Power Knife Nerf - Ok then Bye for good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Atrus2g, Mar 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somentine

Tell me, has anything I have typed made you feel like you've been 'made a fool of''? And if not, why do you think that is so? Just a quick thought experiment, but if you're honest with yourself you will see why.

As for the rest, lol k. Comparing some nerds posting on a dead forum to the Holocaust, that's a new one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Exileant

;) Never, Somentine. The reasons are as follows: I am right. You have not said anything that registers as a challenge to my intellect. I think long and hard before I type. I do not lean on a stat board or anyone else who does to make my calls as to what is too powerful or not because I lean on actual experience. I am yet again going to break that last one down for those who want to learn but YOU can feel free to skip to the next energy colored text.

o_O (Making use of mass stats is a terrible idea when it comes to arguments. For one thing, doing so by default assumes all players are on the same level. In a game like this that is beyond foolish because not only are there different levels of skill, there are different levels of attainable funds in order to use various weapons. So lets say you want to argue a weapon is better than another based on stats, like T.R.'s Repeater and the Thumper, and you are poised to say both need to be Nerfed. Just because they have one some of highest kill scores on the board means very little when it comes to how deadly of a weapon it is. The simple fact of why Repeater is used so much is because it is a weapon that T.R. starts off with and therefore is used my just about everybody, Thumper is the a one of a kind when it comes to style, and EVERYBODY bought one. No matter if they get 1 kill a minute or 1 kill per hour, it is still counted as a kill for that weapon; multiply that 1 kill per hour by every T.R. or person that uses it until they get something new or get tired of trying to make it deadly, and BAM, you have a weapon on paper that looks like it needs to be Nerfed. For the record.... BOTH OF THESE WEAPONS SUCK!!! They are HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE weapons. :confused::eek: The ONLY reason I bother with my Thumpers is because I LOVE the idea of killing enemies with grenades that burn targets to death.... :( They are useless in a crowd because they do not have the shot speed, projectile speed or damage to keep up with ANY of the weapons that use bullets head to head (NO MATTER WHICH SHELLS YOU USE or if you have the RATE OF FIRE ACCELERATOR,) which is BACKWARDS....

o_O Another reason is: GOOD players are in the MINORITY. Which means sometimes their weapons, the ones that may ACTUALLY be a little better for some reason, do not even register in the running because not too many people know about them and they are overlooked by the masses of even good players in favor of Pop Weapons ((a.k.a. Meta Trash;)) for like say, not having access to a silencer. Yet you can log in and be murdered by the weapon and that same person or Pwn Squad using them 4 sessions in a row.

Meta weapons are not always good weapons. Most Metas become popular, because someone with skill was seen using the weapon to insane degrees of efficiency and people who say it completely over looked the fact that the person who was playing was an absolute Devastator and could have done the exact same thing with just about any other weapon. ;) Optics is in and of it self is an effective battle tactic, and one that I used to practice in some of the other games I played. If there were a truly deadly weapon I discovered, one that I meshed with and felt it was far easier to drop my enemies with, I would slow play it. :D Only in a situation where money was on the line would I ever use it. :p Therefore I always have an edge.)

o_O As for the comparison? Ignorance is ignorance, there are only different extremes of it. ;) You have to be willing to stand against it, no matter how macro it may seem, because the second you turn your back on it, it will explode into something you cannot control. :( For both this game and life, fallacious ideology and rhetoric have lead to disaster. Considering the time I spend earning Certs. and what I spend on this game while there are starving people in the world that could use both far more; I would at least like the peace of mind that I made the decision to be selfish for something I ACTUALLY WANTED and it not be changed or taken away from me for stupid reasons.
  3. Demigan

QFT.

This is false, as always. Mass stats incorporate everyone, from the worst to the best. This makes for an effective way to gauge a weapon's effectiveness without having to check every individual in the game's performance.

To add nuance you can look up the Q1 go Q4 stats to get an idea of how the worst to the best players change the weapon performance compared to that average and to other weapons in their Q1 to Q4.

Although if that registers is another matter.

Also note that this post, while it ridicules your method, is actually about the subject by proving that methods can be used to prove or disprove something assuming you understand them, and not a random rambling post that insults others and is about how you must be superior and everyone who disagrees with you is not.
  4. Somentine

Point proven. Now imagine I think the exact same way, just in opposition to you. Mind blown.

Certainly could have fooled me.

You know what's better than subjective experience? Subjective experience that can be backed up by objective facts, in this case stats.

Not only are there ways to separate skill levels overall, but there are also ways to separate individual weapons and their usages (KPU, Q1-4, etc.). I'm not going to waste my time explaining this very basic concept to you, maybe put some of that great 'intellect' to good use... or continue to believe you are still correct, I really don't care.

You could always view their stats separately, and they still get compared against the 'mass stats', no matter how rare their use.

Rambling.

With how little self-awareness you have, I certainly don't doubt you 100% believe this.
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

Okay, I couldn't resist.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Somentine

The teal is a nice touch, lol.
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

It's the little things.

On topic, purely by the numbers I feel like there's little point in using a power knife over the reg knife as they are now. Short ranged interactions in this game are notoriously inconsistent so a headshot kill with the knife will always be a dice roll in my opinion. Personally it all means little to me, I don't often get knifed and rarely use one. On principle, however it would be nice if they made some tweaks to how these things function to make them a more useful choice than a simple novelty.
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

Its one of the extremes. A OHK weapon, even as short-ranged as a knife, is OP on a cloaked unit. But a 2-hit is too bad as it offers time for the opponent to start moving and retaliate and doesnt reward the effort enough.

So you go inbetween:
    - fix the hit detection so its the same as quick-knifing
    - add buffs to the user/nerfs to the opponent when using a OHK knife. A burst of speed, a shield in front, leeching health/shield, a concussion to the opponent etc could all make the weapon useful enough to be worth it.
  9. Sumowning

The Amaterasu was basically just a silenced Commie, but more visual. It's in a good spot right now honestly.

I don't mean this as a dig to you btw, but I see a lot of the same thing "I don't use the knife, so I don't care about the nerf". Kind of mindset on nerfs. Which is weird considering some people claim it to be widespread, but I digress.

By that I mean, even if one doesn't play a certain style or even hates it. I think it's important to still look at such stuff objectively, which seems to be rather uncommon in the community. Like if I'm unfamiliar with something I ask the people who are familiar with it, on their opinion.

Example being; I despised Adrenaline shield, as it felt like it added too much survivability to a class who already had tons. And despite it not affecting me much, since I don't play the class a lot. Having asked Heavy mains, it made it feel kinda lackluster in terms of performance vs other overshield options.

Which made me think the nerf was way too harsh on that Adrenaline Shield.

But yeah, overall fixing the hit detection and having the same swipe radius as a quick knife might give it some more usefulness.
  10. Sumowning

Whilst true on most cases, I think most of the hypocritical part comes from frustration. To a point where the original point gets lost in a shouting match and frankly that's why it's better to just leave it and ignore it. Only engage when there's some valid commentary to be had, as I've seen him do it. Like to his credit, I've seen him work on a solution.

This being a good example, of forward thinking to a solution.

His line of thinking in previous posts is as follows: Clientside causes cloakers to stab before they 'reappear' therefor, cloak is OP, therefor knife cloaker OP, therefor OHK knife OP. (at least from my perception) Which is not really how it works. As a lot of things get affected by the big general issue that is CLIENTSIDE.

Like everytime you die behind cover from that last singular bullet, that is clientside. It doesn't make the weapon they're using overpowered. As they too suffer from the same issue.

The whole point of the post in this case, is that the current iteration of the Powerknife is useless. In a way it needed the OHK potential in order to stay relevant in clientside. Whilst it may feel OP to get hit by it, it's not. Becuase most people don't realize the effort and same clientside issues that they suffer from, it's only magnified as trying to hit things (especially heads) at close range with a knife in a 96+ fight is clientside hell.

As for the forward thinking part, he makes a good point to try and balance it out. Like what could make it worthwhile?

Anyway, as for:

Whilst you are correct, it's definitely not nearly as severe. It's mainly the issue with the Dev's line of thinking who make the issue so... Much more complicated than it needs to be by thinking way too simple. Most of the time they just adjust stats and call it a day.

It's been a big point of irritation amongst the knifer community that the way knives are currently implemented are awful, it's a fun style of gameplay but that's it. It's nowhere near competitive, and normal are overall really just garbage. Due to clientside, the annoying slow on the hit animation, the hit detection. All contribute to it needing the OHK potential, which shouldn't need if the devs actually think of a creative way of solving this.

Somentine.. Is different. As he clearly doesn't inform himself enough before he makes statements, and when he does they're usually one-liners without much depth, or what he thinks of as "GOTCHA" moments such as "Is ThIS yoU?! *insert Fisu link*" Which holds no weight, but he does that because he believes himself to be 'above the trash players'. It's a frail ego thing.

"power knives were nerfed and it sure as hell wasn't due to me or anyone else on these forums."

As to this part of his bull****, clearly he doesn't visit the Infiltrator Class forums enough. The sheer amount of whining, crying and overall toxicity coming from other classes. Who are literally on their just to whine, is a sad thing to see. This doesn't include the posts where I see stuff like "[Suggestion] Infils should have LMG access as ASP" like that deserves whatever is coming to them honestly.

It got so toxic with people whining about infils, some posts of them have actually been removed xD

Pretty much summed it up perfectly, it's just one big dice roll with no payoff for an already underplayed and underpowered playstyle. It shocked me to see them nerf such a thing, whilst I can understand the annoyance from getting OHKilled, the least they could do was put some effort into fixing the washlist of issues the playstyle has.

Kind of the issue pops up here what I said to MechWolf:

It's nice to see people actually care about playstyles they don't play, since the general mindset seems to be that of; If it nerfs anything I don't play, it means it's a win for me.

Personally, instead of nerfs I'd like to see buffs to others which overal the Arsenal update was just that. They buffed less-used guns. It's just a shame they had to ruin a playstyle in the process, without coming up with any solutions.
    • Up x 1
  11. Somentine

You just can't get enough. I don't need to write massive rants to deconstruct terrible arguments. The one with the frail ego is you, who tried to constantly deflect and project the second stats were brought up; this being a perfect example of yet more projection.

I think you need to go and look at the Infiltrator Class forum again, and pay attention to the thread creation dates, recent post dates, amount of recent posts, and the content of said posts.

You are beyond delusional, and grasping for straws.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

Could you perhaps look at your own actions once in a while? A simple example: you've been calling anyone who disagrees with you toxic based on the fact that they disagree with you. This in itself is quite literally toxic behaviour of yours.

In fact, you quite literally called everyone who disagrees with you toxic even before you engaged with anyone who disagreed in this very thread. You then called out a stereotype to justify this, a stereotype that seems to be absent from this thread.

If you want toxic you are actually engaging with one of the most toxic players on these forums: Exileant. He's pretty much an indicator for which side is wrong. The least of his faults is that he says everyone else is just attention whoring while he uses a deliberately annoying colorscheme for his words (and when asked to change it to make it easier on the eyes he insulted those who asked) and he throws around the most random stuff all the time.

As for Somentime's fisu links, they are a way to judge someone's trustworthyness. Someone who dedicates almost all their time in the class they protect is less trustworthy than someone who plays multiple classes. Because few people would be fair enough to say that their crutch class is OP and have it nerfed. But someone who plays a bunch of classes is more likely to know the full scope and make a more fair judgement.

You keep complaining about others asking to have parts of the infiltrator nerfed all the time. Rather than create a fantasy about how HA's just are crybabies with the devs around their fingers maybe you should have a long hard think about why so many people want it nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Exileant

;) Do you know what I find hilarious about this? Considering you are impersonating me, you would actually be talking about yourself and what happened to you at that age. :( Listen..... Your mother wanted you.... Eventually.... She just made some bad choices, what with the pressures of giving up on her dreams and settling for her summer fling. :confused:She loved you... But you just would not shut UP!

:eek: I had to try SOMETHING! :p
  14. Exileant

:( It has its ups and downs, I will admit. Mainly it depended on the mood of the Mods here. When it came to Demi, Campaign and his biddies I mean buddies, I would get warned constantly for stupid things, I could not make additional posts to start over because it violated the rules of multiple threads about the same subject. o_O It was not until I started hurling fireballs at management did that stop. From my experience it does not stop until I stop them. But you will see. There are some things one only learns by experiencing them first hand. As you see, I reduced them to base insults, however that is what I mean by hanging themselves and their own reputations. Well what little of it they have left. I mean sure I am going to cut back, because that is my right after being verbally abused. I believe it came from me beating a few of them when they used to play on PlayStation.

:D As far as Demi's arguments go yes, he definitely has the ability to work through a problem, the issue is he sees problems where there are none half of the time, and much like Somentine; he is MORE than willing to scream about things he know nothing about. (Like whether a Prowler Main cannon is Full-auto or not.... Basic crap that he is often wrong about.) :rolleyes: Like the lie of Planetside allowing a swing before a de-cloak..... That does not happen short of extreme Lag. I have missed a MANY targets thanks to the noise of my blade in addition to the de-cloak noise. When it come to a one hit kill knife there is no argument. If you cannot hear that loud tail knife from a mile away or see the glass closing in on you letting you know you need to run, NOTHING is going to help you. :D The person might as well use a Repeater, Scout or Sniper Rifle because you are dead either way. Heck you would die faster if they did, because they do not have to close the distance gap by running at you. Knifing was a morale killing tactic for real. Sure you could if you were lucky and VERY good, sneak in and weaken an extremely well held room, but you still usually died your 3rd or 4th kill if you were BLESSED.

:confused: Distance and noise WAS the balance.

Another reason Demi is no better than Somentine is he is more than willing to work on imaginary issues, that usually only affect the less skilled group of his fiollowing, but will not say a word against what he uses... When he actually gets around to USING them.... :D He pretty much lives on this forum. I am here in waves. When everything is going decent I am playing, it is not until something has gone horribly wrong that I show up, and believe you me he is ALWAYS here to chime in on some level. Hahaha! That Forum Jockey life!:p
    • Up x 2
  15. That_One_Kane_Guy

I find it fascinating that on an internet forum with the warm security of anonymity, you still choose to behave like a cringy manchild. This suggests either a stupidity too strong to realize what you come off as, or a character flaw too deep-seated to be hidden.

In other words, try again.
    • Up x 1
  16. Demigan

Actually we didnt report anything until your posts reached a stage where all it contained was insults about the people who disagree with you. Kind of like how you are approaching that point in this thread.

Also I showed a video, mouse visible and all, of how I had semi-auto shooting on my Prowler but in the same uncut video I had automatic fire on the Viper as evidence. Naturally you couldnt believe proof served right in front of you.

And ofcourse just about every point you made so far can be summed up with "hypocrite".
  17. Exileant

:D Says the woman-child posting comics about what I did to her all those years ag-- I mean HAPPENED to her!!! All those years ago. Hahahaha! Have you noticed that you will not find a single curse word in any of my posts? Or start off insulting people?
    The flaw that you are picking up on is a brain, it only seems like a flaw because nobody until you met me has been kind enough to shake you awake to use yours. :confused: The stupidity is your own, it is just radiating so strongly from you, you believe it is coming from someone else. For example: By rights, you should be reported and banned for your failed attempt at an insult, but I do not report unless the person I eventually shatter starts whining like the babies who cannot seem to grasp the understanding of "RUN WHEN YOU HEAR CLOAK if you are not inside of a shielded area." o_O I am not stupid enough to type a message or post a picture anywhere that contains only an insult. If I were to? THAT in and of itself would be an insult to me. Even if I did simply want to insult you, my pride would not ALLOW me to NOT turn it into a teachable moment, because I am capable.

Now, to address your mistake in thinking I only choose the internet to challenge foolishness. I do believe I said: "--you have to fight all ignorance no matter how small. If I am asking that from others, I would be an idiot not to ask this of myself. If I am going to fight and destroy ignorance where ever it rears its ugly head, I have to know, Ignorance will not like this, being has many forms and levels of intensity, the knowledge that you have to be ready to get physical, is basic at best. Some ignorance only understands one thing.... Violence. :eek: That is the ENTIRE basis of this game. :D Am-I-RIGH-HA! Hahahaha! Aaaaaaah, T.R....... What are we gonna do with ya?

;) That Hot-Rod you heard the other day ripping down the street? That was in fact brain tuning up to respond.
  18. Exileant

o_O You are a liar. A lady posted a video of her holding down the button and it firing Full-auto. You posted a video of you pressing the button and releasing to fire again, and you never showed me Full-Auto on a Viper passed the initial 6 in the clip. The reason you believe the Viper is Full-auto and a Prowler Main cannon is not is because you have no background in weapons thus do not know how it works. :confused: Your posts were the only ones that were flooded with insults and nothing else. While I did respond and mop the floor with you all, you could not understand half of what I was saying and you all felt stupid, as a result you took all of it as an insult. It had to be reviewed from start to finish. You seem to be the only one I see that survived the purge, sadly... :p Considering you are still peddling bull urine as lemonade.

:D You simply denied the proof that Harassers were easily dispatched toys even after I made 3 videos of me doing just that and one of them is still in my signature. I am still killing them in the exact same way too, a bit better if I am to be honest, (Which proves the Cloak was not a "Crutch" but a preference and should have been left alone.) but you would deny the existence of an arrow in your chest if I hit you with one and you did not die from it first in order to support one of your poorly argued points. :( Which is very sad.
  19. Demigan

I posted a video of me pressing and holding the button for about 2 seconds but firing a single shot. Then pressing and holding to fire the second shot.
    Then I spawned a Viper Lightning and pressed&held the button again, and I fired an entire clip in one go.

Just asking btw: what would be the purpose of showing more than one Viper clip? I fired one on full auto, what more do you want?
    I mean, anyone who knows how those weapons actually work would know the ROF of the Prowler (2 shots per second) and that when you see someone holding the button while using a Viper that yes, that is a full-auto burst from a Viper.

Secondly, you can totally be insulting without using swearwords. For example saying someone is a motherfocker versus saying someone has sex with his own mother, its the same message and the same insult. Another example: calling someone a "woman-child" to denigrate them.
    You are insulting in so many ways. You ignore cold hard proof, you pretend anyone who disagrees is automatically stupid and you are deliberately obnoxious down to the color you pick for your text.
    Swearwords are good btw. They are the perfect way to blow off steam. Its when you systematically try to humiliate others with your words that its a problem. Like someone who calls others woman-child, puts things people say in a negative light (say cold hard evidence like a clear video) and insults people's intelligence amongst other things.
  20. Exileant

:confused: You having to ask, proves my point. o_O There is a difference between a burst fire Semi-Automatic and a Fully Automatic weapon. Even the GAME explains it if you take some time an go over the weapons. Though you will need to be an N.S.O. to get a decent break down on the difference. I do not really have to insult you, because you do it just fine all by yourself. Like I said, YOU LIFTED YOUR FINGER for the Prowler as you JUST admitted. :D Hahahahaha! This is why the game is messed up. They listen to people like you to make calls! What am I supposed to do? Just let you be wrong and spout all the nonsense you want when I can make a video proving otherwise? I do not give a fly donkey's dong about your feelings when it comes to my money that I am spending to play with items I invest my time and money in, especially when they are being attacked unreasonably. If they actually took whining less seriously at a time I may have considered simply staring at you and calling you insane in my head, but now? My one hit to kill bike that can be ran over by EVERY, SINGLE, VEHICLE IN THE GAME.... INCLUDING ITSELF, now has a Cloak delay..... :eek: How sorry do you have to be to DIE to a bike than makes so much noise, has an EXPOSED RIDER SEAT and a AVERAGE driver? I watched cloaking flashes die left and right without the restriction, now all they do is die.... If I remain quiet, there will not be a game left.

;) Hilarious that you did not use your ankle biters term "Man-child" and his comic as an example even though he opened the door for me to jump down his throat; much like you, did by lobbing the first insult. I do not start things, I finish them. It is not my fault you and people like you write checks you cannot cash with people you cannot hope to compare. This is exactly why nobody respects you for real. Your like Sabrina and her poorly written take of what Satanism is. You turn everything upside down, use the same Christian story that you are wrong about, and insert yourself as the hero, and expect your audience not to notice. Hahahaha! But hey, the way I see it, I owned you on PlayStation in game as a screaming newbie way back when, this Yammering you do is all you can manage. o_O Christ was with you in the fact that my first P.S.4 died due to a fried G.C. because I would have access to our old fight clips and with how you acted towards me, I would have posted them to shut you up for good. You do not get to throw punches dragon and then cry for help when you get mauled and burnt to a crisp. You are a hypocrite, THAT is a "True story."

o_O If you do not want to be humiliated to not get personal with me, because I have very little faith in humanity as a species thanks to people like you; thus I have absolutely no problems reducing you to ash mentally. It is simple. "Do unto others as you would have done unto you--" or I will make you in the worst way possible. If you can remember the very first time you told me to post videos of what I was saying when it came to killing, I told you I did not want to because back then I had a problem with showcasing the people I killed, as it would place them in a negative light, YOU REFUSED TO ACCEPT THIS. "Oh you are not ABLE to do all that you say you are-- blah, blah, rabble, rabble, rabble." OKAY, cut forward to now, 1 Video from someone else and 3 videos of me doing exactly what I said and more, I then get:

;) Hahahaha!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.