[Poll] Should Infiltrators be able to hack vehicles?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dr. Euthanasia, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Euthanasia

I'm mirroring another person's thread from the Infiltrator subforum here because as my arch-nemesis has so graciously pointed out, any opinions about a buff for the class that could be gathered from the place where Infiltrators go would be unfairly biased to favor it. Therefore, I turn to you fine members of the Gameplay Discussion subforum instead, and ask that you don't burn me alive for this transgression upon your sacred meeting grounds.

Now, you've already read the thread title, but let me make something abundantly clear here: I am leaving the effects of a vehicle hack unspecified. Do not assume that I'm talking about Planetside 1's vehicle hacking. That is a matter for another discussion. All I want to know is, do you people think that Infiltrators should be capable of influencing enemy vehicles without being reliant on hacked base turrets, through the use of hacking?

Just provide an answer in your reply. Comments are fine, reasons would be appreciated.
    • Up x 15
  2. Teegeeack

Yes, they are the only class who are currently incapable of influencing enemy vehicles, for some unfathomable reason given the fact that they are supposed to be "infiltrators". Even a combat medic can C4 a tank.
  3. Oheck

I don't see why not.
  4. LT_Latency

No,

Hacker there vehicle terminal and spawn one of your own. Now they can't spawn any and you can blow theirs up
    • Up x 1
  5. Laraso

6. haldolium

There are already several threads on this topic, I think mostly people agree that this should be in the game. Vehicles should be hackable when the driver isn't present.

Now the real interesting question would be what about deployed sunderers and what about passengers/gunners in unoccupied vehicles?

How's it been in PS1?
  7. Konfuzfanten

I say yes, if you cant watch your vehicle, then you should lose it/it gets disabled for a time. Ofc me playing inf, has nothing to do with it :p

I see 2 options:
    a) inf can hack a vehicle and take it over, just has the class can hack a turret. how fast is dependent the level/new cert option for the inf.
    b) The inf can hack the vehicle so it becomes disabled for a time, like 15-60 sec(lvl you have to cert) and the occupant gets ejected - remember your smg for sweet sweet justice.
  8. SClaw

No.
    • Up x 2
  9. Teegeeack

They can rehack the terminal, they can blow up the terminal and repair it. Hell, if they think there's an infiltrator lurking, they can just blow up the terminal and NOT repair it so that he's pretty much ******. And good luck spawning a tank right in the middle of an enemy platoon.
  10. Teegeeack

Also only infiltrators and engineers should be allowed to carry C4. Anti-personnel/tank mines should be restricted to engineers.
  11. soeguud

yes. And shields. and jump pads. only being able to hack terminals is stupid and something the engineer should be able to do. Cmon. you know, engineer?
  12. LT_Latency

So they can build more tanks after you kill one. Doesn't mean you shouldn't kill them do it
  13. Lazaruz

Yes, provided that the vehicle is unmanned. By default this should take a while (not as fast as turret hacks for example) so the risk/reward factor plays a part.

I can imagine the tears of AMS Sundy drivers...
    • Up x 1
  14. Dr. Euthanasia

Your tank will get blown up in seconds if you spawn it from an enemy facility where people are actively spawning their own tanks from. Just saying.

I'm partial to both, actually. That is, the ability to incentivize drivers to get out of their vehicles to deal with you, and the ability to hack unmanned vehicles for some destructive or subversive purpose. It would simply feel more fair if the punishment for being hacked while in your vehicle was less severe and gave you some chance at recovery, even though I imagine that most of the time uncloaked Infiltrators sitting next to tanks would just get shot by someone else nearby.

Would you guys believe that I saw about as much opposition to this idea in the other thread? Kinda surprising, if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ketobor

I would like to see them gain some form of influence over vehicles. Hacking seems like an acceptable way.

I wouldnt want it to be 100% destroying a vehicle (like taking over would be), but I think something like automatically bringing it to 50% after a 4 second hack would be reasonable. Something of approximately that power level.
  16. HMR85

Yes, being able to hack vehicles should be in the game. If you can't take the time to pay attention to your surroundings or your deployed vehicles then you deserve to lose it. I say put it in the game.
  17. Enxel

I Agree that infiltrators should be able to hack vehicles but only if they are unoccupied
    • Up x 1
  18. ChrisEarth

Yes, but only unmanned vehicles. It his hard to explain why my magrider should kick me out of the driver seat.
    "Ey you VS guy, leave me immediately! Can't you see that I'm a TR magrider? Damned idiot."
    • Up x 1
  19. ih8Darian

As a man who plays infiltrator a lot
    • Up x 1
  20. Terran537

Yes, I think they should be able to hack vehicles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.