PS2 on PS4 will DEFINITELY be shown at E3.1080p

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sixstring, May 8, 2014.

1. Bush82

theBlazing i have a 650ti and never drop below 50fps on high-ultra settings, do you know what cpu your mate has? is it an i3 by any chance. im looking to upgrade my young brothers pc and was thinking of getting an i3.
  2. Paragon Exile

We need cross-platform battles!

Feed me more peasants! THEY'RE SO DELICIOUS.
  3. sagolsun

Leaked image from SOE's dev team
    [IMG]

Word is, they're getting decent performance at 40 units but can't scale past that.
    • Up x 3
  4. HellasVagabond

If i wasn't playing PS2 at 1600p this would really mean something, now it doesn't.
  5. Aldaris

Care to.explain how that works?
  6. pnkdth

Do you seriously think they started working PS2 then remembered "OH CRAP! I forgot we were making this for PS4, we need to re-allocate resources."
  7. Tuco

How long did it take for you to text the original post? 5 minutes, lawl?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Tuco

How can you play a FPS with a console controller? That would be like playing ping pong with your feet.
    • Up x 1
  9. RyanGUK

It's likely they've created the smoothest consistent framerate, say 40fps throughout the entire game, which will actually be okay as every player with a PS4 will be having the same treatment. Nobody is going to have an advantage over anybody else, which is the case for PC players who go against people with 60fps rigs vs 30fps rigs. I do look forward to getting a PS4 to play Planetside 2, I just hope they make it so PC players can carry their accounts over to play on both systems. :(

tl;dr May not run as great as it does on PCs but the playing field will be even on PS4 gfx wise cuz its same hardware.
  10. ironeddie

I hope we don't have a drastic reduction in population with to many players switching to the console.
  11. KnightCole

I just really dont wanna see PS4 players on the PC version....PS4+PC player=UGH!!!!
  12. The Rogue Wolf

13. headshotsultd

1080p, a ton of motion blur, little to no AA, reduced texture quality, almost no physics at all... All at 25-30 FPS with some level of stutter
  14. G.O.A.T

Use your heads.

SOE only has so much money/people in their business.

Planetside 2 PS4 team....takes away money/people from all other groups which includes Everquest next/H1Z1/PLANETSIDE 2!

I listened to higby and TRAY video yesterday even higby mentions how they are focusing on optimizing the game and making the UI console friendly.

So yeah it takes a lot out of Planetside 2.

Just look at the content we gotten.....One harasser lol and different guns with different stats lol....It's a joke compared to Planetside 1 content.
  15. Bush82

ps4 has mouse and keyboard support. also my brain can handle a different control method when it needs too.
  16. Aldaris

I did use my head. None of what you said makes sense. The game is already largely developed (considering how similar PC and PS4 are these days), you don't have to move all of your core team onto porting therefore the reduction in resources on the PC is negligible, and making a port isn't wasting time. Just because your machine of choice may have lost some resources doesn't mean it's being wasted. PCs are not the centre of the universe. Get over yourself and your sense of entitlement.
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

18. Slandebande

People playing shooters on consoles :confused:

If you want to handicap yourself, just play with 1 hand on the PC or something, no need to spend money on an additional platform just to handicap yourself :p
  19. uhlan

The Devs have already indicated that the PS4 and PC version will never meet.

That said, I do think that the PS4 version will have a far greater population than the PC version. Considering that people will go where the big fights are, we may see many PC players jump to the PS4 to ride the initial pop wave.

If that wave has "legs", those folks might stay.

If this comes to pass, we may get some design hand-me-downs from the PS4 version, but the PC version will always be the red-headed step-child.

I seriously doubt whether many PS4 folks will gravitate to the PC version for a ton of reasons. The number one being the cost of a PC to play.