[Vehicle] [PSA] Magrider Supernova cannons Velocity will be buffed to match TITANs velocity- by Higby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystogan, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Mystogan

IT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!! After two years Higby finally understand that it is not fair that Magrider cannons have all stats worst: slowest velocity, highest drop, lowest damage.

Links:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2ubs8h/matthew_higby_on_twitter_i_think_it_probably/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2ubs5d/matthew_higby_on_twitter_considering_bumping_the/

Higby is going to buff Supernova cannons velocity to match TITANs cannons velocity. Drop will be the same, but speed will be much higher!

He is also considering placing velocty of TITAN and Supernova between P2-120 and Anchored Prowler, so it can measn that they will stay at 275 m/s (TITAN AP) or maybe both will get small buff.

HOWEVER- IT IS HAPPENING! FINALLY VELOCITY BUFF FOR MAGRIDER! YAY!
    • Up x 6
  2. Hatesphere

sweet. that is all.
  3. Matt879

4. Kanil

Does the Lightning receive this love too?
    • Up x 1
  5. Xind

It feels dubious. The Vanguard should have the best Velocity (outside of lockdown), the Shield is NOT equal to the value of strafing in and out of cover.
    • Up x 5
  6. Mustarde

I think that's a reasonable change. I always found it odd that the VS got what was basically the AP lightning cannon slapped on their MBT while everyone else got something better. The answers to enemy armor as a VS is almost always to pull lancers instead of tanks. This might help shift that paradigm.
    • Up x 2
  7. Alarox

YOUR TITLE: "WILL"

WHAT HIGBY SAID: "CONSIDERING" "PROBABLY"

WHY DO YOU DO THIS?
    • Up x 21
  8. Mystogan

Becasue it usually means that it will happen, considering all other "balance considerations". Change is:
    1. Needed
    2. Desired
    3. Reasonable
    4. Fair

Magrider primaries suffered long for having all stats worst in game. It is time to make at least one stat at least equal to some other MBT.

I don't see why it would not happen and I trust Higby that he at least trying to make tanks better. Besides that is my way to show Higby that players love his idea and wait for it- and that is good.

Why I do this? Because I can.
    • Up x 2
  9. Hatesphere

the mag rider sacrifices the ability to face its armor tword a target for strafe. its reasonable that the cannon no be gimped while other tanks can easily fire on targets while still keeping front armor facing their primary threat.
  10. Xind

What are you talking about? The Magrider is the ONLY tank that can face it's front armor towards the target while strafing.
  11. lothbrook

WTF are you talking about?
    • Up x 7
  12. Hatesphere

its called armor facing..... do you really not get this?
  13. lothbrook

AND? Are you trying to say a magrider can't shoot at things with its front armor facing what its shooting at? Despite the fact the Magriders gun is completely unable to shoot any direction except forward?
  14. Hatesphere

sorry if my verbage was confusing. but other tanks can keep their front armor facing a threat while firing on another threat. IE no turret... other tanks have a free moving main cannon mag does not, this is a strategic advantage when multiple targets are in play. (armor or otherwise)
  15. Mystogan

Which does not help him in direct fight by any margin since both Vanguard and Prowler easy destroy Magrider front vs front each time.

The only way for Magrider to fight is from behind, from cover or from mid-range distance. All at condition that you spotted enemy tank first to get maximum chances to win.

I guess you don't drive Magrider much. Keeping your front armor to Vanguard or Prowler in direct fight gives you just little more time before they blow you up.

Magrider main cannons has: lowest damage, lowest velocity, highest drop. Now it will have at least one stat equal to TITANs. It won't help in direct fight either, but will allow Magrider to engage more powerful tanks at better and safe distance for it.
    • Up x 4
  16. ThreePi

Because that's what the best performing tank needs, more buffs.
  17. ColonelChingles

Yet despite this, the Magrider cannons continue to have improved practical accuracy than Vanguard counterparts:

Magrider AP: 48.8%
    Vanguard AP: 43.8%

Magrider HEAT: 44.9%
    Vanguard HEAT: 41.3%

Magrider HE: 48.6%
    Vanguard HE: 43.2%

The Magrider AP cannon also has a significantly higher VKPH than its Vanguard equivalent (and no, this cannot be explained by 2/2 usage rates):

Magrider AP: 14.3 VKPH
    Vanguard AP: 13.4 VKPH

This is because Magriders aren't just a cannon; they are a weapons system. And the Magrider platform is very good at providing a stable platform from which to fire its cannon. This allows Magriders to engage more effectively on the move and kill more vehicles than the Vanguard, even though it has the weakest stats you listed.

In fact, I would argue that having the Magrider have the weakest primary cannon is necessary because the Magrider platform performs so well. Buffing the Magrider primary cannons would further increase accuracy and killing potential, further allowing it to outstrip the Vanguard (unlikely that its VKPH will ever reach Prowler levels though).
    • Up x 3
  18. lothbrook

Well you could equip side armor which would achieve the same thing, giving your side 68% armor, which is the same amount of armor your front would have with front armor equipped.

Honestly though this is a bad idea, magriders are already the best tank given their ability to strafe and completely stabilized turret, hopefully they stabilize the rest of the tanks turrets as well. Theres a reason why the magrider had the worst velocity to begin with, at least i'd hope SOE realized it, because VGs and Prowlers can't really move and shoot reliably, so magriders often get nice stationary targets to shoot at.
  19. Hatesphere

that is in no way equivalent to tank with a turret.
  20. gigastar

This isnt a Prowler thead.
    • Up x 3