Post Your Loadouts!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by WacKo, Dec 25, 2012.

1. WacKo

Keep the load outs coming!
  2. Jarek

Faction: NC

Two load outs are the same other than the Tool.

Primary: GD-22S
    Attachment: 2x Reflex, Forward Grip
    Secondary: Mag-Shot
    Attachment: Laser Sight
    Tool: Shrike or Hawk (Shrike most often)
    Suit: Nanoweave Armor (thinking of switching over to Flak though)
    Ability: Nanite Mesh Generator (thinking of switching over to Resist)
    Utility: Restoration Kit x 2
  3. Covah

Ok so TR :

Loadout 1 :

Main : MSW-R + adv laser sight + muzzle flash + soft point + NV scope
    Secondary : Repeater + laser

Tool : Decimator
    Ability : Adrenaline 5
    Armor : Nanoweave 5
    Utility : C-4 x2

Loadout 2 :

Main : AMR 66 battle rifle + laser sight (grip useless semi-auto :( ) + compensator + 3.4 laser scope OR TMG-50 + forward grip + compensator + 3.4 laser scope + high velocity ammo

Secondar : Repeater + laser
    Tool : AA or AV rocket
    Utility : C-4 x2

Loadout 3 :

Main :MCG + extended mag
    Secondary : Repeater + laser

Tool : Decimator
    Utility : Regeneration kit x 4
  4. AlphaMiC

Name: Duey
    BR: 32 (I think)
    Faction: VS
    Server: Waterson

I love the Flare. With Resist Shield and Nanoweave at 4 I honestly feel a little OP (and I consider my `skills`average at best). Basically I get 20% more health and that health lasts me much longer with the resist shield. I don`t get the people with 2250 certs into Adrenaline Shield ... it has literally no benefit in 1on1 fights and is surely only marginally helpful in larger fights. For 400 certs (1850 LESS!!) you get Resist 4 and I can take on groups of 2, 3 even 4 at a time. Payout vs. cost seems way way too high...

I prefer the regen kits because you can pop them going into a fight to help keep you up or use them to recover after a fight. Long range accuracy and dmg per bullet make long range kills easy too. I`ll swap to burster or AA spec (below) if air is a problem but run with the decimator primarily. Two shots into the rear of a MBT and it`s down. I love it for MAX hunting. Even if you miss you`re bound to take out an infantry or two.

I use the lasher for tighter spaces (defending tower stairwells) and because it`s just cool. I`d say 98% of my time is with load out 1 though.

Flare
    Primary: Flare - Soft point ammo, compensator, extended mag, reflex x2
    Secondary: Beamer - standard
    Utility: Regen kit x2
    Ability: Resist Shield x4
    Armor: Nanoweave x 4
    Tool: Decimator

Flare (AA)
    Primary: Flare - Soft point ammo, compensator, extended mag, reflex x2
    Ability: Resist Shield x 4
    Tool: Nemisis

Lasher
    Primary: Lasher - laser sight
    Ability: Resist Shield x 4
    Tool: Decimator

Duey - Waterson
    VS
  5. Sgarv

I legitimately feel bad for all the people in this thread that bought SP ammo
  6. Deschain

6pack of San Miguel and AP Lightning.
  7. Grizzly-Konried

What's so bad about SP?

Daytime Loadout:

Primary: GD-22S, Fore Grip,
    Secondary: Rebel
    Utility: Medkit x2
    Ability: Resist Shield max
    Tool: one of my rocket launchers.

Night time
    Primary: EM6, Fore Grip, Compensator, HVA, Night Vision
    Secondary: Rebel
    Utility: Medkit x2
    Ability: Resist Shield max
    Tool: one of my rocket launchers.

My Sunderer is the real beast

Primary Weapons: M40 Fury Grenade Launcher - NV optics
    Secondary: M60 Bulldog - NV Optics
    Passive: Acquisition lvl 4
    Utility: AMS (Spawn)/Gate Defuser lvl 1
    Defense: Mine Guard lvl 4/Blockade lvl 3/Ammo lvl1
    Performance: Racer High Speed Chasis 3 (I can go faster than a flash lol)
  8. Sgarv

Damage increase is negligible and it wrecks your ability to fight in anything other than CQC

And it's 100 goddamn certs
  9. Lawman

NC

First Load out:
    LMG: Anchor
    Attach: Adv. LS, Suppressor, Reflex or NV
    Shrike + C4

Second:
    LMG: EM6
    Attach: Compensator, Forward Grip, 2x Reflex
    Shrike + Med Kit

Third:
    LMG: EM6
    Attach: Compensator, Forward Grip, 4x Truesight
    AA Launcher + C4
  10. AlphaMiC

False.
  11. Sgarv

I see you're in denial. I grieve for your loss.

EDIT: Of course, unless you think an extra single bullet saving 5 meters range at the expense of terrible long range impact is a good thing
  12. ViXeN

Empire: Vanu

Heavy Loadout:

Primary: Flare

Attachments: VHO Reflex x2, Compensator, Forward Grip,

Secondary: Default

Tool: Default:

Ability: Nanite Mesh Genrator 1

Suit: Nanoweave Armor 3

Utility: Medical kit
  13. Talarius

Despite only playing one loadout, I couldn't give you the names/levels of all my gear, so here's the hazy recollection:

BR16 TR

Main weapon: MSW-R with Advanced Laser & 4x scope that has 3 chevrons
    Secondary: TX2 pistol w/nothing on it (almost never use it)
    Starter rocket launcher
    starter grenades
    Nanite Mesh Generator 3 or 4?
    Nanoweave Armor 4
    Utility: Medical Kit x1

I play on a 4-year old laptop with the lowest quality acceptable graphics card, so my frame-rates are terrible even at 1400 x [?] resolution and graphics on low. I've been pretty happy with my MSW-R as I can snipe at surprisingly long range with the scope and am less than impressive at close range due to poor FPS. My average K/D ration is sadly around 0.33 most sessions, but I really enjoy the game despite that. You'd be surprised at how many snipers I've taken out at extreme range with the MSW-R; it isn't made for that role, but it *does* work.

I'd like to try out the other guns but have never seen how the heck to get the free trial. What am I missing!?
  14. Viper279

NC
    Guass SAW S
    reflex 2x
    for-grip
    muzzle flash
    SP ammo
    deicemator
    A/V grenade
    C4
    cant remember the rest like the NC6 also i tend to change the layout depending on mood
  15. Kyutaru

I see you're in denial, I grieve for your loss. I see you're also easily influenced by graphs that portray a segmented portion to show a difference as large when it is in fact miniscule. If you had bothered to pay attention to the video itself, at long range the minimum damage being at 125 makes the weapon an 8 shot kill. At long range with SPA, the minimum damage being 112 makes the weapon a 9 shot kill. It's one additional bullet at a range where landing bullets its tricky, that's it. It's not a huge difference like the graph makes it out to be. At 750rpm with the MSW-R, that's an additional 0.08 seconds of firing time to get that next bullet off. At both midrange and CQC range, this time is meaningless. Yes, the slow bullet velocity and lower damage makes long range shots more of a pain, but it's not "terrible". It's one additional bullet to counteract your improved CQC murdering, it's a tradeoff. If you look at the entire graph, you'll see that SPA is actually superior to normal ammo up to 20m which can matter when the enemy is slightly damaged in mass combat. This is the approximate engagement range for all inner facility conflicts, you can't beat SPA for close quarters effectiveness. At these ranges, you still kill with fewer bullets than your enemy which will save your life and potentially double your effective engagement range with CQC weapons.

People who use it 24/7 for all their loadouts are obviously idiots, but it has a place in close quarters, and I pity you for not seeing that. You can make up for damage loss at range with skill, you can't make up for CQC superiority unless your enemy can't aim worth a damn.
  16. Artuskan

VS BR38

Loadout 1 - Close-In

VX29 Polaris
    VHO Reflex 2X Scope (also 1X NV Scope)
    Suppressor
    Forward Grip
    Soft Point Ammo

Loadout 2 - HA Sniper

Eidolon
    Trigon 6X Scope
    Forward Grip

Loadout 3 - ClusterF**ks

Lasher

Universal

Secondary - Manticore, no attachments
    RL - NS Decimator, occasionally switch to Annihilator for specific situations
    NMG4
    Munitions Pouch 2 (2 extra rockets!!)
    Restoration Kit X2

I have Nanoweave 4, and I used that until the threads out here convinced me that Flak Armor was a better choice, so I took that up to 4, but I carry the Munitions Pouch instead because I like having the extra rockets. In a 1 on 1 duel, a well-aimed rocket trumps any other weapon, except perhaps a grenade. I don't bother with C4. If I want explosives, I'll switch to my Engineer.

The Nanoweave argument? It sounds better than it actually turns out to be. It only increases your health, not your shields, etc. The difference between no Nanoweave and Nanoweave 5 is that you can take one extra bullet. The time it takes to fire one extra bullet from the slowest LMG in the game? Half the time it takes to blink your eye. You're better off concentrating on learning how to avoid being shot. Flak Armor is also somewhat of a an illusion, but it will save you more often than Nanoweave.
  17. Sgarv

It does actually have a noticeable impact on ranged combat. I bought the damn stuff, and regretted it because I could NOT kill moving targets at long ranged like I used to. And, at long ranges with an inaccurate-as-hell weapon like the LMG, needing one less bullet to kill is a godsend because you're going to miss with 80% of your bullets. CQC? **** no. You gain an extra 0.08 sec TTK up close for a ~3 second reduced TTK at range. It isn't worth it at all, especially for a ******* LMG which already has a short TTK, and especially since it costs 100 certs.

HV ammo is more useful in pretty much every respect, and if it's a choice, it should be used over SP ammo.
  18. AlphaMiC

"it wrecks your ability to fight in anything other than CQC" <-- This is what's false. I know this because I use SP ammo most of the time and I have never had an issue taking down targets at range. I suppose I can't prove that, but if you want to come to my house and watch me play I will buy you a freeze pop.
  19. Sgarv

Well, obviously I'm exaggerating a bit. But still.
  20. Ruvan

Faction: VS

STANDARD LOADOUT (DEFAULT)
    Orion (LMG). Iron sights, Flash Suppressor and Laser Sight. I change this about a lot.
    Manticore (Pistol). Suppressor and Laser Sight. Not used overly often.
    Nemesis (Tool). Because it is useful against every type of unit. Other launchers are more specialized.
    Nanoweave armour. My default armour to use when none of the others would obviously shine.
    NMG. Because I don't play with a medic much (i.e. resist is better) and haven't certed adrenaline yet.
    Grenade: Frag. It's cheap and the others are more situational.
    3x Medpacks.

ANTI-ARMOUR LOADOUT
    Orion or Ursa (LMG). Use other LMGs as well as the Eidolon (Battle Rifle) occasionally.
    Manticore.
    Decimator (Tool). Maximum damage to armour. Possibly use the S1 if I need extra rockets or the Hades at long range.
    Flak armour. So I have a better chance of surviving HE. Might be inclined to use grenade bandolier occasionally or the extra rocket one (haven't got it yet).
    NMG. Same reasons as above, plus NMG/Adrenaline is better than resist for large single hits.
    Grenade: Anti-armour. So I can do the maximum anti-armour damage without returning to a terminal. Useful for saving valuable rockets against stationary targets.
    2x C4

CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT
    Nova (Shotgun). If you aren't using a shotgun in CQC, you're doing it wrong.
    Manticore.
    Decimator (Tool). Do as much damage as possible to MAX units and Engineer turrets. Rarely used otherwise.
    Grenade bandolier. Because concussion grenades are awesome in close quarters. Might use flak armour if there are a lot of AP mines about.
    NMG.
    Grenade: Concussion grenade. Great in CQC.
    3x Medpacks.

These are my defaults. I nearly always customize them to the situation.