knew what you were signing up for and you did it anyway.
    even if i had a membership (cancelled my sub after the max nerf) i wouldn't play NSO.
    • Up x 2
  7. Whiteagle

Isn't it worse than that Demigan?
    It's just the TOTAL Faction Kill count:
    Which means the MAXes don't really even MATTER, it's just who can cheese the most kills...
    • Up x 1
  8. Clipped!

Honestly unless NC MAXes get a damage bonus against MAXes with their AI weapons (50% or so) they are currently underpowered in a MAX AI weapon fight within both their max damage range and CQC in general and not even remotely as powerful as the other faction's AI weapons or a single stock shotty. Mattocks themselves need an extra pellet (from 3 to 4) to even compete with the other MAX shotguns for anti- infantry as it needs ALL of the pellets from 4 shots (2 trigger pulls) to kill someone within max damage range. And again, since the devs are not using their own damn forums to chat with players, head to reddit to get some sense in their faces.
  9. Demigan

I based it on this sentence.

This means it's highly unfair for the TR and VS, as they'll meet barely any NC MAX's to kill...
    • Up x 1
  10. iller

I would actually extend an Olive branch to those Players who always quoted those stats.... IF ....they had been honest and also quoted what PERCENTAGE of the N.C. actually pulled dual shotgun arm MAX's most of the time. But the fact of the matter always remained that 95% of the NC player base -- AKA: Dirty Casuals -- didn't even have a second Shotgun unlocked!!!

I've got Dual Ravens, and a second Flak Burster Arm unlocked complete with Extended Mags for each arm. But the other Shotgun?? ...I never found the time (or the PAY 2 NANITES Subscription resource boosts) or the inclination to figure out how to Cheese that shyte like the top 1% DataMine Skewing MinMAXxers out there all did

PS: I NEVER enjoyed Biolab fights either. ...not even as a Medic! Gettin me in the THUNDEDOME is like pullin teeth

PPS: ...again, I'm no MAX expert....
    ^ But that looks like all KINDS of Nuthing-Burger that won't really help the NC's DPS or Close range engagement. ...this further confirms that they really do intend to make MAX suits into Utility Support roles which I'm NOT against mind you but the Scheduling here looks really effed up if the other two faction's MAXes still get to be literal Killing Machines at EVERY range even if the poor TR don't even get an Ability to help them soak Tank or ESF rounds like we do...
  11. urch

This guy should have a restraining order away from any form of game development.

What kind of logic is this? NC didn't ask the devs to create the most imbalance MAX. They merely played the hand they're dealt with.

If anyone should be suffering the the consequences from years of imbalanced MAXes it is the devs who did nothing to fix it.

This NC Max nerf isn't justifiable in any way shape or form. It's ridiculous.
  12. JibbaJabba

LOL. So the NC maxes didn't need a nerf huh?

Next we gonna argue about how water ain't wet?

Take care yoself..
  13. Savadrin

Are you sure?
  14. Campagne

I think whether or not a nerf was justified is irrelevant. This nerf was not.

We don't need to keep adding things onto the pile of was-good. ZOE, GK, PPA, and now the NC's MAX as some of the most prominent things. Were they too good? Yes, but none of them needed to be completely useless.

Furthermore, some NC have been suggesting changes throughout the several years of playtime, asking for something to be done to make the three more even. That's more than we got from VS ZOE MAXes or TR GK harassers.
    • Up x 1
  15. Savadrin

To level with you, I only recently started playing NC and I'm actually not sure that I have ever been inside a blue MAX suit. I've lost count of how many times that shield has prevented me from roadkilling a MAX though.

With that said, I still get insta dick punched by NC maxes as infantry. I guess they just can't sustain the killing? I never found the TR MAX to be as OP as people claim it to be, I think i've had one good streak and it was mostly against distracted opponents. Mercies are cool but they're not laser beams. 15-20m and the TTK is lel.

But I don't spend much time in a MAX suit regardless unless I'm pulling a burster to interrupt A2G farming, or troll from the rumble seat of a jeep. They cost a lot and they're unwieldy as ****.

When they gave TR the old GK, it was like they wanted to set the world on fire. TR relentlessly exploits any advantage as a faction. The new one feels super, extra, meh. Maybe when I get back to playing TR I'll have my gunner try the GK-H again and see if it still feels like it's throwing tennis balls.
  16. Campagne

I've never really used the NC MAX much before either. Only once, when it was my turn to be the MAX in a harasser trio. That didn't end well. :p Didn't know the shield protected against roadkills though.

I think the problem is mostly that instakills just piss people off a lot more than 0.XYs TTKs do, even if the end result is identical. NC MAXes prior to the nerf could kill a fraction of a second faster but relied on luck to do it and couldn't hold down the trigger, so all they ever did was abuse the OHK as much as possible.

Ends up being rather unenjoyable for both sides a lot of the time, I think. VS and TR can at least hold down fire and generally allows for the same or greater effectiveness but is less frustrating to die to.

Current NC MAXes can only OHK with all pellets from dual Scattercannons if I can recall correctly, so the dynamic is a bit different now.

For what it's worth, I tried out the GK in the VR for a little bit and it still seems very meh.
  17. Savadrin

Lol, if you're running stealth on the jeep and you manage to sneak up on an unsuspecting tank with an AV MAX in the rumble and a close range gun, you will absolutely DELETE them. It's highly amusing, but also almost a requirement to run a medic in the trio unless everyone has everything certed and there are no issues swapping roles.

I'll prolly take a few GK runs soon just to see. I went up against a multi harasser team (I was playing VS) with random pug gunners on my topside, and there was actually someone using the GK (and two Vulcans lel). Halberd smokes the GK with an effective gunner, and it's usually easy enough to outrange the Vulcan if your awareness is stronger than a can of paint - with everyone running COMP instead of stealth these days. I'm just not sure how they are going to fix its current incarnation without NC crying that it's the better Mjolnir, which I'm not sure would be true, but it might also not be false.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't given NC MAXes more variety. But I guess if they give NC some machine guns, TR/VS wants some shotguns on their MAXes. Either way, shrug. The MAX meta isn't a huge concern for me so they can do whatever they want IMO.

I still haven't seen a MAX pressure alert myself or heard the horrifying war stories of how a 30 minute lolAlert ruined someone's life yet, but I am waiting with bated breath.
    • Up x 1
  18. iller

Well I'm Not... B/c like I said, been playing this game 7 years and I distinctly recall not seeing Double HackSaw MAXes in MOST fights. Yeah, In a Biolab we'd usually have 2-3 of them but that's a population sampling of 2 or 3 people, out of 150 NC players usually always crowding into the damned things back when the server population wasn't as Shyte as it is now

Otherwise, I always remember seeing more Burster MAXes or Raven MAXes in the everyday base-to-base Lattice line pushing. So our overall Faction performance hasn't been hurt super hard by it, BUT our ability to Crash a TechLab point and our Faction "Flavor" are both definitely gone at this point. So instead of pulling our own MAX to counter an enemy MAX with infantry weaps, we gotta go C4 heavy now or ambusher LA and hope for the best. It's really really Anti-Climactic in a game that used to be ALL ABOUT the Spectacle and faction Identity
  19. Blam320

Is it just me, or is the Maximum Pressure event bugged? I haven't yet participated in one; it's still just facility alerts and Arial Anomalies.
  20. TR5L4Y3R

could be the case
    i got one pressure event but didn´t participate in it actively .