PS2 on PS4 will DEFINITELY be shown at E3.1080p

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sixstring, May 8, 2014.

1. Sixstring

Planetside2 - PlanetSide 2: Command Center - Twitch In the latest episode Higby says it is 1080p with a "smooth" framerate(probably not 60 FPS or he would have said so). And for all the PC elitists I don't care if you prefer PC or think it's better or whatever I've been playing on PC and I like the game but I need a gamepad so deal with it. I think Planetside 2 will make much more money on PS4. I know I will buy at least cosmetics regularly,I have really just been using the PC version as my opportunity to test everything so when I start on the PS4 I know what I really like,how the game works and what to spend my certs on when I create my new characters. I can't wait for this.
  2. Dougnifico

PS2 going to PS4 will be good for everyone. I hope they take the time to market it as a system seller for PS4. I'm talking with its own centerpiece during the Sony press conference. Kind of a "screw Titanfall, look what we have," moment.
    • Up x 2
  3. Sixstring

Yeah I think that is why they waited for a chance to get a massive amount of people aware of the game like at E3. Honestly they probably could have released it by now but this way they can get everyones attention and drop a timely release date for maximum effectiveness. Considering how many new games will undoubtedly be shown and announced SOE needs the biggest stage to be sure their massive game isn't lost in the haystack even though it is really good.
  4. UberBonisseur

I need to saw off one of my arms to confortably play PS2.
    • Up x 5
  5. zukhov

Well if they pull off Planetside for the PS4 then a lot of console gamers minds are going to be totally blown. It will certainly be a whole new concept in FPS for nearly all of them.

A happy hunting ground for PC gamers who defect to the consoles for the first few months as well. Please try not to kill the game for the new players guys :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Latrodectus

[IMG]
  7. gigastar

Even my PC with an i7 4770k and a GTX 780 running PS2 on medium settings cant keep it above 60fps most of the time.

Therefore, either SOE's PS4 team are porting prodigies, or theres no way in hell PS2 on PS4 is running at 60fps.
    • Up x 1
  8. -Synapse-

Maybe after the PS4 release SOE will make enough money to start feeding all their starving artists. . . and coders and designers. Then perhaps the quality of their content will go up. *Crosses fingers*
    • Up x 3
  9. WolfA4

Don't run it at medium, doing so offloads things that your GPU would normally handle to the CPU.

"I need a gamepad" translates to: "I need auto aim help"

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. gigastar

Seriously is there anything the devs did right when optimising the game?

And i have it a medium purely for the ability to spot infils. I dont like invisible facemelters in my game and killing them when they think theyre hiding makes me happy.
  11. Ribero

PS2 on PS4 should be good for the game as a whole.

I doubt it'll be the miracle cure that some think it will, though.
    • Up x 1
  12. Thardus

Using brushes and paints to decorate my models is okay, but personally, I'm really looking forward to when Games Workshop releases a line of crayons.
  13. Sagabyte

Cross-platform?

Maybe that will solve pop problems.
  14. G.O.A.T

Sony screwed over us Planetside 2 fans.

Fact is they wasted SOE resources on making a PS4 version....Instead those resources could of been used to give us PC players content.

In the end I hope this finally means content for Planetside 2 because this sucks.
  15. Crashsplash

Yep, you're making things harder for your cpu.
  16. Kitakami

Will believe it when I see it running on a home console, not at E3 (who knows what they have those screens connected to). 60 fps on the PS4? Not happening without a major reduction in graphics quality imo.
  17. Shatara

...wait, what? Please elaborate...
  18. Elrobochanco

When you run lower graphics settings (in any game mind you) stuff like textures are typically compressed by your CPU to be passed to your GPU so that your GPU has to do less work. If you have a beefy GPU it doesn't care either way and will easily handle full resolution assets. But since most people have weaker CPUs and PS2 is already a very CPU demanding game (as it usually the case with MMO's needing to keep track of hundreds of players in an area) putting any additional strain on the CPU is more detrimental.

This is a rough generalization, but it's not unique to PS2.

tldr: mmo's are CPU hungry, and lower quality settings make your CPU work to lower the work of your GPU
    • Up x 1
  19. Bush82

i'l be palying on both platforms. only bought a ps4 to play planetside because it will have full servers for the first few weeks.

playstation has full mouse and keyboard support as it is but im looking forward to using the dualshock4 to see how it plays.

i just hope i can use my station account for all my SC purchases. it is going to be great.
  20. TheBlazing

A friend of mine can run PS2 at almost ultra settings with 100% render quality on a GTX 650ti and whatever crappy CPU his prebuilt has, at a farily reliable 30fps, at 1080p.

So on PS4, it will probably run at high settings, 30fps, 1080p, possibly with slightly lowered render quality. "Optimization" is a joke as current consoles are extremely similar to PCs, so there's not much to optimize for the PS4 in particular, but the console will benefit from previous optimization done for PC.

PS4 players will hopefully bring new life and money to PS2, so that content quality can increase.

In short, everybody wins. I still think that PC gaming is superior but if you want to play PS2 on the PS4, so be it, the console should be able to handle this at high settings as promised by Higby.