Problems with PlanetSide 2 as I see them.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArielFox

I don't necessarily agree with all of the OP but frankly, were they to make the changes outlined up there, we'd be moving in a FAR better direction.

Hence; the suggested changes seen here need to be used as a baseline. At least considering the game in its current state.
  2. Gammit

Have to come back and read a bit more.
  3. xWarMachine

cant really say it much better....

Lets see what/if this gets the deserved attention.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/album/vmscby2n9f/mhigtweet.png

[IMG]

Remember this base... What happen to that design? Fully walled, looks like multiple courtyards and over-shields protecting from aircraft and ground artillery. Seriously this base is what we all want. What the hell happen SOE you obviously had the designs and scraped them?

(bump, this thread needs to be kept at the top for some time)
  4. No0ne

I really love the vehicle play in planetside and I probably spend 80% of my time in a Magrider or a lightning. Having said that the way it's going the servers are getting empty at an alarming rate, most people in my small outfit haven't logged for now than a week and only indar sees any action. Please SoE listen to this post and Hamma's video and change things around.
  5. BeardedBro

SOE needs to take a look at this.
    • Up x 1
  6. Linedan

That's a hell of a TR recruiting poster right there. Nice.

Also, I like the base design. I like the overshield and the concept of a couple lines of wall defense to have to breach. Throw a bit of underground work in there and it'd be even better. If nothing else, the overshield would give us more room to maneuver if we are camped and trying to find a way to push out. It beats standing in a phone booth getting shot in the back (or shooting my fellow NC in the back by accident), or getting blown up from splash damage through the "impenetrable" shield.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rivenshield

I remember seeing this picture and discussing it during alpha. We were drooling over the idea of fighting in it and over it and *through* it.... It's like a hive divvied up into cells, each with its own overshield -- and each of *those* presumably has its own generator to knock out. Each cell could have a different empire in it and both would be boiling like anthives. It even has a small bunker for gate defense (with only two smallish windows on one floor, I note), and I bet that's where the gate gen is located.... multiple objectives and multiple bottlenecks... you could fight in there for hours and it'd never get stale.

My God. What happened? When and how did somebody decide that NO bottlenecks and open indefensible courtyards was the way to go? And how did they ram it through and trashcan all the hard careful work we see?

/appalled
    • Up x 2
  8. Kuraudo

Honestly, the Overshield alone would improve the state of this game 1000 times. Can you imagine a base defense where you are not constantly camped by Zephyrs, Daltons, and Rocket Pods? That's precisely the kind of thing that BuzzcutPsycho is arguing for in his post, and I hope the game moves in that direction.
    • Up x 1
  9. Efour

Ive only read the OP and a few replies but id like to say that SOE should really take notice.

Start by removing HE shells on all tanks... have AI or AV weapons on Bombers.. like old liberators. not the 6 shells of insta gib we have now. Try and balance rocket pods on Air a bit more. Its just a vehicular farm fest at the moment...
  10. GhostSpartan

It worked because people enjoyed some of the mechanics and design.

*The time based hacks clearly displayed how long you had to re secure a base if you wanted to.
    *Spawn tubes being unreachable by vehicals meant you wouldn't get spawn camped by vehicals as soon as you spawned.
    *There wasnt huge windows for vehicals to shoot into and farm vehicals which meant if you wanted in the fight you had to get out of you're vehical.
    *There was doors that had to be hacked to get in an enemy facility proving a small barrier from inside and outside.
    *Objectives were in places that could only be reached by infantry

The only one trying to argue here is you simply because you do not like people referring to the only other game of this type and you are going to have to get over that. Whether you want to admit it or not mechanics in PS1 did work and the lessons learned from that game should be applied in this one.
  11. wave

Bump. I hope other people help me bump this important thread.
  12. WitcherKing

Your reputation precedes you, sir. Excellent post, and agreed on all points.
  13. Galantis

From your "breakdown" of zerging, I don't even think you know where the term comes from or what it means.
  14. PharmD

Bump. More people need to see the above picture^^
  15. Natir

He's been posting this kind of info since tech test...
  16. NovaAustralis

Quoting this gem, so it gets more attention:

It takes a lot less skill and effort to kill infantry when in a vehicle compared to being infantry yourself. Therefore the XP should be reduced accordingly.
    Vehicles destroyed by other vehicles should provide a small XP bonus to encourage this tactic.
    Furthermore, for an infantryman to destroy a vehicle is a big task and so should be rewarded with slightly more XP / slight XP bonus.
    ("Vehicles" in this context also refer to aircraft)
    • Up x 2
  17. Uben Qui

Easy to do since these days zerg and the derivatives of that word are thrown around so much that it almost loses the original meaning.

I mean it as it's first inception.

Using one piece in a mass produced number to go against combinations of other pieces to take objectives by sheer attrition alone.
  18. Littleman

Giant freakin' buildings that are really just husks with a plate of sheet metal to make a second floor are what happened. The closest we have to what we see in the background is a bio-lab. I'd love to see compartmentalized bases with over shields. Seriously, it would have provided the urban environment and base like feel without needing underground sewers to crawl around in.

Also, I want that TR's color scheme as a camo. Every alpha screenshot shows us grey, imperialistic TR and in game we get red all over the place.
    • Up x 2
  19. Mjolnir

As much as I hate The Enclave, I have to agree with Buzzcut on just about every front here. This game is quickly turning repetitive because of the reasons he mentioned. It could be SO MUCH more.
    • Up x 2
  20. Puppy

Well, it seems all these issues make sense. I personally don't like The Enclave but I think this topic should be considered by the devs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.