[PSA]: "Maximum Pressure" is going to Backfire badly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Jun 25, 2019.

1. iller

We already know that at least One faction has a lower overall KDR and KPM than the other two.
    And one of those two other factions has a Noticeably higher KDR overall
    (especially when you factor in all the Legacy "Data" mined from back when ZOE and PPA was Imba A.F.)

Every time this Alert pops it will rub salt in the freshest of wounds as well and I won't be surprised if the Blueberries eventually become the least popped faction on atleast 1 or 2 main servers a majority of the time once the full "revelations" from this bad idea set in
    • Up x 4
  2. Heini

Why are the devs adding a MAX event? We members/NSO don't even have one ; _ ;
  3. Hegeteus

It sounds fun, but ONLY for 15 minutes at a time
  4. AlcyoneSerene

Not liking this event idea since first hearing about it. It will simply shake up the gameplay with a bunch of max crashes to point, C4 flying everywhere, av/ai mines, with no way to opt out of it since it will affect all aspects of the game at all times, air, ground armor, infantry.
    • Up x 2
  5. iller

^ Yeah that's a good point I didn't even consider... .... If I were Wrel... I'd make this option ONLY available from the Class terminal inside a PlayerBase Bunker so that the MAX suits would either have to get a Chauffeur when they wanted to repeatedly Point-Crash, or they'd at least have to walk the distance of a full No-Deploy zone through who knows how many Ram attempts by Harassers and Flashes

PS: He REALLY needs make the Aegis shield reduce incoming Ramming DMG
  6. Scrundle

I'll be doing my utmost to prove that the new grinders are still useful but yeah, this is going to be a bit of a farce overall.
    Still, maybe it'll be a fun farce.
  7. Scatterblak

It doesn't matter. It's a completely new game, and everyone who mains a specific class and doesn't do a lot of max'ing will get wiped out. All the people I play with will be logging out when this crap starts up, and coming back when it's over.

There have been some questionable decisions in the past, and even some when the powers that be actually asked the player base what they wanted (before ignoring them and going ahead with whatever it was they wanted to do), but this one -- this is really going to suck.

• Up x 2
  8. Scatterblak

That'll make capping points a trick.

This is going to suck.
  9. Campagne

Nothing but grenade launchers and aim-assist VS MAXes, what a joy.

At least the game is supposed to be playable now with the fixes.
  10. Demigan

So the NC MAX gets murdered and an alert is made to basically celebrate?

The stats used to prove the NC MAX to be OP show the NC MAX to score half of the TR and VS most of the time with similar death rate during high pop. Ofcourse the people who hate NC MAX's will claim this is OK or "justice". Which would mean we still have to nerf the entire TR and VS untill they both score a fraction of the alerts because "justice".
    Or we could look for a balanced, fair and above all fun for everyone solution.
    • Up x 6
  11. Liewec123

Don't worry demigan, we get 2 extra rounds in our weak@$$ shotguns, that'll certainly help...

Seriously DBG, stop adding mofo ammo.
    You've touched nc max twice now since you broke them, and all you've done is give them several extra shots each time...
    THAT WON'T CUT IT, we need DAMAGE, 2 extra rounds means jack when you're dead to c4 before you can fire your first 2...
    • Up x 2
  12. Demigan

You could give the NC MAX access to it's entire ammocount for a magazine and it still wouldn't help. You would still be equal to the TR and VS in CQC as they both have more than enough ammo to finish a MAX in a 1v1 and you have similar DPS to them but also you would have more RNG, more damage spread over a distance and more damage degradation.
  13. Peebuddy

Get your archers out boys, it's going to be open season on low ranking players who haven't certed their maxes out
  14. JibbaJabba

I'm gonna wait and see.

But this has bad idea written all over it.

It's cheese. You either pull a max or you are gonna die. And if you don't want to pull a max? Well F your gaming experience. F it.

I think everyone is gonna have like gleeful childlike fun the first couple times. After that it's gonna be some group of low skill players going "c'mon guys, max alert!" but most of the population is gonna be over it. And some segment is just gonna log off.

My super terror worry: It turns out bad AND DBG does not get rid of it.
  15. TR5L4Y3R

i look at this this way ...
    yes this event is gonna be a fragfest but it may also finaly be the indicator and data DBG needs to realise how far appart each max is in power .. and maybe MAYBE we get some proper changes to maxes ..
  16. urch

Well glad I discovered auto chess just in time.. Time to take another long break from this game.

Seriously the devs should do live a live stream of themselves playing with the worst weapons in the game before I might consider coming back.

At least acknowledge that there's a clear imbalance especially with the NC Max.
  17. JibbaJabba

If you NC max mains were only so passionate about balance while you shamelessly formed tactics around and abused your toy for six years. :p Look man. It's asymmetrical. Devs try to get things close but someone is always going to be on top, someone always on bottom. They are trying to get the gap narrowed but I doubt you guys are coming off the bottom. That ship has sailed.
    • Up x 1
  18. Demigan

Having read the update, is everyone misunderstanding the alert or is it worded wrong? The way it's worded it means that during the Maximum Pressure alert you get points for KILLING MAX's, not for being a MAX and getting kills.

What "tactics" do you mean? It was basically "oh a biolab fight, finally a place where the NC MAX has a chance to actually be effective so lets use it".

Also about asymetrical gameplay, isnt that the perfect copout to use and proclaim that for 6 years nothing was wrong with the NC MAX? But now that the NC MAX is performing half of the other two MAX's suddenly you come with "asymetrical balance". Why wasnt that a factor before? Especially since the NC is still underperforming in many other area's and now the entire NC MAX is included in that.
    • Up x 3
  19. Moggram

(NSO walks into the this discussion)
    To everyone who can pull a MAX and the NC that are crying about it....

At lest you have one!
    • Up x 3
  20. Liewec123

A.S.P engineer with archer, AV nades and tank mines :D
    Pop a few resource boosters and go to town!

The difference being, you choose (for some reason) to play a faction with no max,
    I've been an NC main since 2013, and up until recently NC had a max,
    We didn't choose to play a maxless faction like you,
    ours was removed from the game by the clueless devs.
    • Up x 2