PS 2 is dieing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mambakiller

2. haldolium

Despite ending at "y" you still write it "dying"

Though then again, your question is on pair with the spelling error. Good fit.
  3. Bearcat

Yes, it's dying. So are you. We're all dying... the real question is "when?". ;)
    • Up x 4
  4. Nyscha

Steam stats are only useful for the people who use steam.
    • Up x 6
  5. Gunho

Lost of interrest mostly i assume, but for me its the path this dev team is taking this game. I hardly log in anymore after all the recent unbalanced changes.
    • Up x 1
  6. Azereiah

It's in a transition period between two completely different systems.
    Obviously people are going to take a break when things aren't finished.

We're not in full release, we're in a glorified open beta. Note the release number - it's, what, 0.62#####?
  7. MFP_TK_01

• Up x 3
  8. Mambakiller

personally havent loged in like 2 weeks, i cant really pin point the reason tho
    bored, imbalances, tech issues, i dont know, maybe a sum of all of those
    • Up x 1
  9. Ivalician

Because flavour of the month.

In game, the SoE devs just can't seem to grasp basic gameplay balance and keep releasing broken ****. Players farm and are happy or players get farmed and get mad. Mad players leave. I mean, seriously, how much broken **** has been released? Dalton. Lolpods. Noobtube. PA shotguns. ZoE. Phoenix. Hacksaws.

Out of game, well, a new AAA game is released almost every month. Just last month saw BioSchock Infinite and this month is seeing The Last of Us. You cannot physically play Planetside at the same time as any of those two games. Or any game really. And those other two games? They have no notion of being competitive despite tech issues, metagame issues and / or balance issues.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bearcat

According to this equally meaningful chart, Planetside 2 is growing:

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  11. IamDH

Yeah i've started to lose interest in this game too
  12. Vashyo

13. S0LAR15

• Up x 2
  14. Zcuron

15. Roadwarrior82

According to the graph, the playerbase has been stable for months now. I propose you repeat your course "how-to interpret charts".
    • Up x 5
  16. Zorro

You are seriously comparing it to one of the biggest fps's on the market? Also, as other have pointed out, Steam is not reliable as many use other methods to play the game. Rest assured, when Planetside 2 has aged and matured, it will surpass even Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2.
    • Up x 1
  17. KlyptoK

You mean when the average joe PC is capable of even starting this game.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheBillOf3D

I'll be glad when everyone does stop playing. Then I can have enough peace to finish my synchronized Reaver ballet.
    • Up x 1
  19. Cl1mh4224rd

I wish people would stop saying this as if it means that graph is worthless. Comparing to Sirisian's stats, Steam users appear to make up roughly 20-30% of PS2's player base. It's an excellent sample size.
  20. KlyptoK

Doesn't matter. It's obvious on both graphs that the population stabilized a few months back and will probably stay that way for a while.
    • Up x 2